I spent £450 on Bid - please forgive me!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bidtvbs

Registered Shopper
I couldn't resist buying the viking eco stepper bike (Bid sell it at the cheapest price) and some magic cleaning blocks. Am I going mad?

When l read £450 l thought it had to be some of that quality AAA Tanzanite they sell....or even the beautiful Moissanite, the 'Space Diamond' :giggle::giggle:

lol its ok bidtvbs, I had a yonanas machine delivered to me yesterday from bid :sun:

I couldn't resist buying the viking eco stepper bike (Bid sell it at the cheapest price) and some magic cleaning blocks. Am I going mad?

As far as i'm aware the bike you got is exactly the same as a model sold in Tesco but under a different brand name, for £399. You can also buy it direct from Viking for £432, delivered free of charge. Never, ever believe Bid are the cheapest, for anything!

http://www.tesco.com/direct/hopper-20-folding-electric-bike/215-7386.prd

http://www.viking.org.uk/eco-stepper-folding-electric-bike-black-20-inch/)as

Last edited:
As far as i'm aware the bike you got is exactly the same as a model sold in Tesco but under a different brand name, for £399. You can also buy it direct from Viking for £432, delivered free of charge. Never, ever believe Bid are the cheapest, for anything!

http://www.tesco.com/direct/hopper-20-folding-electric-bike/215-7386.prd

http://www.viking.org.uk/eco-stepper-folding-electric-bike-black-20-inch/)as

you're quite right the tesco branded white version is cheaper , but the black viking version can not be found cheaper anywhere other than bid (including topcashback). I went through topcashback and got £22 off plus the person referring me to topcashback got a tenner so technically the bike cost me around £407 delivered free. For the black version that is as cheap as it gets. Even on Ebay second hand ones sell for the £400 + mark

Last edited:
Good for you! Enjoy it. It's your money and nobody's business but yours how you spend it

No you're not !!
You can send back and all that. Its done quiet well for us to Buy Buy Buy......we all use it as therapy. Its enticing and all marketing with music scripts and good acting without sincerity. Thats what they get paid for. Learn from this the jewelery channel and gems tv is much worse ......dont get hooked friend. Just dont or itll will cost you an arm and a leg! Literally.

you're quite right the tesco branded white version is cheaper , but the black viking version can not be found cheaper anywhere other than bid (including topcashback). I went through topcashback and got £22 off plus the person referring me to topcashback got a tenner so technically the bike cost me around £407 delivered free. For the black version that is as cheap as it gets. Even on Ebay second hand ones sell for the £400 + mark

I see, I hope it's a good purchase for you.

I never knew Bid TV used cashback sites, interesting to know.

I hope it's a) delivered, b) works and c) you don't have to contact customer services or return it.

5% Cashback not bad i guess

The cleaning blocks can be bought for around £1 for 2 or 3 in a pack

Well there MUST be the odd bargain on Bid, they are the UK's leading, (or is that only), discount shopping channel in the UK after all, Uncle Peter Simon said so.:wink:

Now gents, remember, back to the padded cell at 8pm for your meds at 8:30 & hand in all sharp objects, (including credit cards & mobile phones), upon arrival. :mysmilie_61:

Well there MUST be the odd bargain on Bid, they are the UK's leading, (or is that only), discount shopping channel in the UK after all, Uncle Peter Simon said so.:wink:

Now gents, remember, back to the padded cell at 8pm for your meds at 8:30 & hand in all sharp objects, (including credit cards & mobile phones), upon arrival. :mysmilie_61:

How rude! lol :sun:

Yes i too bought the cleaning pads the zircon ear.ngs and the Thomas Kinkade ( will return it) pictures. Yes the postage price is extortionate £7.99 so is the Phone calls for £1.53 that's ten quid £10.00 before you even start to pay for "an unbelievable priced items bought in bulk".
Yes they put the extra wonga from you to them in the frenzy of the music, false script well rehearsed and waiting for mugs like us to spend money we dont have.

The hype with the carefully orchestrated music and a script telling how wonderful each product is and how much you really need it to save money. There must be 1000 items from each channel and how can we own all of them realistically. Our common sense for a moment is stunned by it all chucked in our faces. Then in the stillness of the night and and in our sane untarnished moments of peace and tranquillity .....we just realise we been had. Too late .....you might give the item back and get some money on the returns but you just lost the cost of a premium rate phone call and premium postage.

"Whooa all you telly shoppers come back to sanity "....well you've gotta been there to understand what you shouldn't have done it.

Well its never to late to stop .....its just like gambling and the adrenaline rush is the same.

Take care shoppers microknight

Micro, you weren't tempted by a Kinkade post apocaliptic scene? Is that your Bid guilty pleaure?:wink::mysmilie_61:
Which of the "inferno gas chamber" pics tempted you painted by Mr. self confessed "I wee on Winnie the Pooh to mark my territory", (yes it was stated in the Guardian that this follower of Jesus did this I kid you not)?
His pics were discussed in a very interesting article posted by Enigma on here asking
What are there no people in his paintings?
Why is every room in every house lit?
And the "killer" question...Why does the smoke always go in a straight vertical line from the chinmeys? (Only seen when the chimney is releasing smoke from a furnace apparently).
Think about that as you take one last look before returning it :wink:

Micro, you weren't tempted by a Kinkade post apocaliptic scene? Is that your Bid guilty pleaure?:wink::mysmilie_61:
Which of the "inferno gas chamber" pics tempted you painted by Mr. self confessed "I wee on Winnie the Pooh to mark my territory", (yes it was stated in the Guardian that this follower of Jesus did this I kid you not)?
His pics were discussed in a very interesting article posted by Enigma on here asking
What are there no people in his paintings?
Why is every room in every house lit?
And the "killer" question...Why does the smoke always go in a straight vertical line from the chinmeys? (Only seen when the chimney is releasing smoke from a furnace apparently).
Think about that as you take one last look before returning it :wink:

Thomas Kinkade, Painter of Light (from the 9th Circle of Hell) :devil:

Latest posts

Back