Do we spend this long on our make-up?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just read this article about women and make- up. Do you think it is accurate?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-Women-spend-year-lives-applying-make-up.html

nah, but then it is the Daily Mail who like to get as many clicks/revenue as possible esp if they can get a bit of outrage going (remember Samantha 'I am too beautiful' Brick ?)

i spend about 3 minutes Mascara (Blinc) , Eye Brow brush up (YBF), blusher (LG), lipstick (Lipstick Queen) - current routine

How do they get the revenue Lilith? I'll stop clicking on them.

every click gives them revenue from advertisers (i.e. the adverts on the page of the article pay a lot more if say 2 mio people read them rather then 2000)
then there is another level of revenues via click-thru i.e. once you are on the page of the article, you might click on one the ads, which means more revenue for the Daily Mail
they have figured out that more controversial/outrage means more money

they also put stories on US people we haven't heard of (like someone in a TV show that doesn't air here) so that people searching for that person will find the article - and bingo, more clicks, more revenue

Well Im a great advocate for semi permanent make up I've had my eye liner done now for over a year and a currently booked to get my brows done next Month.

Expensive if you go to a renowned practitioner but well worth every penny, especially when Im up at 0530 and not home until 2200 after a long shift!

I'm down to about eight mins and five of those are spent on "prepping the canvas"! Then it's eyebrows, blusher & lippy..I don't do eyes as they're very sensitive so I save liner & mascara for special occasions..

I'm about five minutes flat but I don't wear eyeshadow. Most of the time I don't wear lippie either.

I only wear Mascara during the day, nothing else and sometimes I don't even bother with that!

Well Im a great advocate for semi permanent make up I've had my eye liner done now for over a year and a currently booked to get my brows done next Month.

Expensive if you go to a renowned practitioner but well worth every penny, especially when Im up at 0530 and not home until 2200 after a long shift!
The Mail article mentioned permanent make up, so i assume if you had eyeliner done, it would last a lifetime. You mention semi-permanent - how long does that last?. Is it a really fine line near the lashes that they do. Dont know alot about it myself, but would love not to have to do eyeliner everyday!

Excluding hair probably about 10 mins to moisturize,conceal, balance and brighten, blush, eyeliner and mascara. Including hair probably around 30 mins.

Latest posts

Back