This weeks ASA ruling against Sit Up - 20 February 2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find this one particularly sly, it would be easy to assume it was their intent to deliberately deceive us so well done to the complainant.

I have it on very good authority that more Upheld complaints will follow in the next few weeks :wink:

I am glad that Bid were taken to task over their deliberate attempt to mislead viewers. It's poor business practice. :down:

Hahahaha!! Bye bye Jean Paul Dupont sales using a misleading load of old cods Bid TV "presenters"! :rock:

I know all the dodgy tactics and bullshitting provides us all with endless entertainment but seriously, they are an utter disgrace aren't they?

It's unfathomable how this shower got away with so much, and for so long.

Has anyone told Debenhams? Awww nooo! Thery may not stock it now, gutted! lol :bandit::giggle:

Has anyone told Debenhams? Awww nooo! Thery may not stock it now, gutted! lol :bandit::giggle:

What an absolute web of blagging they concocted for this cheap stink. I'm so pleased they have been exposed for what they are.

I'm afraid for me personally Peter Sherlock's credibility is sapping by the day. I cannot really take him seriously regarding facial products anymore and would now take anything he says about fragrances with an enormous pinch of salt. Let's face it, he was the head cheerleader for JPD.

What makes it worse is Peter seems like one of the more genuine presenters, heaven help us :eek:

Last edited:
What an absolute web of blagging they concocted for this cheap stink. I'm so pleased they have been exposed for what they are.

I'm afraid for me personally Peter Sherlock's credibility is sapping by the day. I cannot really take him seriously regarding facial products anymore and would now take anything he says about fragrances with an enormous pinch of salt. Let's face it, he was the head cheerleader for JPD.

What makes it worse is Peter seems like one of the more genuine presenters, heaven help us :eek:

*rubs worry angel* :doh:

*rubs worry angel* :doh:

Wash your hands afterwards.

I wonder if the dermatologically natural and cosmetically unenhanced Mr Sherlock will grace us with his presence to explain the "confused sales tactics" regarding JPD as he did over "Botoxgate" :wait:

I've noticed that Peter Sherlock is getting more and more misleading. I put it down to the fact that he is not as much of an expert, and as knowledgeable as he purports to be. Shame because he used to be one of my favourites

As far as I can see he dosen't mention anything specific about his fragrance expertise on his website (not unless stylist and make up artist covers it).

Curiously he does mention being a Pizza Delivery Boy and a Photocopier Repairman though.

Last edited:
As far as I can see he dosen't mention anything specific about his fragrance expertise on his website (not unless stylist and make up artist covers it).

Curiously he does mention being a Pizza Delivery Boy and a Photocopier Repairman though.

I wonder if he's the one who came to repair ours in theatre? It subsequently went on fire:mysmilie_483:

I wonder if he's the one who came to repair ours in theatre? It subsequently went on fire:mysmilie_483:

If Peter had fixed it the aged and battered old exterior would miraculously have became a brand new, shiny, modern looking model.

Sadly it would still produce a lot of annoying noise. :wink:

Bit of a storm in a teacup, yes I can see why this would annoy people and I actually agree that they did overstate, or at least imply that the product is more popular than it is....but...the ASS action states that they should not do this again should the item appear again - so the ruling only covers this one item? If that's the case then they can just collect these complaints like stamps and not worry about it?

Bit of a storm in a teacup, yes I can see why this would annoy people and I actually agree that they did overstate, or at least imply that the product is more popular than it is....but...the ASS action states that they should not do this again should the item appear again - so the ruling only covers this one item? If that's the case then they can just collect these complaints like stamps and not worry about it?

They haven't mentioned 'Macys' when selling any JPD cheap stink for a long time now, nor have they shown the 'advert' that is broadcast 'all over America'. In fact they rarely seem to sell JPD full stop nowadays.

I agree that they are collecting rulings like stamps but if it continues they are at danger of a referral to OFCOM, this is almost a weekly occurrence now.

With no sign of letting up :wink:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back