Megadrops are back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£1 MEGADROP1

Registered Shopper
Just seen on bid's facebook page that megadrops are back tonight, Do we think they will be back to the good things or the tat they have been doing for £1 anyway?

Just seen on bid's facebook page that megadrops are back tonight, Do we think they will be back to the good things or the tat they have been doing for £1 anyway?

They have sold a stand mixer (pretty crap but sells for nearly £100) but also a Sony camera today, both for £1.

But they cleaned up on the calls, over 200 phoned in for obviously tiny quantities. Megadrops are too much of a lottery for me personally but great if you get a good deal.

not bad so far then, I can't see them on the website but can see they have also sold some cheap jewellery, umbrellas, electric duster etc for £1 but they probably would have gone to £1 anyway

Last edited:
There was an AAA Tanzanite ring that was a megadrop when James Russell was presenting on Bid TV earlier this evening. The phone lines were 'locked' at the very beginning, the megadrop was announced but the on-screen display still said "Phones Locked" for another 2 or so seconds, hence some people may have very quickly dialled the number and might not have got through due to the lines still being locked at that point. I know that phoning for a megadrop is a lottery at the best of times but surely there's a scam going on here of some description?

Ive just broke my bid virginity.

The 50 foot hose was on a megadrop for 49p (works out exactly a tenner iirc).

Called the number off my mobile iphone 3 times only to get a "number unavilable"
Message on screen and beeping tone. (The lines were open at thos point).

Then called off my landline. Got through to bid. Pressed one. Then nothing else. Havent had a call back yet (this was 15mins ago). I wont be charged 3 x £1.53 on my mobile bill will i???

Needless to say this ended in tears as they didnt call me back until after one am to take my payment. I was fast asleep and didnt know what planet i was on so inadvertently hung up on them. Where do I stand now.

Fancy waiting until after 1am
To ring when i ordered it at 11.20 ffs!??!!

Needless to say this ended in tears as they didnt call me back until after one am to take my payment. I was fast asleep and didnt know what planet i was on so inadvertently hung up on them. Where do I stand now.

Fancy waiting until after 1am
To ring when i ordered it at 11.20 ffs!??!!

I guess you would have to check your bill to see if you have been charged, hopefully you haven't but sadly I wouldn't be surprised if you have. Do let us know what happens.

I thought the hose was a good buy, it was only when I read a thread on here pointing out you have to unravel all 15 metres of the hose even to use a couple of feet of it that the appeal diminished. Then again I am a dope!

Last edited:
Thats no problem for me as I purchased for a specific reason (ie I need to use it on something that is quite far away).

Fancy ringing back at 1am to take the payment though (nearly 2 hours after my purchase)... Jee whizz. I appreciate it wouldnt be 1am in new dheli but nevertheless I didnt make the payment anyway.

Have I missed my chance to pay for this item or will they ring me again today (as i have been advised by their customer services team just now... Supposedly)

Thats no problem for me as I purchased for a specific reason (ie I need to use it on something that is quite far away).

Fancy ringing back at 1am to take the payment though (nearly 2 hours after my purchase)... Jee whizz. I appreciate it wouldnt be 1am in new dheli but nevertheless I didnt make the payment anyway.

Have I missed my chance to pay for this item or will they ring me again today (as i have been advised by their customer services team just now... Supposedly)

I have no idea if you have missed out i'm afraid. Their initial telephone ordering process is deeply flawed due to you having to wait to be called back (I have read of people being called at 3am) which is why it's better to register with them and then order online (that's if the product in question is available to order that way). You also save yourself the ripoff call charges.

I hope you get it sorted out, do keep us informed.

Latest posts

Back