Karcher window vac.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
Morning all, just got my post and in it was a leaflet for The Original Factory Shop. Their front cover had the Karcher window vac which is scarily on IW right now, they have it for £49.99 whilst IW are currently selling it for £69.99.
I know some of you say this is a really great tool, so thought I'd post the tip. I know the factory shop has lots of outlets but you can now order online too!!
£20 saving isnt anything to be sniffed at :) almost wish I wanted one hehe.

The one at the factory shop doesnt come with the extra head, the cleaning concentrate and the karcher bottle with cleaning head. So depends if u need / want those accessories or not as they will cost u more than £20 if u but them at a later date.

Jesus every body in the country will have one after the IW brainwashing,if you pardon the pun.

Squeak, squeak, squeak,

Love using mine! :up:
Please elaborate. I've lived in my house for 14 years and never cleaned the windows. I think I've saved enough on window cleaner bills to afford one now. Can I clean the insides as well with this tool? What about first floor window will ledges

Please elaborate. I've lived in my house for 14 years and never cleaned the windows.:eek:lol! I think I've saved enough on window cleaner bills to afford one now. Can I clean the insides as well with this tool? What about first floor window will ledges

I bought mine just before Christmas from Karcher Centre when on offer with the smaller head. Every winter I have a problem with condensation in the bedroom when really cold. It's been wonderful just having a quick vacuum in the morning! I see no reason why it shouldn't work on the sill.

I've used it on the patio doors, and windows after cooking, it's really quick and does an excellent job, just a quick buff with a cloth after. I probably won't use it as much in the summer - I do love the smell of good old Windolene!!

I shall stick with the window cleaner for now to do the outsides.

Frazzled, is it any good on wall tiles in the bathroom?

ILS, it's great on the tiles, I've had mine a couple of years now and like Frazzled do our windows in the morning, you don't realise how much water it picks up until you empty it!

Funny you should ask that ILS, I was thinking about trying it to spring clean the bathroom in the next week or two. I just been and done a "test patch" - brilliant!

My bathroom's completely tiled and not that big, don't think it's going to take me very long, hooray! :up:

I bought mine specifically for condensation on the windows, when it's very cold mine get really wet and its amazing just how much it removes!

I have to agree with all of the above posts. It's something you wish was around years ago. I have black shiny tiles in my kitchen, look lovely but a swine to keep clean without smearing. This vac does as good a job as if I'd been buffing for ages, in literally a couple of mins tops! I use it to clean my black glass tv stand & cleaning my kitchen worktops so works equally well on horizontal surfaces.

Also, you know when your car windscreen goes a bit smeary on the inside, especially when it's bitterly cold? Use the karcher vac, gets the wondow spotlessly clean & clear instantly after a quick splash with soapy water :wink:

I don't use the karcher cleaning solution stuff as mine didn't come with it, (it was on Ebay for £38.99 with free p&p). I just use a squirt of washing up liquid in warm water, works wonders.

Last edited:
cannot believe people actually pay the price this item sells for.i would have thought a bottle of glass cleaner (99p) and a old T shirt is much more economical.:cheeky:

I've bought so many gadgets that either haven't worked or are so much hassle to set up they get consigned to the garage or binned that I'm loathe to try another one. I've swithered over buying this for ages. I've got a huge conservatory and so many windows I keep getting drawn back to this product though! Should I? The reviews on Amazon are mostly favourable but there are a few that aren't. I just don't know...

I don't buy that many gadgets PP - I don't think you'll regret one of these, shop around - I got mine for around £55 with the extra head and free delivery. Like Nikki, I just use soapy water.

I've dithered about one of these for ages. Might have to shop around for a good deal. I'm afraid l don't trust IW after a couple of bad experiences.

The Karcher Factory has refurbished ones for £32.99 too, different model , the WV50 not the WV55 , the difference is just the numbers like "Go faster stripes" :grin:

cannot believe people actually pay the price this item sells for.i would have thought a bottle of glass cleaner (99p) and a old T shirt is much more economical.:cheeky:

I can understand the skepicism, but I use mine for removing the condensation off the windows, the car windows too as well as cleaning them JMO

I fully understand why you think this and you're absolutely right it does seem mad to pay this when you can do the same with soapy water and elbow grease but speaking personally I have arthritis in my neck and shoulders and cleaning windows which involves repetitive circular motions is a no no for me, if I do them I suffer the consequencies and am in pain for days I have a window cleaner do the outsides but not the insides so this is what I use

The Karcher Factory has refurbished ones for £32.99 too, different model , the WV50 not the WV55 , the difference is just the numbers like "Go faster stripes" :grin:
I think the head sizes is different. The wv50 has the 170mm head whilst the 55 has the 280mm head

Latest posts

Back