Good iPhone apps

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
Hello, I've recently upgraded from an ancient Nokia that didn't even have a camera & had lost half its buttons to the latest iPhone 5. If you're going to do these things, do them right I say! Think I've just about got the hang of it, a couple of friends have explained various bits to me & recommended some apps, just wondered if anyone on here has any faves to suggest? I've downloaded the obvious shortcuts - Ebay, Paypal, Natwest, Topcashback, QVC! Got Paperless which I love (am a list-maker), also Emoji for emoticons (not to be confused with Emjoi hair removal system!), Whatsapp which is brill for photos. Also got Good Food & BeFoodSmart which has some great recipes. What are the other good ones I'm missing out on?!

MTIA :handshake:

Can you give us a clue as to what you might be interested in. I could suggest loads - fitness apps, walking apps, travel, games etc. but if you are not into these things then they would not be good for you?

Good point rosey! Erm, am into cooking, shopping, fine jewellery (though sadly doubt there's a cheap diamonds app!), kids stuff, history, politics. Not into fitness (get enough exercise running after kids ATM) & not a fiction reader. Does that help?

Thanks for responding x

I'd be careful about doing your banking and PayPal on a mobile device especially if you are auto signing in. What would happen if you lost it or it was stolen? You should load an antivirus on it. I use Lookout which checks new software and also allows you to register your phone so if you lose it you can log in to Lookout on a computer and use satellite navigation to see its whereabouts. Even if the phone is switched off you can 'wake it up' so that it rings. Useful when it is lost in the house and switched off.

Hello, I've recently upgraded from an ancient Nokia that didn't even have a camera & had lost half its buttons to the latest iPhone 5. If you're going to do these things, do them right I say! Think I've just about got the hang of it, a couple of friends have explained various bits to me & recommended some apps, just wondered if anyone on here has any faves to suggest? I've downloaded the obvious shortcuts - Ebay, Paypal, Natwest, Topcashback, QVC! Got Paperless which I love (am a list-maker), also Emoji for emoticons (not to be confused with Emjoi hair removal system!), Whatsapp which is brill for photos. Also got Good Food & BeFoodSmart which has some great recipes. What are the other good ones I'm missing out on?!

MTIA :handshake:

ooh, how did you get the shortcuts on your phone? Was it via the app store? I'm hopeless at these things. I tend to bookmark pages but would love some shortcuts on my home page or whatever it is called. Thanks.

ps, I've got ebay but would love the bank and QVC shortcut.

There is a find your i-Phone app you can download. All the i- player ones for the various radio and tv stations. TV catch up which you can watch live. The Aldi app gives you information about forthcoming deals.M & S. Amazon. National Trust. RAC and AA. Flixster for looking at which films are on in your local cinema, TED, Kindle, Google translate... That 's just a few I use.

Tv catchup, If u have SKY they have a few including remote record , IM+ is a gd messenger app, also a gd app is WEQ4U its an app that was on dragons den , when u have an 08 number to ring u can enter it on the app and they try and fine u a more local number .

I'd be careful about doing your banking and PayPal on a mobile device especially if you are auto signing in. What would happen if you lost it or it was stolen? You should load an antivirus on it. I use Lookout which checks new software and also allows you to register your phone so if you lose it you can log in to Lookout on a computer and use satellite navigation to see its whereabouts. Even if the phone is switched off you can 'wake it up' so that it rings. Useful when it is lost in the house and switched off.

Hi ILS, where do you get Lookout from?

I love the Sky+ app - as if I am out and havent put a programme on to record I can just do it automatically from anywhere. I am also sad that if I am in bed and see a film starting but don't want to stay awake till the end to watch I set it via my phone to record downstairs so I can watch it the next day.

I also like Wikihood which tells you what historic places etc you are near to and some information about it. It is great if you see a lovely old building and don't know what it is, it will identify it for you.

'Pimp your screen' is great for making your iPhone pretty and different as you can choose from hundreds of wallpapers and screen savers.

Not that I have an iphone but have a look at Evernote. That allows you to take notes, photos etc into a notebook and the bonus being is that you can sync across devices including the Chrome browser. You can download an extension for that and add to your notebook(s) whilst on a main pc and can even email a note/link/photo directly into one of your notebooks.

Latest posts

Back