£20 credit on steam cleaner

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's what they said Greg. Mind you, Dirty Peter also said full T&C's are on the website but I cannot find any for a '£20 Credit' offer. None whatsoever, which is odd as they have always put the terms up for other offers.

Hmmmm.

http://www.bid.tv/PromotionsPage.aspx?Page=HELP-promotermsconditions

They have now finally added the terms and conditions for the '£20 credit' offer.

It's worth noting that they consist of 2 x £10 credits and cannot be used together. All the usual restrictions apply although you do get a full month to use them.

They have now finally added the terms and conditions for the '£20 credit' offer.

It's worth noting that they consist of 2 x £10 credits and cannot be used together. All the usual restrictions apply although you do get a full month to use them.

Without sounding like I'm slagging them off for the sake of it, you've got to hand it to them - Yes ok, they don't have to give us any credit, however, the way I see it, is that now the hapless recipient not once, but twice in the same month have to watch the screen, watch everything go down to a price wherein the voucher can't be used, or decide upon something they've conveniently decided to put on easy pay, and buy two, not one item that they possibly don't really want, pay over £3 on phone calls and £16 on postage!

Without sounding like I'm slagging them off for the sake of it, you've got to hand it to them - Yes ok, they don't have to give us any credit, however, the way I see it, is that now the hapless recipient not once, but twice in the same month have to watch the screen, watch everything go down to a price wherein the voucher can't be used, or decide upon something they've conveniently decided to put on easy pay, and buy two, not one item that they possibly don't really want, pay over £3 on phone calls and £16 on postage!

Indeed. and I remember well that when the credit last became available just before the clock appears they reduce the price of multiple items to £9.99 which will have already hooked in many people.

But punters need to take some responsibility here too. It's common sense that it's impossible to sell an item for £9.99 (like the steam gun) and give away '£20 credit' without there being a catch, and as we all know there will no doubt be a monumental catch if it's anything like last time.

I know I have said this before but (for example) I just bet Mike's little Vodafone will mysteriously be back on easybuy. And anything that usually sells for just over a tenner will go for £9.99

Last edited:
It sounds as if they are really struggling to make ends meet. It's a shame if they go under but purely their own greedy fault. If they had brought their p&p down to an acceptable level, sold less tat and had reputable salesmen/ladies they could easily have weathered the storm. As it is, each and every salesperson looks and acts as if they are more used to selling out of a suitcase.

They rely upon people not redeeming the vouchers. So yes, the steam gun is free in a way, but people will then buy 2 items they may not have normally have gone for or not use the vouchers. Plus loads more people would buy the steam gun who wouldn't without the vouchers.

They rely upon people not redeeming the vouchers. So yes, the steam gun is free in a way, but people will then buy 2 items they may not have normally have gone for or not use the vouchers. Plus loads more people would buy the steam gun who wouldn't without the vouchers.

Hi Benny. Where have you been lately? Happy Easter to you love.

I thought I was seeing things earlier but they actually broadcast a caption which detailed the most important points of terms and conditions for the £20 offer.

Mind you I had to rewind and pause, it was only on screen for about 3 seconds.

Good job I didnt see the offer. I am drawn to steam cleaners of all descriptions. I have had some really bad quality items through from Bid of late. A duvet cover that was so thin, like tissue paper. I will learn for next time, why they didnt specify fabric. It was all nylon, the yuckiest feeling thing. Iv ripped them up for dusters!

Latest posts

Back