If made redundant, where could they all work?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
Let's face it, presenting on a shopping channel, let alone one as cheesy as bid/price drop, is as far down the TV ladder as you could possibly get.

Let's face it, presenting on a shopping channel, let alone one as cheesy as bid/price drop, is as far down the TV ladder as you could possibly get.

Most of them have done quite well for themselves really, considering their obvious lack of talent.

There's a few exception like Sally, and I hate to say it James Russell (who you could see doing other presenting roles) but the rest of them would be lucky to get a gig on an advert or corporate video, or in Mike Mason's case a compering role at Pwllheli Butlins. I mean, Steve McDonald? He isn't very well turned out for TV is he?

And that ghastly Angela woman (my Avatar is now removed, apologies). If the gardening failed I suppose she could always go back to being a Tennis Coach.

Last edited:
Mike Mason would have to go into some kind of sales role, not tele sales, as I'm sure quite a lot of people would put the phone down as soon as he starts his aggressive speil!
Caroline Lyndsay? I've heard the Damart catalogue is crying out for models
And Dirty Peter would make an excellent child snatcher in the the remake of Chitty Chitty bang bang, failing that he can always go back to Maccy D's!

Most of them have done quite well for themselves really, considering their obvious lack of talent.

There's a few exception like Sally, and I hate to say it James Russell (who you could see doing other presenting roles) but the rest of them would be lucky to get a gig on an advert or corporate video, or in Mike Mason's case a compering role at Pwllheli Butlins. I mean, Steve McDonald? He isn't very well turned out for TV is he?

And that ghastly Angela woman (my Avatar is now removed, apologies). If the gardening failed I suppose she could always go back to being a Tennis Coach.

I agree Wirral, much as I detested him in the past, he seems to have grown up and matured these days. I no longer switch over when I see him. I've not seen this Angela, or the new cook.

I agree Wirral, much as I detested him in the past, he seems to have grown up and matured these days. I no longer switch over when I see him. I've not seen this Angela, or the new cook.

While I think he is a well turned out, competent presenter I would check everything he says before buying a product on the strength of his sales pitches!

I should have said Andy Hodgson is not in the Holiday Camp/Cruise Ship group too, he is head and shoulders better than anyone else.

Last edited:
They're all so trustworthy and honest.

I guess most of them would make fantastic politicians.

Caroline Lyndsay-hospice nurse
James Russell-tour guide
Mike Mason-cabbie
Sally Klaxon-in store demonstrator
Peter Simon-youth worker
Andy Hodgson-driving instructor
Guy Keen-receptionist in small hotel
Mark Stewart-cloakroom attendant

Perhaps they were those people who we're queing up for jobs in the newspaper this morning. I think there were about four thousand applicants for a handful of shop assistants jobs

Perhaps they were those people who we're queing up for jobs in the newspaper this morning. I think there were about four thousand applicants for a handful of shop assistants jobs

That's awful. I never thought either, that I would see food banks in the UK or people taking out their own teeth because they couldn't afford a private dentist. One of our young dustmen is a economics graduate and works on the bins because he cannot get any other job.

Latest posts

Back