Beware Craft Warning!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flying Pigs

Registered Shopper
Just read Graham's thread on Craft Telly and two notorious crafters are coming to bid on Tuesday March 12 th between 12 and 2. If I say they will fit in nicely with the likes of your favourites you will understand what I mean.

Just read Graham's thread on Craft Telly and two notorious crafters are coming to bid on Tuesday March 12 th between 12 and 2. If I say they will fit in nicely with the likes of your favourites you will understand what I mean.

I have seen the trailers, it's the utterly dreadful (and allegedly equally dubious characters) Alan and Barry, they will indeed fit in nicely on Bid. As suspected Bid is morphing into a far more downmarket Ideal World. Incidentally their products and programme name are called Crafti Creations which seems such an apt name.

Yet another in a long line of crafty creations such as T&K, Christin Lars, Gianni Ricci etc etc etc.

Last edited:
Another step downhill for Bid imo, first there's the gardening, it used to be the occassional garden ornament, and solar lights, but now it's bulbs, plants, compost and whatever scrappy little bits they can use to pad out an hour of two, as the level of decent products they have to sell is continuing to plummet, and crafting products are even worse. Loads of people without gardens would quite rightly get bored of so many gardening shows, but could possibly find something they could buy as a present, but Crafting, too much of a niche product, great if you're into that sort of thing, but I can see people switching off in their droves as we're bombarded with packets of overpriced sequins, and other boring tat. I switched off Ideal World for this reason, it would be a shame if bid became unwatchable...I've said this before, but it might save me some money!

Yeah Bid's standard of product is definitely at an all-time low! I've bought some nice items over the years, and even up to a short while ago there were still things popping up that l would have bought had it not been for the excessive p&p. Nowadays, however, l wouldn't be interested in the tat they sell if it was for nothing and the presenter walked it to my house for free!

I have visions of 10 sheets of coloured cardboard selling for £9.99 + £7.99 p&p + phone call. Peter Simon will call them "Delicious" for some unfathomable reason (unless it's edible rice paper perhaps? Craft you can actually consume?), and James Russell will make some funny noises whilst feigning surprise.

Very true! The products will not be worth buying with that p&p. Crafters ( I hope) are too canny to buy at ridiculous prices when there are lots of internet craft sites and C&C to order from.

I have visions of 10 sheets of coloured cardboard selling for £9.99 + £7.99 p&p + phone call. Peter Simon will call them "Delicious" for some unfathomable reason (unless it's edible rice paper perhaps? Craft you can actually consume?), and James Russell will make some funny noises whilst feigning surprise.

Hahaha, this made me laugh! So true PP, so true! :mysmilie_507::mysmilie_471:

Maybe Mason will claim how useful they are doubling as a Bass Reflex Test Sheet - "great bit of kit" :tongue:

They dealt with the p&p by having none for today's show. Still wouldn't buy from them.

I never thought this possible FP but they were even more revolting than Dirty Peter.

Are they an item? I know Posh and Becks used to dress similar but those two are like clones.

I've just realised I've recorded their craft show. I'm thinking I should put it on YouTube so we can see all those lovely moments again.

I've just realised I've recorded their craft show. I'm thinking I should put it on YouTube so we can see all those lovely moments again.

Does the world deserve that? :grin: Actually it could be quite funny. I'd imagine presenting live, largely unscripted TV for 2 hours is a difficult task.

They proved that conclusively.

Does the world deserve that? :grin: Actually it could be quite funny. I'd imagine presenting live, largely unscripted TV for 2 hours is a difficult task.

They proved that conclusively

Isn't that why Ideal World got rid of them?

I mean, they employ the likes of Howard Griffiths but still didn't want these two.

I thought they'd gone out of business? I remember reading online crafters' reviews of their business and they were less than complimentary.

Isn't that why Ideal World got rid of them?

I mean, they employ the likes of Howard Griffiths but still didn't want these two.

I thought they'd gone out of business? I remember reading online crafters' reviews of their business and they were less than complimentary.

It appears they did encounter some 'business difficulties', ahem :wink:

Barry the Crafty Crafter really is rather unpleasant. He was urging buyers to call because he claimed a particular product wasn't coming back and he said 'don''t email me, don't call me, I don't want to know'.

Charming.

I've not seen them yet, but by the sound of it they have at least found their correct level in bid.

I've not seen them yet, but by the sound of it they have at least found their correct level in bid.

Alan seems kind of OK but Barry dosen't come across well at all, in my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
Appearances can be deceptive Wirral. Unfortunately for them during their retirement craft television has improved tremendously and their skills are not up to it. Perhaps they should watch some of the guests on C&C to see how it is done.

Latest posts

Back