Andy Hodgson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bid p&p

Registered Shopper
Oh Andy I wish you were on bid every evening!

I am really enjoying watching Bid tonight, great fun and entertainment (even the gardening section is hilarious, the expert gardener is in hysterics over some of the things Andy's saying to her - great viewing!) but...most importantly...no BS'ing at all. Just honest, clean, fun!

We really need to get Andy to train up some of the other presenters - they wouldn't have hardly any ASA rulings if everyone was like him!

I like him too, he seems like he just wants to have a laugh more than do the hard sell. Does he deliberately do the Alan Partridge act or is that really his personality? lol

Andy is the Mr Clean of Bid TV-I wonder if his sales figures are as good as the hysterical,cynical and dishonest presenters who dominate the channel.
I certainly hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a huge fan but he certainly is the most honest and most wholesome of the lot of them. Just imagine living next door to the frightful Peter Simon:puke:

superb again last night first time i have watched a whole bid show for a long time

essentially for all the comedy e.t.c he is a ****** good presenter especially compared to most of the rest

EVERY product he mentioned the p+p and phone call at least twice

His sales figures? Everything flew last night and as i have said before i would bet good money his returns rate is a smidgen of other presenters

well done andy and please stay

Sorry to bump an old'ish' thread but I after watching Andy today I must say he is like a breath of fresh air.
An example was the gold chain he was selling, he asked for the weight & length to be put on the screen so we could make a proper decision on whether to buy, they didn't so he stopped until they did. Perhaps a bit of bravado but he's the first presenter on Bid Or PD that I've seen insist on them displaying the very important details of a gold product they are selling. Normally all we get with Peter Simon is "Its a big gram weight! buy buy buy!!!" or something imo that's equally misleading.

Also Andy has told us about the phone coming up, he's said £12.99 it will be going for (which is very reasonable). None of this fake shock malarkey as the price comes down.

Oh how I wish more presenters were like Andy.

Sorry to bump an old'ish' thread but I after watching Andy today I must say he is like a breath of fresh air.
An example was the gold chain he was selling, he asked for the weight & length to be put on the screen so we could make a proper decision on whether to buy, they didn't so he stopped until they did. Perhaps a bit of bravado but he's the first presenter on Bid Or PD that I've seen insist on them displaying the very important details of a gold product they are selling. Normally all we get with Peter Simon is "Its a big gram weight! buy buy buy!!!" or something imo that's equally misleading.

Also Andy has told us about the phone coming up, he's said £12.99 it will be going for (which is very reasonable). None of this fake shock malarkey as the price comes down.

Oh how I wish more presenters were like Andy.

I so agree with you, he's superb

As for the gold, how on earth would you buy it anyway without knowing the weight at least?

I hate how the others hoodwink and hide the truth with their over the top superlatives. They deserve all the stick they get, bunch of shysters.

wasn't he head of presentation at some point ?

He was. When I emailed him some presenter complaints he said he hadn't been head for many years. He forwarded my complaint on and copied me in but sadly his boss didn't have his manors and ignored me.

PJ

he always asks for the weight and length of jewellery to be displayed

superb again today

It's almost as if Andy stumbled in from a totally reputable shopping channel and carried on as normal.

As welcome as he is I still find it all very odd, it's almost as if he has his own separate presentation rule book. The word 'gram' is virtually unheard of at Sit Up when it comes to gold, except when he is presenting.

Very strange, but long may it continue.

It's almost as if Andy stumbled in from a totally reputable shopping channel and carried on as normal.

As welcome as he is I still find it all very odd, it's almost as if he has his own separate presentation rule book. The word 'gram' is virtually unheard of at Sit Up when it comes to gold, except when he is presenting.

Very strange, but long may it continue.

it is a bit strange i guess

however i often see posters referring to the good old days of bid

watch any old clip from ten years ago and

mike is even worse in his language and gestures (if he did some of them today he really would not be on air)

peter simon is even worse in his product descriptions

and andy even when first starting is the same

and andy even when first starting is the same

I suppose when he started it was just a case of towing the line until he got a foot in the door, once he established himself he could use his own method of selling, A means to an end as they say.

I suppose when he started it was just a case of towing the line until he got a foot in the door, once he established himself he could use his own method of selling, A means to an end as they say.

sorry i did not post that very well

i meant he was the same in that he did it properly even way back then

He always gives me the impression that he is capable of doing something better. Most of the sales people look and behave as if they have sunk down to the lowest rung of the ladder and its a choice of either this or the cruise ships. Adam Heppinstall (? spelt it right) is another one who acts as if he doesn't need to take his trousers off to count to 21. Compare Mike M. and Steve McDonald to these two, and I think it proves my point

He always gives me the impression that he is capable of doing something better. Most of the sales people look and behave as if they have sunk down to the lowest rung of the ladder and its a choice of either this or the cruise ships. Adam Heppinstall (? spelt it right) is another one who acts as if he doesn't need to take his trousers off to count to 21. Compare Mike M. and Steve McDonald to these two, and I think it proves my point

Maybe Andy is a really wealthy man and just works on Bid as a hobby!

He certainly dosen't appear to be under any pressure whatsoever. Contrast that with The Dirty Peter who appears more and more desperate with every shift, at one point I thought he was going to have a breakdown the other day.

Maybe Andy is a really wealthy man and just works on Bid as a hobby!

He certainly dosen't appear to be under any pressure whatsoever. Contrast that with The Dirty Peter who appears more and more desperate with every shift, at one point I thought he was going to have a breakdown the other day.

thing is even in the early days he was like that just him

a natural on the tv

Latest posts

Back