Wonders Never Cease - Carolyn selling Triplet Opal Jewellery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
Ms Lyndsay is selling some of the Triplet Opal 'jewels'.

For the first time, ever, I have just heard a Bid presenter give a completely full and frank description of EXACTLY what a Triplet Opal is, and what it consists of.

I wonder if there is another ASA ruling in the pipeline that relates to these products :wink:

There was a quantity of 25 for a pendant, she sold just three. She said she didn't understand what was going on, I suspect I do.

Maybe with the frank description they aren't quite as attractive anymore :grin:

Last edited:
I know exactly what's going on Wirral as I made the formal complaint about the blatant mis-selling I saw in in relation to triplet opals :wink:
The ASA asked them to describe them correctly but Bid had already, courtesy of Mike Mason, mis sold what must have been literally tens £1000's in about 20 mins and I don't think a lame rerquest to sell them correctly is sufficient.

What about all those people who were mislead into being told that they were "triple protected grade A opals", they been written to, offered a refund? Bet the answer is a big no. So as the ASA took an age to write me a letter back, literally months, I'm now hectic at work & time has passed. I will however, when I have the time, pass all my screen shots & notes about the situation and my pathetic letter from the ASA over to Trading Standards. I know if a high street shop behaved like that they'd likley be forced to close pending suitable enquiries.

I know exactly what's going on Wirral as I made the formal complaint about the blatant mis-selling I saw in in relation to triplet opals :wink:
The ASA asked them to describe them correctly but Bid had already, courtesy of Mike Mason, mis sold what must have been literally tens £1000's in about 20 mins and I don't think a lame rerquest to sell them correctly is sufficient.

What about all those people who were mislead into being told that they were "triple protected grade A opals", they been written to, offered a refund? Bet the answer is a big no. So as the ASA took an age to write me a letter back, literally months, I'm now hectic at work & time has passed. I will however, when I have the time, pass all my screen shots & notes about the situation and my pathetic letter from the ASA over to Trading Standards. I know if a high street shop behaved like that they'd likley be forced to close pending suitable enquiries.

Good for you Nikki.

I suppose a small comfort is Carolyn really didn't sell many items after her new found candour ha ha.

I was looking at the opal items & thinking about mothers day just the other day, a lady at work said not to as they are unlucky. I wonder if that's because they are fragile. I wouldn't buy a jewelry item from bid though as I've been hearing some really bad reviews about such items as "space diamonds" and a lot of their crystal items. I'm always really concerned about buying jewelry as hardly any sales person ever says their item is lab created when a lot of the time they are.
I hear Sapphires, Ruby's, Emeralds can be lab created too, bidtv never say if theirs are created ones. I usually buy my jewelry items from GemsTV as they have in big writing at the bottom of the screen where the particular gem has come from.

I was looking at the opal items & thinking about mothers day just the other day, a lady at work said not to as they are unlucky. I wonder if that's because they are fragile. I wouldn't buy a jewelry item from bid though as I've been hearing some really bad reviews about such items as "space diamonds" and a lot of their crystal items. I'm always really concerned about buying jewelry as hardly any sales person ever says their item is lab created when a lot of the time they are.
I hear Sapphires, Ruby's, Emeralds can be lab created too, bidtv never say if theirs are created ones. I usually buy my jewelry items from GemsTV as they have in big writing at the bottom of the screen where the particular gem has come from.

Hi Mr. M,
My opal lost it's lustre from everyday wear, they're not strong, far from it & prone to cracking too if the temp changes.
According to google searches all moissanite is lab created these days for sale as the original ones from the metiorite iteslf have been in private collections & museums for years.
Out of the 2 Gems is in an entirely different league, not perfect but put anything wrong right in an instant. Great customer care & items worth having, I'd stick to them personally. Good luck with getting your Mum's pressie ;)

I would never believe anything that came out of Ms Lyndsey's mouth. If she stood infront of me and correctly told me my name and address, l'd still doubt her!

Latest posts

Back