Deal of the day curry over the top

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam82

Registered Shopper
:taphead: All I see on bid is non stop eating and they need to start WORKING, this channel is becoming very LAZY.
About time the kitchen part was axed they are greedy, and especially when the curry family
Come on they the presenters get over the top.Get to WORK, and stop eating fatty's.Curry is very very fattening no wonder so many of them are obese.

Jeez... turn over - you have no interest in buying anything.

totally agree
we all enjoy a good discussion with some tongue in cheek comments and a healthy dose of cynicism but calling people obese is unnecessary and insulting
neither is it a constructive comment
there is always the option of turning over or off

The only comment I have to make about this curry "deal" is, they're selling it at the price they usually sell it for, so where's the deal?

The only comment I have to make about this curry "deal" is, they're selling it at the price they usually sell it for, so where's the deal?

I am guessing they called it a deal because you also got 2 jars of Chutney for £17.98 with delivery . However, they were selling 12 jars (with no Chutney) for £25 delivered a few weeks ago which seemed a far better deal to me. They are well worth the money, delicious and not greasy and oily like many other brands.

Don't worry, I haven't gone mad. I consider Panjaban a rose among the thorns, hopefully the company will get some publicity and then with any luck they will tell Sit Up to get lost.

It's worth remembering that QVC regularly sell food, especially around christmas time. We bought a meat hamper from them a few years ago, just the other day they were selling pies (very expensive pies mind, but they did look delicious).

I wanted to watch the Panjaban show in Dirty Peter's show yesterday but I couldn't stomach the inevitable sights, I watched Come Dine With Me instead!.

Last edited:
As a curry lover (and not at all fat, incidentally], Panjaban is the only thing I've ever seen on Bid TV which actually interests me! Thought it'd be something we'd like to try and keep in the cupboard for a quick curry fix. We're passing a stockist in April so I'm going to grab a few!

:taphead: All I see on bid is non stop eating and they need to start WORKING, this channel is becoming very LAZY.
About time the kitchen part was axed they are greedy, and especially when the curry family
Come on they the presenters get over the top.Get to WORK, and stop eating fatty's.Curry is very very fattening no wonder so many of them are obese.

They're selling food items. How else are they going to demonstrate them on air?

Although I usually make my own curry sauce from scratch, my guilty secret is that I always keep a jar/tin of curry sauce in the cupboard for a quick fix day. have to admit I'm slightly 'portly:blush: It must be 40 years since I got into a size 12!

Although I usually make my own curry sauce from scratch, my guilty secret is that I always keep a jar/tin of curry sauce in the cupboard for a quick fix day. have to admit I'm slightly 'portly:blush: It must be 40 years since I got into a size 12!

They're really good Hillary, similar to you we like to have some jars for a quick curry and these are easily the best we have tried.

If you happen to like heavy, oily sauces these won't be for you (my brother likes them like that) but these are great for us as they don't leave an oil slick on the plate like some other brands but are still full of flavour.

I just hope they move on from Sit Up but check the Panjaban website as you might have some local stockists in your area, sadly we don't.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused, they're called curry "bases", so are they like a curry paste sort of thing, or are they more like a sauce that you pour over other ingredients and you use the whole jar? Normally, the what I'd call a curry base would come in a small jar, and they last for quite a few curries.

I'm a bit confused, they're called curry "bases", so are they like a curry paste sort of thing, or are they more like a sauce that you pour over other ingredients and you use the whole jar? Normally, the what I'd call a curry base would come in a small jar, and they last for quite a few curries.

I'd personally call them a sauce and you use all of it (and some water) to whatever ingredients you are cooking.

They're nothing like a Thai Curry Paste (you know the ones, as you say in a small jar and it's a very dense, almost solid mix of spices and oil).

as i have said before these are excellent

even though i have a local stockist they have not had any in for a while (the owner tells me they are actually in talks with the supermarkets not made up bid bullshit this time)

i ordered from the pick of the day the other day online as the extra chutneys made it a very similar price to my local anyway

arrived yesterday very quick delivery to be fair to bid

as i have said before these are excellent

even though i have a local stockist they have not had any in for a while (the owner tells me they are actually in talks with the supermarkets not made up bid bullshit this time)

i ordered from the pick of the day the other day online as the extra chutneys made it a very similar price to my local anyway

arrived yesterday very quick delivery to be fair to bid

Thats good to know you recommend them :nod:

Latest posts

Back