possibilities

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fred12

Registered Shopper
SEEN on sale in that big department store Home Bargains for 89p. Does St. Peter of SImon perhaps live with some imaginary friends? Our Bet and co.

Saw those 'high end' umbrellas made by Elle, that they always flog in pairs, for sale in Homebase today, stocked high in their 'impulse buy' section near the checkout. They were there with cheap microfibre cloths, lint rollers and mini dustpan and brush sets. Yep, real high end stuff that!

They sell various bottles of it in New Look too, £1 a throw.

Rarely have I seen such a ripoff brand as this one, the first picture is Philosphy Vanilla Shower Gel (£24) and the second is Possibility Vanilla Shower Gel (£1).

Philosophy.jpg Possibility.jpg

Last edited:
Home Bargains stores can mainly be found in the North of England (I think) along with Quality Save which are owned by the same company and appear to be more or less identical (goodness knows why they use different names - a takeover perhaps?); they have lots of branded products which are sometimes cheaper than in pound shops. There's also B&M Bargains which is just like what Woolworths was minus the CD's, which makes me think how Woolworths could have got things so badly wrong to go bust because B&M always seem to have plenty of customers. Other similar shops are no doubt available.

Please, everyone, if you have one of those shops near you then TRY THERE FIRST before contemplating buying something from the Sit-up channels. Just saying :wink:

Home Bargains stores can mainly be found in the North of England (I think) along with Quality Save which are owned by the same company and appear to be more or less identical (goodness knows why they use different names - a takeover perhaps?); they have lots of branded products which are sometimes cheaper than in pound shops. There's also B&M Bargains which is just like what Woolworths was minus the CD's, which makes me think how Woolworths could have got things so badly wrong to go bust because B&M always seem to have plenty of customers. Other similar shops are no doubt available.

Please, everyone, if you have one of those shops near you then TRY THERE FIRST before contemplating buying something from the Sit-up channels. Just saying :wink:
We have a B&M here, selling most of the situp stock for less than their postage costs. Solar lights, all gardening stuff a fraction of situps prices. 'Savers' cut price stores, around Christmas time, sell Baylis & Harding for under a fiver. Our local weekly market sells crap advertised on the box as 'seen on TV' usually things like those blankets with arms for under £10 and some a fiver. and of course, all the gadgets like wash balls and revolving dusters for almost nothing. We saw some rush lights situps were knocking out for around £20 for 2 for £15 and some leather bags as seen on situps for £12.

l went into a Home Bargains store once....very depressing place! Makes of you think of one of those fly-on-the-wall documentaries that BBC3 show about areas that have become a bit less, savoury, shall we say.

The first time I went in a Home Bargains store was when I was in Yorkshire. I'd never heard of the store until then. I go up North most weekends and we still invariably pop into HB and the B&M store for a browse. I live in Northants and we now have two HB stores near me ......... one is about a mile from where I live. I saw the Possibilities items when I nipped in yesterday, but they only had two 'varieties.'

I've bought some good 'branded' items in there for the fraction of the cost from other stores. I just wonder when they'll start selling Christian Lars watches ad tanzanite? :wink:

Latest posts

Back