Text Steve Mcdonald on 07795358126

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just texted him to ask if he will invite Christin Lars into the studio but he never read it out.

I just sent Steve a text asking whether Dr Cringles has been struck off? He didn't read the full message out on air, he just said Has Dr Cringles been off and then said no he hasn't.:grin: Next time he sells the phone I will ask him for a signed photo of Tommy and Kate!

I just sent Steve a text asking whether Dr Cringles has been struck off? He didn't read the full message out on air he just said Has Dr Cringles been off and then said no he hasn't.:grin:

Ha Ha, what a ludicrous lot they are.

They'll all be getting struck off with any luck!

Please text Steve your thoughts next time he's selling the phone!

I wouldn't waste a text message.

But I do occasionally like to ask questions of the presenters but prefer to go through an intermediary.

The ASA :grin:

Talking of Steve, he still likes to be economical with the truth from time to time as he was on two occasions tonight (forgotten the details but he was), as well as the producer getting in on the act with a misleading camera angle when attempting to show how 'bad' a standard rear view mirror is when compared to that clip-on "panoramic mirror" it was/is possible to buy from a pound shop.

Talking of Steve, he still likes to be economical with the truth from time to time as he was on two occasions tonight (forgotten the details but he was), as well as the producer getting in on the act with a misleading camera angle when attempting to show how 'bad' a standard rear view mirror is when compared to that clip-on "panoramic mirror" it was/is possible to buy from a pound shop.

Indeed, he is nothing more than a northern version of Modesty Mason.

Revolting.

I still have a panoramic rear view mirror I bought for 50p in the last century, I just move it every time I get a new (to me at least) car and it is as good as new. I also have 2 of those little rectangular ones you stick on the wing mirrors to give you a better view, they are a bit newer, but still didn't cost over a quid.

Indeed, he is nothing more than a northern version of Modesty Mason.

Revolting.

He can be a bs'er but he is nothing like Mason IMO, he is funny and not full of himself. You never hear him going about Tori or about £900 camcorders and £80 sky packages in the way Mason does, he is actually modest whereas Mason's just a wideboy with few redeeming features other than the fact he is watchable and gives us lots of material to take the pi**, ie bass reflex test sheet and "he knows great sound" etc.

He can be a bs'er but he is nothing like Mason IMO, he is funny and not full of himself. You never hear him going about Tori or about £900 camcorders and £80 sky packages in the way Mason does, he is actually modest whereas Mason's just a wideboy with few redeeming features other than the fact he is watchable and gives us lots of material to take the pi**, ie bass reflex test sheet and "he knows great sound" etc.

Have you heard the utter shite he comes out with when selling Aquaswiss? And he revolts me when selling that dongle that he has to warn us gives access to adult content, would that be a genuine warning or a very, very grubby sales tactic? I'd go for the latter. And have you heard the crap when he is selling 'Artwork'? He is an expert you know, much like Lisa Brash as they both worked in the business (funny his presenter profile makes no mention of it).

I agree he takes the mickey out of himself more than Mason but for me his selling tactics are just as grubby.

Last edited:
If you had a sliding scale of "Sympathy versus hard sell" selling tactics, going from 100% sympathy on one side to 100% hard sell on the other, then Peter Simon would sit on the sympathy side and Mikey Mason would be on the hard sell end. Steve Mcdonald would be somewhere in the middle of the two extremes but that doesn't make him better than either Peter or Mike; indeed, the average semi-clued-up person is more likely to believe someone like Steve compared to Peter or Mike who are both just a bit too obvious with their sales tactics, and they may be more likely to leave commonsense behind when faced with an impulse buying decision as a consequence.

He's tiled the kitchen in his new house! He's one of us :rolleyes:

Also he can't afford an Aquaswizz watch, although he'd love one, to make his collection up to 16. Maybe Mikeyboy could buy him one and give it to him for his birthday.

I do think he's funny but I wish he would stop rubbing his nose, maybe it itches with all the untruths.

Latest posts

Back