Moisturising mask or treatment

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbelle

Registered Shopper
My skin has become really quite dry in the past year and I have to work quite hard to keep it feeling and looking moist.

I really like using a moisturising mask a couple of times a week. I really like L'Occitane Creme Mask but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions.

i like the LE. Intensive nourishing mask. i don't have dry skin, ts still oily/combination, but this leaves my skin so soft.

Forgot to say if your skin is dry ,you can add the superskin concentrate mixed in with the mask.

Last edited:
I was just going to say the same as LE, I find this good on my skin which has eczema breakouts, have also used the elemis exotic moisture mask, and like that, hope you find something that works x

for moisturisation, i think Decleor Neroli Oil is hard to beat
wear under moisturiser like a serum (do you use a serum already ?) or use one drop and spread over face before having a warm bath, as the steam will help too
i like to use one drop of the Neroli and a little dollop of Decleor Gel Prolagene and the same size of dollop of Decleor Hydra Floral and mix it all together, makes a beautiful creme mask, very refreshing and moisturising and the skin will drink it all up (and good to go to bed with)

otherwise, using some Rosehip and Argan oil are great used as treatments and serums - and Avocado oil is great for very dry skin (used Triology Rosehip, Dr Organic Argan and Avocado Neal's Yard)

if the Decleor route does not appeal, i guess you could also use your mosturiser with any of the above oils and use some pure Aloe Vera Gel .....

I've only really started using a serum in the past year and I'm a bit half arsed about it. I do use an oil at night, my favourite is Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate. I sometimes use a lighter oil during the day too.

I have tried the Liz Earle mask in the past. Will give that another go.

I don't really want to be mixing my own potions. I'm more if a dig it out the pot and slap it on kinda gal.

haha, i just had a look in the 2 Liz Earle recipe books (published before she started her company) and was going to ask if you wanted to have a couple of her recipes
saved me typing out what to do with the ripe avocado, honey, and egg, hehe

superskin concentrate sounds like the way to go for you, maybe you can try a generous amount in warm bath ....

Not a mask but Judith Williams Rose oil is excellent for keeping skin moist - you put a few drops OVER the top of your normal moisturiser - very sheer and fine, pure, and doesnt make you look greasy.

What does it smell like Reflexgirl?? The rose oil I mean. I do like skincare to smell nice. I like quite herby aromatic smells but I absolutely love rose.

Sorry Lilith ... I'm just a bit if a lazy pup really. Superskin concentrate is lovely. Smells divine I do like the creme mask from L'Occitane though as it feels like a mask but is super moisturising. I think you can use it as a night treatment.

Last time I went to the High street, the girlie from bare minerals was chatting to me and says my skin didn't look dry at all so hopefully I'm winning the battle.

I can highly recommend the Nspa hydrating facial oil , IMO as gd as Liz earles superskin but alot less money.

The judith Williams Rose Oil smells really nice imo - a sort of natural rose scent, delicate, not too strong. The duo that QVC sell has 25x5 star reviews, might be worth a look. Its a good skin conditioner and I use it over the top of my moisturiser when my skin feels it needs more! Lasts for ages too. No I havent got shares in the company!LOL

Sorry Lilith ... I'm just a bit if a lazy pup really. Superskin concentrate is lovely. Smells divine I do like the creme mask from L'Occitane though as it feels like a mask but is super moisturising. I think you can use it as a night treatment.

lol, no need, i guess i just like desconstructing things, finding out what's in them, and how it might work, and then doing my own thing if poss and putting it back together- maybe i am a weirdo , but it gives me real joy to find a frugal AND effective DIY or customised solution (ideally witout too many unnecessary suspect ingredients too) , and i enjoy learning along the way
i have learned heaps about all kinds of oils from Liz Earle in the olden days (hat tip !)

as it happens, i have an invite for a free l'Occitane consultation with a facial consultant (sales assistant ?) tonight, comes with a free goody bag too, so let's see what that will entail - will look out for that mosturising mask and hope to get my hands on a decent trial size of the immortelle Divine cream too

Decleor Hydrafloral mask works for me but I usually used it with Neroli. A couple of weeks ago I decided on a change (big step for me) and bought Akin Rosehip Oil and its fantastic, regarding the smell as its natural it doesnt have a cosmetic smell but smells like tea!! Smell soon fades though.

Anyway it has worked even better than Neroli and at £16 for 28ml it is considerable cheaper. To be honest with having this virus crap I dread to think what my skin would be like now without it. Funny how Ive still managed to do the routine day and night but cant manage to make the tea.

M & S facial oil has got really good reviews and it's soooo much cheaper than LE.

I've tried two different ones from M&S and both are nice but neither is as good as Liz Earle for me at night. I like a really good dollop of oil at night instead of a night cream. The LE is much thicker and heavier. Both M&S are better than LE for me during the day. LE is too heavy for me during the day. Picky ain't I? :eek:)

Latest posts

Back