I've been a naughty customer, but I had to do it, sorry!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Decided (against my better judgement) to buy an kitchen electrical item from Bid. I bought the same item from Aldi recently for more than half the price, but it turned out to be a pile of junk, which didn't work very well...I was too embarrassed to take it back (It is Aldi!). When I saw the Bid tv item on screen I thought it looked much, much better, and for £19.99 plus £7.99 postage, it still worked out cheaper than the leading brand of this product. It arrived, I took it out of the box, and apart from a different logo, the product was NO different from the flimsy cheap version I bought from Aldi. I thought I'd give it a try though as it's how it works that counts, and sure enough it was just as unsatisfactory! Decided, for obvious reasons to send it back, but resented having to lose £7.99 just for the pleasure of looking at it! On the returns label, I ticked faulty, then when I realised that it was going to cost almost £12 to return it (which would probably be a right hassle to claw back) I called to arrange a collection of a parcel weighing in excess of 3 kilos - it didn't!!! Ummmmm!

I have sinned:devil:

Last edited:
Decided (against my better judgement) to buy an kitchen electrical item from Bid. I bought the same item from Aldi recently for more than half the price, but it turned out to be a pile of junk, which didn't work very well...I was too embarrassed to take it back (It is Aldi!). When I saw the Bid tv item on screen I thought it looked much, much better, and for £19.99 plus £7.99 postage, it still worked out cheaper than the leading brand of this product. It arrived, I took it out of the box, and apart from a different logo, the product was NO different from the flimsy cheap version I bought from Aldi. I thought I'd give it a try though as it's how it works that counts, and sure enough it was just as unsatisfactory! Decided, for obvious reasons to send it back, but resented having to lose £7.99 just for the pleasure of looking at it! On the returns label, I ticked faulty, then when I realised that it was going to cost almost £12 to return it (which would probably be a right hassle to claw back) I called to arrange a collection of a parcel weighing in excess of 3 kilos - it didn't!!! Ummmmm!

I have sinned:devil:

Out of interest Merry was it a 'Your Kitchen' product?

...and while you're there don't bother with anything with the Maxim branding either. I remember buying my son a few Maxim kiddies electrical toys many moons ago, and the quality wasn't up to much back then....seems nowt's changed. I bought the bathroom scales, because they looked sleek and had a handheld control. They work, but they give the weight in everything except stones..great! I'm sorry, but pounds and kilos meet nothing to me when it comes to weighing people...Oh, and they weighed something different every place in which you put them!

...and while you're there don't bother with anything with the Maxim branding either. I remember buying my son a few Maxim kiddies electrical toys many moons ago, and the quality wasn't up to much back then....seems nowt's changed. I bought the bathroom scales, because they looked sleek and had a handheld control. They work, but they give the weight in everything except stones..great! I'm sorry, but pounds and kilos meet nothing to me when it comes to weighing people...Oh, and they weighed something different every place in which you put them!

Maxim and the likes of Your Kitchen/Gener8 etc are just generic 'white brand' products that are packaged to suit any old supplier or retailer so you never really know what 'brand' you're buying, dozens of different named products could well be the exact same item.

Argos are selling a Beldray Hand Held Steam Cleaner (as part of a package with a Steam Mop) which is the exact same product as the Gener8 model but in white and purple (sorry the Beldray image is too small to see on here but it's exactly the same). See the link instead.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1922321.htm

Attachments

• Gener8.jpg
    Gener8.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 140
  • beldra.jpg
    beldra.jpg
    802 bytes · Views: 316
Last edited:
If anyone is thinking of getting the blood pressure armband contraption, I wouldn't bother. I saw Steve using it and how he came up with his result I do not know, the figures were all over the shop.

What is it that you bought Merry? :mysmilie_506:

I've seen Bid sell the same generic products that you can find in Aldi/Poundstretcher and dodgy high street bargain shops - I have actually seen them flogging stuff I've seen on sale in Poundland. They really do just slam a made-up brand label on cheap products!

If anyone is thinking of getting the blood pressure armband contraption, I wouldn't bother. I saw Steve using it and how he came up with his result I do not know, the figures were all over the shop.

What is it that you bought Merry? :mysmilie_506:

It was a blender/grinder,When I opened it I could immediately see it was poor quality, and as it was identical in every way apart from branding to the Aldi model, which was also a pile of junk that didn't do the job it was supposed to...yes it blended, to a fashion, you'd have probably had better results with a butter knife! Needed to return it fast, A. Before hubby asked me why I'm wasting my money on junk that I know doesn't work (thought it was different), and B. I wanted to make sure that I got every penny I'd paid for it back, and not to have to spend any more money in the process! Mind you for once, the return postage would have cost more than the £7.99!

I can't remember the crap we bought a few years back. I think it was called Kitchen Devil or something similar, a food processor.. Anyway, when it came it was very small, very flimsy and within a week the motor burned out. We put it on the tip! We've never bought electrical from them again. My husband has bought power tools from ALDI's and they are still going now. Perhaps he has just been lucky

It was a blender/grinder,When I opened it I could immediately see it was poor quality, and as it was identical in every way apart from branding to the Aldi model, which was also a pile of junk that didn't do the job it was supposed to...yes it blended, to a fashion, you'd have probably had better results with a butter knife! Needed to return it fast, A. Before hubby asked me why I'm wasting my money on junk that I know doesn't work (thought it was different), and B. I wanted to make sure that I got every penny I'd paid for it back, and not to have to spend any more money in the process! Mind you for once, the return postage would have cost more than the £7.99!

Ah I've not seen that.

The YOUR KITCHEN range smacks of cheap and nasty and looks like it really should be sold out the back of a van or one of those dodgy shops that set up for the day! You know it's poor quality when the writing on the box is as big as the box itself!

Latest posts

Back