Concealer recommendations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
I was just wondering if anyone could recommend me a good, heavy duty concealer that will cover up acne? My usual two of choice (Rimmel Hide The Blemish and a Laura Geller one) are not cutting the mustard anymore.

I can't afford anything massively expensive, but just wanted people's ideas.

The acne is mainly on my cheeks, it is red and raised at certain times of the month. I've been given an ointment called Thovaline which is basically Zinc Oxide cream, which is stopping the spots coming to a head, but isn't stopping them forming.

So while I sort myself out, I could do with a good cover up. I wear B&B as I don't like liquid foundation and sometimes Bare Escentuals too (I tried the Bare Escentuals Bisque concealer, it was awful on me).

Any thoughts? Thank you in advance :talking::handshake:

i was going to reccommend the Laura Geller real deal concealer but that may be the LG one you have already tried. Dermablend are really heavy duty and Mac do good concealers.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Poor you barbedwire, I hope the cream works for you quickly.

I was going to suggest getting to a MAC counter, they could also help with application techniques as well.

Weathergirl - I'm using the Dream Creams one from LG, it's very good but not quite heavy enough. The Real Deal one I had a year or two back, found it very good indeed, I might look into a repurchase! Thank you for the Dermablend suggestion - I will look them up!

Donna - Thank you :) I'd also wondered about MAC, they seem to do quite a few and would be lost at which one to pick so going to a counter makes sense as I could get some advice and try. I am very pale so have to choose carefully with shades ;)

Like lots of other people on here, I'm a Beauty Bible tester, and a year ago they sent me Soap & Glory's Kick Ass concealer to try.

It's brilliant - two shades of concealer, which you can blend to get the perfect colour on your skin, and a tiny pot of translucent powder, with a puff, to seal it in place.

It's a tenner in Boots. Mine has lasted a year and there's still tons left. It's this one: http://www.soapandglory.com/products/cosmetics/face/kick-ass-concealer

I've found the paler of the two shades is a life saver when you're under the weather and get those dark circles under your eyes.

Sublime, Rosey - thank you very much indeed! Your suggestions are on my "to try" list. Very much appreciated indeed :)

Latest posts

Back