Irish Dreams anyone ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cathtv

Registered Shopper
The bedding that is !

Just wanted to know if anyone has had any Irish Dreams items in the past ?

I need to get a duvet for my daughters bed, but I dont want to spend £75+ for Northern Nights on QVC. Just wondered if this would be a good alternative ?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi cathtv, I bought this duvet last year and absolutely love it. The feathers drape around the body as they say and keep you really warm and cosy. I think the Northern Nights duvets are pure down which is very lightweight and much more expensive than the feather and down mix which I must say is heavier . A matter of personal and economic choice I suppose. Hope this helps

I'd say buy it, don't even hesistate! I recently bought a feather and down double duvet from price drop...it's also 13.5 tog, and is 85% duck feather and 15% duck down. I paid £12.49 for the quilt plus the £7.99 P&P costing a grand total of £20.40. The quilt is absolutely wonderful...but this one's Goose feather and down and the price for a kingsize would be £100+ in a lot of places!!!!! If I'd known this was going to come on air, I'd have held back on buying my pdtv one, as I'd love to try Goose down but never could afford such luxury..Like I say my duck feather and down quilt's excellent....this is going to be something else....I'd run to those phones if I were you!!!!!

ive just ordered the kingsize!!! great value, the last feather and down duvet i bought was £90 and that was only double!!!!! i thought it was great how you could upgrade to the kingsize and super kingsize for the same price, so much fairer!!! looking forward to getting mine!:1:

ive just ordered the kingsize!!! great value, the last feather and down duvet i bought was £90 and that was only double!!!!! i thought it was great how you could upgrade to the kingsize and super kingsize for the same price, so much fairer!!! looking forward to getting mine!:1:

...and it's Goose as well!

I ordered the king and the single size, still waiting for them to arrive!

How Long ????

I did order an Irish Dreams duvet on 4th October, my account now says estimated delivery date 1st November ??
Ideal World's website says delivery is 10 working days NOT 4 weeks :eek:
Obviously Customer service is not top of their list :20:

I bought one last year when it was a POD and it is fantastic, i love it, so lightweight, no stickyouty feathers :1: and super warm (especially this morning when it was freezing and there was no heating on).

Thanks Beauty Sleuth, must be worth the wait, but might be nice to let the customer know :33:

Last edited:
I ordered the king and the single size, still waiting for them to arrive!

still waiting my account says

Irish Dreams - Goose Feather & Down Duvet 13.5 Tog 1 £24.99
Order In Progress 25/10/2008 Parcelnet

Irish Dreams - Goose Feather & Down Duvet 13.5 Tog 1 £24.99
Invoiced 01/11/2008

grhhhhhhhhh! why can't they tell us if there's going to be a delay, am tempted to send them both back!

my duvet hasnt arrived yet but the Comfort and dreams double memory foam mattress topper I bought for my daughter has. It is a good depth and very similar to my topper I bought from IW that cost me over £100. This one cost £49.99.

Very pleased with it, hope my daughter will be.

Well, you have to treat your kids, don't you.

Now, just hope the duvet will be as god value.:clap:

Hi, l too ordered king size duvet and money was taken on 3.10.08, first expected delivery date was 16.10.08, then it changed to 27.10.08, rang to complain and was told by uk CS woman that money was not taken but pending, l assured her it was taken and why could they not tell customers that there was a delay, l was told the item was too popular!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then asked to speak to a manager as the girl was bluffing every answer, after hanging on for 20 minutes a manager kindly condescended to talk to me and said the money was taken so l asked her to train the CS woman l spoke to and asked why there was a delay and she said it was the Suppliers delay and nothing to do with IW, totally fed up of there lack of CS care after they have taken the money.
I wait and wait and vow not to order from IW again.

the single has arrived and I certainly wasn't impressed so returned it but it cost around £6.50 so I will just have to hang onto the kingsize if it ever arrives. I could feel the feathers through it!
Certainly wont try them again.

Hi, l am still waiting for the king size duvet, the website now states expected delivery date on 14.11.08, not satisfactory when ordered on 03.10.08 with first delivery date 16.10.08, then changed to 27.10.08 and now changed to 14.11.08 and no word of apology for the delay or even notification. This really is not good enough.
:17:

I received the single size duvet no problem, but the king size said delivery would be 27/10 so when I hadn't received it by the 28/10 I sent IW an email asking if it had been sent. Didn't get a response but today I received a king size duvet with a letter from IW saying "We apologise, but the above item is no longer in stock and cannot be replenished in the near future. Rather than disappoint we are sending you an equivalent product "Irish Dreams - Goose Feather & Down Duvet 13.5 Tog" item number 141665, which is identical in design and materials. We hope that you will be as delighted with this as with your original order ...." I did a search on IW website for that item number but nothing came up. I haven't unpacked the one I received today but will do so tomorrow to check it out.

poza, I ordered a comfort and dreams double 13.5 tog duvet. My order arrived yesterday with the same letter as yours - for a substitute with an Irish Dreams 13.5 tog.

When I checked the duvet, it is a slumberdown double 10.5 tog, so not very pleased.

It does say on the letter to return it if not happy but there will obviously be postage to consider. I contacted customer services who advised me to return it by recorded delivery and send the receipt for refund.

I have to admit, this is the first time that I have had an order from IW that is not what paid for.

If the duvet was 13.5 I may have kept it but then again, it feels spiky with the feathers, so perhaps not. Plus, the duvet is very thin.

It will probably cost about £9 to return it.:1097:

Thanks for letting me know. I haven't opened it yet - I'll open it up tomorrow but I'll definately be checking it very carefully and I'll be extremely pee'd off if the letter is basically a blatant lie and they've given me a 10.5 tog! :mad: Why am I surprised though - this is IW!!!

Latest posts

Back