My Yonanas machine from Bid arrived yesterday!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
I was out yesterday so they thoughtfully left it on my doormat wrapped in a black dustbin bag saving it from getting wet in the rain.

I have just opened it up. It was a lot lighter than I expected. Hope it doesn't mean it's flimsy and gonna break? :doh:

I have some frozen cherries but will get some bananas to freeze and will hopefully test it out on Monday. Will let you know how it goes and if it actually tastes amazing like the presenters say.

BTW, I got this on the 1p P&P day.

I have been a tempted by Yonanas myself but i'm hanging on for it hopefully going on sale in the high street.

I eat too much Ice Cream.

Hope your neighbours are noise tolerant. They'll certainly know when you're making some! :mysmilie_503:

Hope your neighbours are noise tolerant. They'll certainly know when you're making some! :mysmilie_503:
I have a friend at work who has got one and yes they say it is very loud when it is working.
They like it though and their kids eat the food it churns out and I suppose it is really more healthy than ice cream and can give them the 5 a day thing but they say even though it does the job it is not something they will actually use everyday because you have to remember to freeze the fruit first.

had one for a while now

bid sell this for a good price it is a good product and produces some lovely deserts

yes it is fairly loud but you are using it for say twenty seconds a day at most so that is a very small issue to me anyway

I've been tempted by the Yonanas for quite a while but, as I've got £50 of vouchers to spend on Amazon, I'll probably get it from there if I do decide to get one (because technically it'll be almost free :wink:)

If it's on Bid I'm put off straight away.

They lie so much about utter tat I really can't go for anything decent from them. I'd rather look for it elsewhere then give them my money.

And banana "paste" isn't my idea of a decent dessert anyway.

I've gotta admit, I'm tempted by the Yonanas. I'm lactose intolerant, so I can't have ice cream.. this does seem like it could be a good substitute, but I'm not sure about using banana-mush as a base.

I've gotta admit, I'm tempted by the Yonanas. I'm lactose intolerant, so I can't have ice cream.. this does seem like it could be a good substitute, but I'm not sure about using banana-mush as a base.

About a year ago l bought a smoothie maker (in an attempt to eat more fruit) and bananas was the one fruit that used to make everything taste terrible! I love a banana, and could eat far too many of them given the chance, but when mushed up they did something awful to the taste.

fair enough if you dont like the product you dont like it

however some people seem to find it impossible that bid do do SOME good products and still have a dig

If as we all suspect they do read this forum then people who are satisfied with this particular product (me included) should post away on without the thread going into yet another direction about were bid are going wrong...

the product has lots of good reviews on amazon from a large sample and when bid were selling it with free p + p it was a fair bit cheaper )even on the launch it was a pound or two cheaper)

this is the sort of product we should be encouraging bid to stock or products like this

The comment it turns it into mush!?? what did you expect it produces a soft desert that taste similar to ice cream. I am not that keen on bananas but the deserts i produce do not taste of banana anyway

I hear they are doing a deal on this product today, free p & p and lowest price ever according to Sally. May be worth getting today if anybody has been tempted.

OK, I received this product the other day. I have put some bananas in the freezer and have a tub of frozen cherries to try out tomorrow.

OK, I received this product the other day. I have put some bananas in the freezer and have a tub of frozen cherries to try out tomorrow.

Do let us know how you get on Greg.

I am very tempted to get one too but what with the free P+P offers of late I am wondering if it will shortly be on sale in the high street?

Speaking of the high street has anyone seen any Jean Paul DuPont fragrances on sale in Debenhams yet? It is March :grin:

At least they left it safe. A few years back I order a set of electric hobs from them as a backup at Christmas. We were out the delivery man chucked it over the back gate right into our water but. :clapping:I believe they lost the delivery contract shortly after

OMG! It's lovely!

I have just tried it with banana. It's like as they say on the telly. It's like soft serve ice cream but without the cream. It's best to thaw the banana for 10 minutes first. Then I added some frozen morello cherries I got from Asda to the banana. Very tasty!

The machine comes apart relatively easy to wash the individual parts and is a little noisy but I am pleased with this purchase (£39.99 + 1p P&P) using their easypay facility (£20 x 2). I don't think I would have bought this if it were not on the 1p P&P promotion. This product is clearly not in the same bracket as their usual kitchen gadget crap. I don't know how long it will be before it available on general retail in the High Street. It might be worth waiting until then and perhaps there could be additional models available and be a bit cheaper.

Last edited:
OMG! It's lovely!

I have just tried it with banana. It's like as they say on the telly. It's like soft serve ice cream but without the cream. It's best to thaw the banana for 10 minutes first. Then I added some frozen morello cherries I got from Asda to the banana. Very tasty!

The machine comes apart relatively easy to wash the individual parts and is a little noisy but I am pleased with this purchase (£39.99 + 1p P&P) using their easypay facility (£20 x 2). I don't think I would have bought this if it were not on the 1p P&P promotion. This product is clearly not in the same bracket as their usual kitchen gadget crap. I don't know how long it will be before it available on general retail in the High Street. It might be worth waiting until then and perhaps there could be additional models available and be a bit cheaper.

Good to hear Greg.

I want one even more now!