Flying Ant Survey 2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
I know this may have very limited appeal but it might be a nice way for kids or grandkids to take part in a national survey. I took part last year- you simply report where you are in the country and the date when the flying ants appear. The website also explains why this happens. This year however they are asking for people to collect a sample of the flying ants (they supply the sample tube). If anyone would like to take part I've copied below part of the email I received which has a link if you're interested:

Thank you very much to everyone who has sent me their address ready to receive sample tubes – they will be with you in early June. And thank you for all your messages and stories – I really enjoy reading them. A few of you asked questions on the form but didn’t fill in your email address so I’m afraid I wasn’t able to answer them. If you do have any questions please feel free to reply to this email.

We are now looking more widely for people to collect flying ant samples, so if you have friends who are interested please do forward this link on to them: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BXKVJKX and we will send them a tube.

A few of you asked about a Facebook group. We don’t have a specific flying ant group but we have a Society of Biology one: www.facebook.com/societyofbiology. I have just posted about ants on it, so it would be great if you could share your ant stories and thoughts there.

I don’t know whether you saw Planet Ant on BBC Four, but Adam Hart, the brains behind the flying ant survey, starred in it!

Latest posts

Back