Your Skin care routine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
I thought it would be a gd idea to share what your skin care range is with each other , also to say what type of skin you have etc, hopefully may give each other ideas which products suite what skin type and how they the different brands work together.

I have Oily/combination skin. My current skin care routine is very simple atm

Cleanser: Dr organics Tea tree Face wash, Nspar melting cleanser and superdrug hot cloth cleanser. I tend to use the face wash every morning and either the hot cloth cleanser or melting cleanser at night

Toner: Nspar toning mist, Body shop tea tree clearing toner. Normally the toning mist in the morning as you can spray it onto ur skin and then the tea tree clearing toner at night with cotton wool.

Moisturiser: Atm ABC balancing moisturiser every morning and the balancing moisturiser mixed with a Little of the Nspar facial oil every night.

Exfoliator: Twice a week(ish) Elemis Papaya enzyme peel.

Mask: Once a week Liz earle deep cleansing mask.
Ive had this routine for the last 4 weeks ( ABC moisturiser only last 2weeks) and i can say its really helped with my oily / combination skin. , My skin is much clearer and brighter and less shiny.

I have tried many of the big brands mostly from Qvc and sometimes add products from Elemis,alpha h, philosophy, decleor and Liz earl but only from Tsv's etc, however im gonna stick to this routine as its really sorted my skin out.

Dry and moody-sensitive. (meaning it's ok with some but not with others, on a very random basis.)

Cleanse-Moringa balm. Been using since Feb 2012. I use Emma Hardie foaming cleanser in the shower. I have a clarisonic but prefer the EH cloths. Love how my skin looks and feels after using it. Use it twice a day.

Don't bother with toner. Don't bother with exfoliator.

I have been using Judith Williams phytomineral range since January. Got the haluronic concentrate free at beauty bash. Got the cream, oil and eye cream in a kit. Flogged the cleanser on ebay. Very impressed with the results. Very smooth even toned skin. I don't need foundation anymore other than a very very light one. When the phytomineral oil is used up I will probably replace it with the rose oil from her LLB range as I like the smell. I was dubious about using it over moisturiser but it really does the trick. A bit like putting baby oil on wet skin to seal in moisture.

I am using up my Emma Hardie night cream. When it's finished I will use the same Judith Williams one as I do in the day.

I use a seperate eye make up removee from boots no 7 which I buy when I have a £5 voucher. This prevents my cloths going grey and its a habit I have got into over the years.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Dry, sensitive, mature skin here. I find the simpler my routine then the better my skin.
I wash my face every morning with Simple foaming facewash. I don`t use a toner per se but I buy lavender hydrolat from Naturally Thinking site. Its the water left over from the steam process of removing lavender oil from the flowers. The hydrolat is very soothing, non drying and is great as a skin toner/freshener but is also good for rashes, insect bites and any kind of irritation. I buy it in litre bottles and decant it into small plastic ones.
I use a sensitive skin moisturiser, currently one I bought off Ebay for a fiver but before that I used mainly Simple products or Clinique moisturiser.
At night I use a cleanser, currently its the cleansing balm from Ebay but before that I used No7 hot cloth cleanser followed by the sweep of a cotton pad soaked in the hydrolat and then Yves Rocher serum vegetal night cream or Aldi face oil for sensitive skin. The past week I`ve added Boots Botanics Ultra Calm serum to my routine and apply it under my moisturiser. I use Boots simply sensitive range eye cream.
I don`t use a face scrub or masque and gave up buying expensive brands over 2 years ago and have found my skin hasn`t suffered in the least from doing so.

Moody skin ... I like it!!

My skin has always been normal (other than when it had a fit three or four years ago) but since I hit fifty its getting less "comfortable". It's not dry as such but its drier than it was.

At night I use the balm Vienna recommended from eBay ... my god Vienna that is my beauty find of the year. I love it as a cleanser and as a mask ... then a whisk over with IBST then PCMC. And a few drops of Superskin Concentrate most nights.

In the morning I use the Neals Yard foaming rose cleanser, IBST then PCMC. And a couple of drops of M&S Pure facial oil if my skin feels dry. I bought the oils to replace LE but its too light for me at night but its fine during the day.

I use Vienna's balm as a mask two or four times a week and once a week I use Elemis' skin buff as an exfoliator. And then once a week I use Gatineau's orange scented gommage.

I have one patch of problem skin on my chin that I avoid using skin buff on. It's nothing much though, just a hormonal spot that comes and goes. I do go over that with the Gatineau.

I use the Gatineau lip wotsit most days and I'm trying to get my pea brain to remember to use an eye cream at night. I have the Elemis one.

I was using the Boots No7 Protect and Perfect serum for old biddies but I ran out and haven't bought another serum.

I've really had to simplify my routine the last year or so after developing acne that won't shift.

So now I wash my face twice a day with Simple soap, or ABC Tea Tree wash as these are the only two things I've found that don't strip my skin and leave it clean and comfortable.

Then I use my Liz Earle Eye Cream (either Daily Eye Repair or Smoothing Line Serum)

Then Simple Day cream in the day and Simple Night cream at night. I follow this with a layer of Thovaline Ointment over the acne, which gives a barrier between my skin and makeup. Then I apply my slap!

Once a week I use a Zinc face mask.

I've really had to simplify my routine the last year or so after developing acne that won't shift.

So now I wash my face twice a day with Simple soap, or ABC Tea Tree wash as these are the only two things I've found that don't strip my skin and leave it clean and comfortable.

Then I use my Liz Earle Eye Cream (either Daily Eye Repair or Smoothing Line Serum)

Then Simple Day cream in the day and Simple Night cream at night. I follow this with a layer of Thovaline Ointment over the acne, which gives a barrier between my skin and makeup. Then I apply my slap!

I can really reccomend the Dr organics tea tree face wash, i find it less harsh on the skin compared to the ABC wash.

Oh, mature/normal(I was told I had normal skin recently), but have to be careful because of mild roseaca.

Morning:

Elemis Sensitive Wash
REN Hydra-Calm Youth Defence Serum
PCMC
M&S Age Replenish Neck Cream
Chanel Ultra Correction Lift Eye Cream sample
La Mer eye serum sample

Evening:
elimae4u cleansing balm with lavender and sandalwood
Same eye and neck products
NUDE ProGenius Treatment Oil
M&S Age Replenish Night Cream

Have you tried Freederm for your acne? It gets some good reviews and I know a few people who have really had good results on stubborn acne. I had a nightmare with an acne type of issue a few years ago. It was a bliddy nightmare but it has gone now. Took a while though.

Autumn, Tinkerbelle - thank you for your suggestions. I'm willing to give anything a go at the moment. My face is like corned beef!!

Autumn, Tinkerbelle - thank you for your suggestions. I'm willing to give anything a go at the moment. My face is like corned beef!!

Aww ive been there myself for many years. I think like several people have said its best to keep you skin care routine simple. The ABC balancing moisturiser ive found to be a god send and mayb worth taking advantage of Qvc's 30mbg, not saying it will work for you as ive spent alot on skincare and reaserching products in the past only to be dissapointed. Just make sure anything u do try to give it a gd few weeks to start working, nothing will solve ur skin concerns overnight and sometimes a product may even make ur skin slighly worse to start with but stick with it aslong as its not causing skin irration. Keep us posted how u get on and if theres anything ur thinking about trying post on here and see what others think before u buy it :wave: x

I tend to change my regime when I run out of a product. (They do say that a change is as good as a rest :wink:)

At the moment, I cleanse in the morning with the Decleor cleanser and moisturise with Olay day cream. At night I remove the make up with Decleor cleanser or (horror of horror) a cleansing pad like Simple (or whatever I happen to pick up when I'm shopping.) I then put a thin layer of Olay night cream on.

I try these face creams but always go back to my Oil of Ulay! I use baby lotion to remove make up and to cleanse my skin. I never use toner or exfoliate either.

I used Olay for years. Probably from my teens through to late 30s. Just the basic cream in the pot. I loved it. But my skin is drier than it was do I needed something more. At the time they had just brought the one that tackled the 7 signs of ageing. I tried that but hated the chemical smell so moved on to Clarins then Elemis.

Latest posts

Back