Buying Blind

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
My sister in law, bought some perfume without testing it. She was in a large department store so had no excuse. She bought it because she' liked the shape of the bottle' (Penny is a retired physiotherapist so we have to believe that she has 2 brain cells to make a synapse, but its blinking difficult) Its called, I think, Kelzo (sp?) is a tall slim bottle with a picture of a poppy on it. She hated it at first sniff and is now using it as an air freshener. One man's meat is anothers poison and no doubt Kelzo is very popular but to be honest, it does smell awful. Hardly any floral notes and smells like disinfectant, but I ask you, buying without trying it first! She would be Bid's dream customer.

Yes, I was attracted by that very bottle, but thankfully gave it a whiff beforehand, I put it straight back on the shelf - You're right, it's absolutely vile! but at least bid would've have given her money back -Okay after the postage costs both ways whether it would be worth it is another matter, but she'd have got something back at least!

I have actually bought perfumes from bid before, and I've been quite lucky. I bought one 'cause the presenter said it smelled exactly like some perfume my mate used to like, can't remember the name of it now, so I ordered it to give her as a present, she was thrilled with it...It was a bargain and came with another perfume (Maria Sharopova) I didn't even bother opening it as I didn't particularly wan't to tell people I was wearing "Maria Sharapova", it might have been rank anyway, I put it in a charity shop - If it was nice, oh well!

Some of the perfumes have been great, but I most certainly wouldn't spend a lot on an unknown one. The Laurelle chocolate/sweetie ones are brilliant, if you like that sort of thing ( I do) and the scent lasts for hours. The Liz taylor "Diamonds and" collection is fab, apart from "Rubies" which I think might be the nastiest perfume I've ever smelled....beats Kelzo into a cocked hat lol!

ah yes, Kenzo Flowers, a colleague of mine used to wear it and smelled like a cleaner had just 'done' the public toilets at a service station (sorry to those of you who love it :mysmilie_477:)

I'd forgotten about Maria Sharapova! I bought it ages ago, it came with another fragrance (Roxy I think) they were only a couple of pounds and I have to say they weren't bad; just light, inoffensive daytime fragrances; no staying power but that's only to be expected.

Oh dear, am I really bad?? I also have to confess to buying some body essentials this weekend with 1p P&P
How can I repent??!!

you must enter Peter Simon's gunk tank. If you value your hair.... entering with a Kinkade picture will ensure Peter doesn't throw the lever :grin::whew:

oh dear Paul, such a harsh penance, I don't know if I could cope with the gunk tank but it's not about me, how could you even suggest sullying a Thomas Kincaid with gunge, this is the painter of light for goodness sake, not only are they beautiful, not only collectable, not only commanding premium prices............yeah whatever!
but really, gunging a Kincaid...............Paul you are not forgiven for this, I think it's you who should repent
oooh I feel so much better now, I think I'm absolved!

Latest posts

Back