I wish people would check Sit Up's websites before buying

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
Justin Hazell was just selling a Pendule watch, he was very excited that the timepiece was in a non-stop drop and proudly boasted that it was us who decide what the final price will be and we can pay 'as little as we like'.

It started off at a laughable £219.99, then it changed to ludicrous £209.99 but the actual non stop drop began at exorbitant £99.99 and all 18 were sold at a final price of £61.56 but the watch in question is openly on sale on the website for £59.99 with free P+P.

It would be easy to conclude that these non stop drops are, quite simply, a con.

http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/Men%2527s-Automatic-Movement-Skeleton-Dial-and-Stainless-Steel-Bracelet-Strap-Watch/WB135505/ProductDetail.raction

Bid counts on people not having the ability to check online in order to get sales.

If you have internet access, why would you call their £1.53 a time phone number and not use their website?

Even then I'd look to see if I could get the item cheaper elsewhere first

Bid counts on people not having the ability to check online in order to get sales.

If you have internet access, why would you call their £1.53 a time phone number and not use their website?

Even then I'd look to see if I could get the item cheaper elsewhere first

Do anyone else sell Pendule :grin:

Debenhams? :wonder:

They are in talks..........

Momma I have good news, just for you. Your beloved Tanzanite is back tonight from 8pm and it's a new line of products. And who better to bring it to you than the charming James Russell.

They are in talks..........

Momma I have good news, just for you. Your beloved Tanzanite is back tonight from 8pm and it's a new line of products. And who better to bring it to you than the charming James Russell.

Well thank goodness for that, I thought I'd missed the boat!

He's looking gorgeous again :tongue:

Well thank goodness for that, I thought I'd missed the boat!

He's looking gorgeous again :tongue:

He's such a bullshitter though.

Where on earth did they find Ayamik? Good grief it looks tacky.

He just said 'Be honest with me (a bit rich coming from him) pick your poshest Department Store, if you saw this in the window at £29.99 what would you first thought be?'

My first thought would be 'get to Specsavers' if I thought i'd seen that shite in the window of John Lewis.

It went for £8.99

Last edited:
He's such a bullshitter though.

Where on earth did they find Ayamik? Good grief it looks tacky.

He just said 'Be honest with me (a bit rich coming from him) pick your poshest Department Store, if you saw this in the window at £29.99 what would you first thought be?'

My first thought would be 'get to Specsavers' if I thought i'd seen that shite in the window of John Lewis.

It went for £8.99

I'd think...Who? :confused2:

There are some Pendule watches on sale on Amazon. The highest price is 69.49 God only knows where they get their start prices from. I see dirty Peter is currently getting all emotional over a "Tim" Kinkade I'm welling up as he speaks

There are some Pendule watches on sale on Amazon. The highest price is 69.49 God only knows where they get their start prices from. I see dirty Peter is currently getting all emotional over a "Tim" Kinkade I'm welling up as he speaks

That's the problem isn't it, the start prices.

There would be nothing wrong with a non stop drop if it started at a reasonable price. But if it finished at more than the website price then obviously there's something amiss and this wasn't a really quick drop either, it took a while for them to sell all 18 pieces.

Last edited:
I don't know if they still do it, but do you remember when the start price used to be where the previous sale finished? And the assistant used to get to pick which item was sold next? Dirty Peter and Sophie the female spiv were the worst. Her 'pick' was never a cheap and nasty thing followed by a gold ring. No by piker, it was always dearest first crap at the end. I wonder why

I don't know if they still do it, but do you remember when the start price used to be where the previous sale finished? And the assistant used to get to pick which item was sold next? Dirty Peter and Sophie the female spiv were the worst. Her 'pick' was never a cheap and nasty thing followed by a gold ring. No by piker, it was always dearest first crap at the end. I wonder why

The Avalanche, they were doing that yesterday. In fact that's what the watch in question was part of too (it was the first Avalanche item) but to Bod's total surprise (yeah right) it was also a non stop drop which made him very excited (he's a right shady git these days).

They start with a 'higher value' item and gradually the items become tatt personified.

They really are a horrible lot aren't they?

The Avalanche, they were doing that yesterday. In fact that's what the watch in question was part of too (it was the first Avalanche item) but to Bod's total surprise (yeah right) it was also a non stop drop which made him very excited (he's a right shady git these days).

They start with a 'higher value' item and gradually the items become tatt personified.

Yup. Crooks 'n' Spivs. That could be a name for one of their watch brands.

You're not wrong Wirral! Those avalanches get right on me proverbials!!! They're never without at least one item that's been "forgotten" so as it's their (the presenter's) mistake, they have to "let it go" for far less than it should have gone, at least now, they've got to be honest about the quantities.

Anyway, I'm through with this shoddy lot! I'll still watch, and might buy if it's an absolute bargain, but that ain't likely is it?

Just had to chase up a refund I should have received over a month ago, and whilst trying to place an order over £50, have noticed that despite the website still stating that p&p's free it's not taking off the money. I phoned and was told that that promotion has finished. Ok it's not on the homepage any more, but it still comes up on the basket stage, still they wouldn't have it. He asked me "do I still want to place the order"....I told them "no" and in no uncertain terms where they could stuff the "crafting offer" they so kindly told me was now available!

I'll still watch, cause quite frankly they need watching! Boy, am I gonna save myself some money. Thought £24.99 was a bargain price for a goose feather and down duvet, I guess even with the extra it's not bad, but I can't give these crooks any more of my money!

From memory, in an avalanche they include a branded item early on (but not the first item) in order to give what they're doing some form of credibility, then the extremely bad acting 'skillz' creep out of the woodwork as the assistant ooohs and ahhs over an extremely obvious choice (yes, you know what it's going to be!) as they attempt to flog a tiny gold tone Christmas cracker watch as the greatest thing ever. (This is not Hollyoaks in more ways than one!)

Good for a laugh but never ever buy anything from an avalanche. Or for that matter anything from these channels in general, judging from their recent behaviour, even if it superficially represents fair value; anything you do buy from them subsidises this charade regardless.

thought £24.99 was a bargain price for a goose feather and down duvet, I guess even with the extra it's not bad, but I can't give these crooks any more of my money!

I was tempted by that too, but when checking the websites about the actual product I was horrified by the cruelty that is used to obtain a lot of the down in places like Asia. Not all countries use the horrifically cruel method to obtain it as its banned in most places in the EU & states but there's still many many countries (inc most of Asia) where its still allowed. If I knew the down was obtained in a humane manner (in Europe or the states etc) and not just imported from somewhere like Asia then I would probably buy one but theres simply no way of finding out as Bid haven't responded to emails.
I won't post the vids about the methods used to obtain the down in places such as Asia as it will 100% upset many people. They are on youtube & other vid sites if anybody would like to see.. but trust me I wouldn't.

I was tempted by that too, but when checking the websites about the actual product I was horrified by the cruelty that is used to obtain a lot of the down in places like Asia. Not all countries use the horrifically cruel method to obtain it as its banned in most places in the EU & states but there's still many many countries (inc most of Asia) where its still allowed. If I knew the down was obtained in a humane manner (in Europe or the states etc) and not just imported from somewhere like Asia then I would probably buy one but theres simply no way of finding out as Bid haven't responded to emails.
I won't post the vids about the methods used to obtain the down in places such as Asia as it will 100% upset many people. They are on youtube & other vid sites if anybody would like to see.. but trust me I wouldn't.

Well, I didn't know that. I have actually got a sit up duck feather and down duvet on my bed, it's great, I've had it quite a while, but was tempted by the goose feather one as they're supposed to be far superior. I like the sit up duvets 'cause they cover them in proper fabric (ie cotton) instead of that funny teabag stuff that comes on most cheaper duvets. Anyway looking at the tag on my duvet it says origin China - So there we go, the poor creatures were probably tortured for my comfort. Now this has opened up another question for me? Would I be now right in thinking that own brands like Tommy and Kate, Dr Cringles etc could be made in let's say, unethical ways? Sorry to sound stupid, but I really hadn't thought of this before.

Well, I didn't know that. I have actually got a sit up duck feather and down duvet on my bed, it's great, I've had it quite a while, but was tempted by the goose feather one as they're supposed to be far superior. I like the sit up duvets 'cause they cover them in proper fabric (ie cotton) instead of that funny teabag stuff that comes on most cheaper duvets. Anyway looking at the tag on my duvet it says origin China - So there we go, the poor creatures were probably tortured for my comfort. Now this has opened up another question for me? Would I be now right in thinking that own brands like Tommy and Kate, Dr Cringles etc could be made in let's say, unethical ways? Sorry to sound stupid, but I really hadn't thought of this before.

oh my goodness, this has opened up so many questions
we've focussed on the ethical/unethical behaviour of presenters and selling techniques but this has made me realise I know very little (if anything) about the origins and ethics of some of the products
I realise I risk sounding incredibly stupid and naive by posting this but it's on my mind now

Latest posts

Back