Paul Becque

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has joined Ideal World

He will be on air from 10th April if you're missing him :wave:

Thanks for that Momma. It will be interesting to see how he adapts his presentation style on Ideal World, I doubt he will be able to carry on the way he did on Sit Up!

But good for him anyway, it's a definite climb up the greasy pole. But spare a thought for poor Angela, first QVC then Ideal World and now Sit Up.

That's a definite slide DOWN the greasy pole :giggle:

Thanks for that Momma. It will be interesting to see how he adapts his presentation style on Ideal World, I doubt he will be able to carry on the way he did on Sit Up!

But good for him anyway, it's a definite climb up the greasy pole. But spare a thought for poor Angela, first QVC then Ideal World and now Sit Up.

That's a definite slide DOWN the greasy pole :giggle:

Tis true :giggle:

I could see the lovely James Russell on QVC :wink:

I honestly can't see him on I.W. He's much too hyper, but he may calm down a bit

Surprised to see on his Facebook that he has even moved himself and his family closer to Peterborough - very optimistic?

I did enjoy watching him so will be keen to see how he adapts on Ideal World, I can see him fitting in with crafting maybe.

And I wish he would just setup a Facebook page with his name instead of creating a new page with what ever channel he is working on now... 'Paul Becque on Ideal World'.

Good for Paul Becques! IW has become incredibly boring and repetitive. Maybe he will liven things up a bit there!

Good for Paul Becques! IW has become incredibly boring and repetitive. Maybe he will liven things up a bit there!

Indeed Greg, I find it quite boring now but nevertheless it's a real step up from Sit Up.

I bet a few people there are super jealous ha ha!

I get the impression that this move was motivated by him being increasingly unhappy with Sit-Up's dodgy and immoral selling tactics. He always seemed like he was a bit uncomfortable when he was flogging tat and seemed to genuinely want to connect with his viewers.

I'm sure he'll adapt his presenting style for IW - not more yelling at cameras - which is a good thing.

If James is such a jewellery expert, why isn't he using his expertise on a jewellery channel? :wonder:

He's been there and done that... left Bid Up a few years ago, slatted the channel on his Facebook page before joining Gems TV with Thea Balitch (producer).

But when Steve Bennett bought Gems back, he immediately got shot of James & Thea.

James soon had his tail between his legs as he reappeared on Bid Up soon after.

I get the impression that this move was motivated by him being increasingly unhappy with Sit-Up's dodgy and immoral selling tactics. He always seemed like he was a bit uncomfortable when he was flogging tat and seemed to genuinely want to connect with his viewers.

I'm sure he'll adapt his presenting style for IW - not more yelling at cameras - which is a good thing.
Really? I always thought he was one of the dodgiest-absolutely full of bull!!!
Every other item was appended with 'We bought one of these for my dad for christmas/his birthday/father's day ect- was it last year or the year before?' Complete load of tosh.
That plus his imaginary friend Bob combined to make him a real pain in the backside as far as I was concerned.
Still,each to his own.

He's been there and done that... left Bid Up a few years ago, slatted the channel on his Facebook page before joining Gems TV with Thea Balitch (producer).

But when Steve Bennett bought Gems back, he immediately got shot of James & Thea.

James soon had his tail between his legs as he reappeared on Bid Up soon after.

Yes, I remember this. Didn't he say on his twitter/facebook or something like, page that he was glad to leave situps and the tat they sold? He wasn't very complimentary about the customers either was he? I was amazed they ever had him back.

yes agree totally with that... Paul may be all manic ans shouty but i believe he does have morals and did'nt like all the false claims
and the bull.... theres not many honest people on there and good luck to him

Yes, I remember this. Didn't he say on his twitter/facebook or something like, page that he was glad to leave situps and the tat they sold? He wasn't very complimentary about the customers either was he? I was amazed they ever had him back.

He said it when Gems TV got shut of him Hillary. He was soon back 'flogging crap on shopping channels'.

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?22581-James-Russell-says-goodbye-to-quot-flogging-crap-on-shopping-channels-quot

Last edited:
I thought this might be an April fools joke, I know what Mommabear is like :tongue:

I'll be interested to see how he gets on on IW, I'll be watching

I thought this might be an April fools joke, I know what Mommabear is like :tongue:

I'll be interested to see how he gets on on IW, I'll be watching

Hi Bexi, hope you're ok :hi:

He's very excited, which I'm a bit nervous about, because he's said he's sharing a dressing room with Howard :wonder:

Latest posts

Back