This weeks ASA rulings against Sit Up -27 March 2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder who the hosts were.... no clue in your avatar is there Wirral:cheeky:?

Last edited:
I have no idea Hillary, I didn't make the complaints.

But well done to whoever did!

they read like they are congratulating bid not disciplining them

if people feel that strongly i would suggest trading standards the asa are like the fsa toothless

Bid must be pi**ing themselves at the lame "non penalties" given to them by the ASA, who they help financially support as do all tv ad channels! Skip the ASA, send complaints straight to Trading Standards is my advice. You can call them first, they log the complaint over the phone, simple.

Fair play to the decent people who are reporting these formally acknowledged deceitful presentations. I just think if anyone is considering reporting a Bid/Sit Up incident their time may be better spent having a chat with Trading Standards. TS can log on to the ASA complaints upheld log & see the history for themselves. They'll be reading for quite some time if they do!

Last edited:
Bid must be pi**ing themselves at the lame "non penalties" given to them by the ASA, who they help financially support as do all tv ad channels! Skip the ASA, send complaints straight to Trading Standards is my advice. You can call them first, they log the complaint over the phone, simple.

Fair play to the decent people who are reporting these formally acknowledged deceitful presentations. I just think if anyone is considering reporting a Bid/Sit Up incident their time may be better spent having a chat with Trading Standards. TS can log on to the ASA complaints upheld log & see the history for themselves. They'll be reading for quite some time if they do!

I think you may well be right Nikki. And I suspect as most people have no idea what the ASA has investigated the complaints go mostly unnoticed.

However, if a popular consumer programme like say BBC Watchdog took an interest......... :wink:

But to add some balance I am getting more and more alarmed by Ideal World too, while not remotely in the Sit Up league of potentially misleading they are getting quite imaginative with some of their pitches, and some of their P+P charges are getting silly as well.

Last edited:
I think you may well be right Nikki. And I suspect as most people have no idea what the ASA has investigated the complaints go mostly unnoticed.

However, if a popular consumer programme like say BBC Watchdog took an interest......... :wink:

But to add some balance I am getting more and more alarmed by Ideal World too, while not remotely in the Sit Up league of potentially misleading they are getting quite imaginative with some of their pitches, and some of their P+P charges are getting silly as well.

I think Watchdog is a brilliant idea. Where's Benny when you need him? It's a shame That's Life finished. They would have made mincemeat out of the likes of Bid/pricedrop/ideal world. Also, it would be worth investigating the 'big-boys' behind situps.
Anyone on here going to contact Watchdog? the exorbitant postage costs, the misinformation and general seediness is enough to do a whole program

I think Watchdog is a brilliant idea. Where's Benny when you need him? It's a shame That's Life finished. They would have made mincemeat out of the likes of Bid/pricedrop/ideal world. Also, it would be worth investigating the 'big-boys' behind situps.
Anyone on here going to contact Watchdog? the exorbitant postage costs, the misinformation and general seediness is enough to do a whole program

Maybe Watchdog are already aware of the complaints and are having a look Hillary.

Who knows? :happy:

If the presenters start paying heed to all the issues that need addressing, after complaints have been upheld, they won't have time to talk about the items they're selling.

That could be a bonus in a lot of cases. :wink:

If the presenters start paying heed to all the issues that need addressing, after complaints have been upheld, they won't have time to talk about the items they're selling.

That could be a bonus in a lot of cases. :wink:

Yes just have the piped music & shots of the said products lol! Nice idea but somehow I doubt that a couple could resist. I can think of at least 2 who are masters of twaddlism on Bid.

Latest posts

Back