2 million pound rip off

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Haggismuncher

Registered Shopper
This has to be one of the worst deceptions ever.

Normally on a POTD they chop maybe 40-50% of the so called "usual" price to make it look like a great saving.

Then comes the 2million pound give away.

BISSELL CARPET CLEANER

USUAL PRICE £219

POTD PRICE £199

SAVING A MASSIVE "9%" ON THE USUAL PRICE.

Guess the free Bissell vacuum worth "£99" that you can buy online for £49 makes up for the lack of the usual price reduction of the POTD?

So are you really saving any money?

Just how daft do they think the British public are :devil:

Iv never got this giveaway thing. I remember when I first saw it, I actually thought they were giving away the money in prizes! its stupid if you ask me. saying we are giving away 2 0r 3 million, without seeing all the actual figures how could we know for sure.

Normally on a POTD they chop maybe 40-50% of the so called "usual" price to make it look like a great saving.

That's very disingenuous of you.

Despite the marketing, Andy has just told happy viewers that it's really a £3 million giveaway!

Well, that assumes they sell out of EVERYTHING. Let's face it, that's highly unlikely to happen.

I dont get this giveaway thing, Currently at the moment they have a set of 4 14inch easy fill hanging baskets on so say normal price £39.96, cut down to £12.99, but ive never seen the bliddy things being sold at a £10 each.

Tom Tom XXL for 99.99, with wait for it free Traffic Receiver, but they often do that offer anyway, so you aint gaining.

Vibrapower thing, they are saying 199.99 but normal price 299,99, again ive never seen it at price.

Oh no not the Vibro again, cant stand that Aussie guest! I love the new tom tom guest with the pony tail!

They have had so many Tom Tom guests, richard suddenly dissapeared, he went from guesting for Tom Tom who i belive he worked for, to then being a guest when Janice was on holiday, and he ended up guesting for Tablets, TV's and the likes

I liked richard too but this new guy with the pony tail is great. I was so impressed I almost bought one and I dont drive (through choice, like steamy sue!) It might make a present. Iv said it before, if I like the guest/presenter enough, I will think about forking out where I can.

I liked richard too but this new guy with the pony tail is great. I was so impressed I almost bought one and I dont drive (through choice, like steamy sue!) It might make a present. Iv said it before, if I like the guest/presenter enough, I will think about forking out where I can.

You'd buy a Tom tom and dont drive? when would u use it thou :S or as a present for someone else? Its a lot of money to spend just coz u like the guest.

Last edited:
Havent bought oneyet but I may if I catch him again I could find someone to give it to. I always want to support the guest. I never buy from someone I dont like, even if I want it. Its just my choice. Iv always been swayed if I like the person, same thing when I go to buy say a sofa or pc.

BISSELL CARPET CLEANER

USUAL PRICE £219

POTD PRICE £199

SAVING A MASSIVE "9%" ON THE USUAL PRICE.

Guess the free Bissell vacuum worth "£99" that you can buy online for £49 makes up for the lack of the usual price reduction of the POTD?

So are you really saving any money?

Just how daft do they think the British public are :devil:

Never watch this channel, as they do not value their customers or appreciate their business. Having said that, the fact that they take all viewers for gullible and deep - pocketed fools, is typical attitude for them.

Today's POTD. A 16gb refurbished iPhone 4 for £269.00 + £5.99 P&P, and it doesn't even come supplied with a UK plug. You have to pay an extra £7.99 for that.

Today's POTD. A 16gb refurbished iPhone 4 for £269.00 + £5.99 P&P, and it doesn't even come supplied with a UK plug. You have to pay an extra
£7.99 for that.

Dont knock this POTD at least its something differnt for once lol

Dont knock this POTD at least its something differnt for once lol

Something different for Ideal World maybe but they've been selling them on the deal channel for a while now. I just thought it was bad that they're not even generous enough to give you a plug. It's also funny how proud all the presenters seem, that they're actually selling something decent for once, even know it's 3 year old technology, lol.

I hate mobile phones with a passion, I will never give in, I have one stuck in a drawer that my nephew gave me as he wants me to text but I wont. I think mobiles make infidelity easier,, back in days, you would know if their was someone calling your house phone for your partner!

As for Ideal selling new line, well they have been doing them on the sister Channel Deal Channel which I think is the more suited channel for mobile phones. Ideal should stick with what they least know about.

Well they have all practically sold out so i think IW made a gd decison having it as a POTD, nice to see somthing differnt from the usual Karcher, halogen ovens, steam cleaners etc. Yeah they may have had this on the deal channel but does anyone actually watch that channel!!!

I have noticed more tech coming in, and Im not tech and hope we don't get more mobile phone deals particularly . They are boring presentations to watch, least with steam we see some pretend grease blow away.

The tech guest was saying how they all have new glass screens fitted so they will be in perfect condition with no scratches, they do a closeup and lots of scratches were visible on the screen :giggle:

Latest posts

Back