Overekill

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

grumpybloke

Registered Shopper
First it was Tanzanite all the time , with the never ending story of how stocks are nearing extinction, except for Bid Shopping with it's never ending supply of the stuff , now it's gardening items which are always on at the moment . Every time I switch on they seem to have some plants or some ghastly looking garden ornaments on . And they say variety is the spice of life , not on Bid by the look of it .

First it was Tanzanite all the time , with the never ending story of how stocks are nearing extinction, except for Bid Shopping with it's never ending supply of the stuff , now it's gardening items which are always on at the moment . Every time I switch on they seem to have some plants or some ghastly looking garden ornaments on . And they say variety is the spice of life , not on Bid by the look of it .

You think this is bad, then DON'T go to Ideal World.

They seem to have 10 products they show on rotation :taphead:

Ideal world same old rubbish day in day out, for example karcher and vibrapower.Bid etc doing the same stuff to.

I agree, I started a similar thread recently. Yes, for me too, every time I switch on it's some kind of gardening item. I watch a lot more Price Drop these days as they (still) seem to have a variety. On bid, just wait until it get's flooded with Craft items, I know it's only just started, but it's the top of the slippery slope. Mind you, I have noticed that the quality of merchandise has hit an all time low. Perhaps they realise that, and have to go down the craft/gardening route in order to stay afloat. Possibly the stuff's good quality, but it's just so boring to watch if you have no interest in gardening or crafting!

As boring as I find them they seem to be shifting truck loads of the gardening products though. Maybe that explains why Angela is given so much free reign compared to any other guests. I think the gardening is here to stay.

It also crossed my mind that even Peter Simon would find it hard to mis-sell a sack of compost or 60 plant bulbs so it will cut down on their ASA complaints.

Last edited:
As boring as I find them they seem to be shifting truck loads of the gardening products though. Maybe that explains why Angela is given so much free reign compared to any other guests. I think the gardening is here to stay.

It also crossed my mind that even Peter Simon would find it hard to mis-sell a sack of compost or 60 plant bulbs so it will cut down on their ASA complaints.

You don't think Peter Simon could mis-sell garden products?
You're kidding!
The other day he was selling roses from a nursery called Harkness which he kept calling 'Royal Harkness'.
I checked and of course Harkness does not have a Royal Warrant.

You don't think Peter Simon could mis-sell garden products?
You're kidding!
The other day he was selling roses from a nursery called Harkness which he kept calling 'Royal Harkness'.
I checked and of course Harkness does not have a Royal Warrant.

Did he actually say they had a Royal Warrant though? I don't think you need a Warrant to be called Royal (even though as you say they weren't even called 'Royal', sounds like yet another Simonism).

I worked for Royal Insurance (then Royal SunAlliance) for over a decade and they definitely didn't have a Royal Warrant.

I just think it's hard to mis-sell some gardening products because they aren't a 'plug in and play' item, if you don't follow the instructions you may not get the expected results. But I concede that if anyone could mis-sell a plant bulb it would no doubt be Peter!

Last edited:
You think this is bad, then DON'T go to Ideal World.

They seem to have 10 products they show on rotation :taphead:

That channel has seriously gone down hill. There is no variety there anymore.

As to the gardening, Spring is nearly here so it is natural the channels are selling more of the stuff. If it is any consolation all the poundshops and Poundstretcher are selling the same crap.

I have no doubt St peter can mis-sell garden stuff! Every bulb will ofcourse be "the larger of the bulbs" and the compost will be 'delicious' that we are getting for "a better price than we could get it" and without doubt they will be "losing a fortune"

I have no doubt St peter can mis-sell garden stuff! Every bulb will ofcourse be "the larger of the bulbs" and the compost will be 'delicious' that we are getting for "a better price than we could get it" and without doubt they will be "losing a fortune"

He was name dropping Peter Kay yesterday, he claimed he was 'filming with him'.

Maybe he was hid in a bush using a Vivitar?

however bad it is compared to ideal world (jesus dont ever bother) it still has a lot of variety

He was name dropping Peter Kay yesterday, he claimed he was 'filming with him'.

Maybe he was hid in a bush using a Vivitar?
Ha ha! :giggle:

Didn't see this happen but apparently he did appear on Comic Relief night alongside others (I think) pushing a sofa. Or something.

Ha ha! :giggle:

Didn't see this happen but apparently he did appear on Comic Relief night alongside others (I think) pushing a sofa. Or something.

I see PP. It makes sense it was for Comic Relief, somehow I couldn't see anyone other that Sit Up actually paying to employ him.

Those dreadful two crafty crafters are on now, I find them more than a bit creepy. Call me old fashioned but surely men of a certain age just look wrong when they wear big badges of cute puppy dogs and fluffy kittens on their ties.

Vile.

Last edited:
Did he actually say they had a Royal Warrant though? I don't think you need a Warrant to be called Royal (even though as you say they weren't even called 'Royal', sounds like yet another Simonism).

I worked for Royal Insurance (then Royal SunAlliance) for over a decade and they definitely didn't have a Royal Warrant.

I just think it's hard to mis-sell some gardening products because they aren't a 'plug in and play' item, if you don't follow the instructions you may not get the expected results. But I concede that if anyone could mis-sell a plant bulb it would no doubt be Peter!

That's the point-they weren't called royal and they didn't claim to be royal in any way.
It was Dame Peter who stuck the royal bit on to con the public.

Latest posts

Back