PDA

View Full Version : Attempt of refusal of refund if 50+% of product used under 30 day MBG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missymissfabulous
29-03-2012, 09:56 AM
You may recall I posted re my 3 week old refund processing.

Well I was in for a surprise this am - when the courier knocked with a parcel from QVC , of which QVC had demanded a signature.

I openend it, and there were my 2 Perricone returns, minus my bubble wrapping etc - boxes soaked, with product leaked everywhere.
AND no note.

I have just called to see what the blazes is going on, and have been told that as more than 50% had been used during the 30 day no quibble gte period - I was not due a refund.

IMAGINE my reaction ..... I asked where in the published T&Cs it mentions this, why the presenters dont mention it, but say "use for the whole 30 days and if your not happy send it back", or why their 30 day refund period is cited as "no quibble", when apparently its anything but. INdeed Alison Young and the others are forever spouting on beauty shows, give it a good try, if fact send it back empty if you are not happy with results over the 30 days.

After 12 yrs and 1000s of s spent - I am flaming LIVID - in fact I;m beyond this....

The manager told me she didn;t know where it published the 50% useage rule, she would have to find out and come back to me ... of which I am awaiting a call ....

I have checked the T&Cs, and printed them off - and there is NO MENTION OF THIS 50% USE RULE, WHICH I DO BELIEVE IS BECAUSE OF THE PRICE POINT TO BE REFUNDED.

Anyone else heard this ?

I do intend on involving Trading Standards on this, and making it public if they attempt to wriggle out of the refund, which I think is because itss 207 ....

QuiteVacuousChat
29-03-2012, 10:01 AM
I'd threaten them with BBC Watchdog ... nothing like a bit of telly attention to make them behave.

missymissfabulous
29-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Thats a good one ... have you heard of this 50% crap ?

racy1975
29-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Ridiculous!!!! I'm seriously contemplating closing my account. Numerous items if mine are going missing only for QVC to insinuate that I am stealing them despite tracking information stating that the items are still at the couriers warehouse. Their whole service leaves a lot to be desired!!
You have my sincere sympathy and I hope you get this sorted out xx

missymissfabulous
29-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Contractually they haven't a leg to stand on .... as they can't seek to rely upon a contractual T&C, that is unpublished (if fact rather the opposite is stated on television and their published terms) and apparently only known to them, and of which the Managers have no idea where such a term is published, and it would certainly fail the lawful "unfair relationship test".

If they don't refund, I will take legal advice on pursuance, and also go directly to Trading Standards, ASA and Watchdog as suggested - I am also just waiting for a beauty show to come on, I intend to ring up and ask on air about the refund policy when they are spouting, "go on use it over the next 30 days, and if you don't see results send it back".

It is the 30 day try period that made me go for the item, my sister & I generously tried for the 30 days didn't see sufficient results to warrant the price tag - so sent them back under the published 30 MBG t&cs.

As I say I think its the fact its a 207 refund - that has prompted this attempted unlawful and illegal action .... I AM FUMING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still no call ....... no doubt legal dept are desperately trying to find something/anything in the T&Cs which could be re-interpreted to suit their requirements !!!!

There wasn't even a note enc with the items to tell me why they had returned them back .....

A very annoyed Missy x

boffy
29-03-2012, 10:42 AM
as the recession gets worse companies are getting really cheeky. and thats cheeky imao. apple/ugg/miele are all brands that are top end and refuse to do the right thing by thier customers it will only get worse. puts one off spending full stop. very bad. suprised at qvc but then again....

donna255
29-03-2012, 10:43 AM
I mentioned this some time ago. On the QVC facebook page someone said they had cosmetics returned to them from QVC saying the had used too much product in the 30 MBG period. They QVC replied and said that 30% of the product should be used with normal use in that time period. I even posted on here about and everyone was shocked. So here is the proof!!!! Now is there a lab somewhere that QVC get scienists(sp) to use said products to see how much a normal person will use in a 30 day period. Yeah right, and as my tutor says, My arse plays a bango.

missymissfabulous
29-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Ok, just had a phone call .... they will ON THIS OCCASSION refund (once they have the items back again with aprepaid slip!) - BUT I will be getting a letter telling me that if on future orders if more than 50% is used then there is NO refund.

I asked if this was a particular T&C to me, they said no "Its across the board" - so if its a GENERAL T&C, why isn't it published both on site and on air ?

After many yrs and 1000's of spent on beauty(and other) items ..... to say I am shocked, disappointed and feel a little victamised would be an understatement ....

So ladies, just be careful when using in the 30day, if you are getting near the 50% mark and aren't sure, don't take a chance and send it back at that point.

I think I will only order items I KNOW work or that I like, and won't take a chance on anything new just in case I go over the 50% mark - this has really shook me up and upset me and I must admit I feel very let down by QVC of whom I have always championed to others....... still life gives us a harsh reality check sometimes, and I've had mine !!

Missy x

Bea Frugal
29-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Good for you Missy. qvc should think twice before antagonising long-standing customers. It has been mentioned before that they have started acting up if there is what they consider 'more than normal' useage during the the trial period. Maybe some people are siphoning the stuff off and then returning. That would not be fair to anyone. On the other hand, even if you return something having only dipped your finger in the pot, that product is only good for the bin so they do seem to be overreacting here. They have such a volume of sales that we can't guess at the types of abuse that might go on, but it's been said before - they MUST explain the deal loud and clear.

missymissfabulous
29-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Agreed ..... I had no idea there were useage policies as they are certainly not made public nor would they fit in with the 30 day NO QUIBBLE gte - as citing useage as a term not to refund certainly is a very big quibble.

But then again I rarely return beauty items, in fact I can only think of 4 in over 10yrs, coupled with the fact I order the high end stuff such as Gatineau, Elemis, Decleor, I do feel a little unfairly treated - and they a little underhanded this matter, which appears to have affected people before my little episode !

To boot, I have just gone to repackage them for 2nd return, and 1 of the items returned is missing, and thats on top of no instructions or note with them when the were received !!

I have called CS to have a note made, as the next thing will be is that the returned items are incomplete !

miss molly
29-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I suppose if it is a large product which should last say 6 months and more than 50% is used in only a month they may ask questions on expensive items. However they should make the returns policy crystal clear for customers.

Flamenco
29-03-2012, 12:51 PM
as the recession gets worse companies are getting really cheeky. and thats cheeky imao. apple/ugg/miele are all brands that are top end and refuse to do the right thing by thier customers it will only get worse. puts one off spending full stop. very bad. suprised at qvc but then again....

I've never had a single problem with Apple. In fact, if anything I have been very impressed with Apple's after sales service. About 18 months ago I dropped my iPhone 4 and cracked the screen. I had only had it a couple of weeks. I was going to make a claim in the contents insurance, so went into Apple for a replacement quote. The guy at the Genius Bar told me not to worry and just gave me a brand new one free. I originally got it from O2 so didn't even buy it direct from Apple. Their service is brilliant and what every other company should aspire too. I was also given a generous discount in-store when I purchased Apple Care for my daughter's MacBook. Apple have me as a customer for life. We have now switched all our tech stuff over to Apple as a result. 2 MacBook Pros, new iPad (awesome by the way!), 2 iPhones and an iPod Touch and no doubt the collection will grow.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

bags
29-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Crazy how an earth can usage be worked out?

QVC sell products such as bath/shower, handwashes, shampoo's which could be purchased for families or students/flat/house share.

What about crafting products purchased for groups/clubs etc.

I recall years and years ago now, when I'd just started watching QVC, I'd started crafting and wanted to try out embossing powder.
I rang CS as I'd heard the presenter say try it out for a month, and if you don't get along with it just send it back.
I questioned if I used the powder was their a limit on how much I could use, before not being allowed to return for a refund.
I was bothered I may use a lot to get the correct effect or make a mess, spill it and not get a lot back in the pot.
The CS rep said their wouldn't be a problem if I wanted to return for a refund, if I didn't get along with it.

What about items such as clothing, footwear or bedding can you not use the items for a month then and return because they will have more than 50% wear?

sleepingprincess
29-03-2012, 01:24 PM
So what happens with food items? If I ordered some Thorntons chocolates would I be allowed to eat half the box and return it for a refund?

Pickles
29-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I think this is terrible customer service.

Maybe when returning beauty stuff we should 'top up' the stuff with water/yoghurt/flour mix/whatever so it appears fuller - surely they bin it anyway?

Akimbo
29-03-2012, 01:30 PM
My knee-jerk response to this is to advise beauty buyers to top up their pots with cheap handcream or any gunk that roughly resembles the original product, if they decide the moisturiser (or whatever) isn't for them and want to return it.

Missymiss (any buyer for that matter) pay by credit rather than debit card where possible, and at the first whiff of silly bugger behaviour from QVC raise a complaint with your credit card (which is jointly liable for the goods/services you buy). The CC company don't just step in when a vendor goes bust but can exert pressure to resolve any dispute. Even once QVC pay up it's worth contacting the CC to explain your dispute, particularly where QVC are relying on clauses that don't appear in the T&Cs.

I hope you get a full refund and an apology (not sure you'll get the latter).

Jude xx

bags
29-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Here's a question I've just had delivery of a garden cleaning product.
Well I don't know if it's going to clear the moss etc. because some reviews are good and some not.
So do I get hubby to do only half a job, just in case it doesn't work then I can return for a refund?

missymissfabulous
29-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Well the fact it took them over 3 weeks to send it back, with no note wasn't clever.

Now I have to send them back again, to get a refund.

QVC have to display all t&cs that form part of the contract (i.e sale and purchase), between themselves and the consumer - then the consumer may may a decision upon which they either elect to enter into the contract and buy the item (with MBG terms) or not.

This is regardless of use, unless of course, it clearly states both on the TV presentations and published terms, on any restrictions to use during the 30 day period - as to attempt to enforce a term previously concealled would fail any unfair relationship test or court case.

This is similar to the 50% return policy, which IS now clearly published on their T&C site.

As I say, I have always championed QVC and their CS, and this has left rather a sour taste, although in this case they have agreed to a full refund.

As I say, I will only now order things that i ALREADY use and know, or items that don't have a quantity as such .....

Missy

yesilkedi
29-03-2012, 02:08 PM
I've had a good read of their terms and conditions and nowhere does it mention that you have to return at least 50% of the item, it only says that the items have to be clean and in their original packaging. This is something I feel should be brought to the attention of Trading Standards and the ASA. Shame on QVC.

stratobuddy
29-03-2012, 02:21 PM
I agree, regardless of the fact that they have finally agreed to refund Missy "on this occasion".

brissles
29-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Years ago when qvc first brought out blueberry quartz- they were giving big spiel about it being mined in Brazil etc etc.

I did some investigating on the net, and found that a lot of quartz was dyed and heated to bring up the colour, a fact not publicised by qvc. I wrote to Trading Standards with my findings, and on the very next showing of Blueberry Quartz, Charlie Brooks went to great lengths in being more specific about the make up of the gem.

So knowing someone has taken the time and effort to make a report to Trading Standards, does bring results.

rainbowdottie
29-03-2012, 03:02 PM
I did know about the 50% - but only because I read it here.I've never heard it mentioned on QVC.As you say,all the presenters encourage you to try things.

I only buy from QVC the things I really know I want, now.I'm not much of a beauty junkie,but I do love all the make up etc....but I rarely "try" much now.

I really can't be doing with the P&P mainly,nor the hassle of the post office,using DSR and then having to chase it.

I bought the last Laura Geller TSV (which will be my last TSV from her) - I sent it back on the 08/03/12 by second class recorded and on the 21/03/12 I was still trying to trace the item and my refund.I just don't need the hassle.

I'm very select about what I buy from QVC now.

jewelami
29-03-2012, 04:27 PM
I suppose if it is a large product which should last say 6 months and more than 50% is used in only a month they may ask questions on expensive items. However they should make the returns policy crystal clear for customers.

I agree they need to make there returns policy crystal clear. I have never had any problems with returns,but then again i have never sent any beauty products back.

Lemonsqueezy
29-03-2012, 04:50 PM
I am having a problem,my Lola Rose TSV went missing 3 weeks ago now.Two declaration forms "went missing" so they sent me one by email to return.
No problem, I returned it and requested a replacement as this was supposed to be a Mothers day gift. Since then I have heard diddly squat and it's really bugging me.Why should I get a refund on an item that is missing and I still want and QVC still have in stock.
Having said tht I have not got a refund either,it's appalling!
Has anyone actually asked what "award" Liverpool have won because I suggest it's the"Rasberry Award"!!

missymissfabulous
29-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Its certainly changed my opinion - the fact it took 3 weeks, and even then the item was recd just "dumped" in a qvc bag with no explanation ... the boxes are now all sodden and crushed (when I returned them they were each wrapped in bubble wrap so certainly didn't arrive in that condition).

This episode has also been quoted and discussed on the FB page, so whether that changes things who knows !

But certainly the whole thing has been very upsetting, especially due to the minimial returns I have made over 10 yrs or so ...

Whether they decant all the returns into one pot to make a full one, and flog in the outlet I don't know .... but I'll steer clear just in case someone else has had their fingers in it after this episode.

StumpyBloke
29-03-2012, 05:33 PM
'On this occasion'??? They truly are arrogant (excuse my German) bastards!!! Who the hell do they think they are??!! I was told that once when I wanted to return a POS Archos tablet... I said if you didn't sell shit we wouldn't even need to be having this conversation...now refund me as the law states or I take it further. I had a refund quite sharpish!! Idiots!!

missymissfabulous
29-03-2012, 05:57 PM
By generously I meant, we (& my hubby who used my face wash ), used without skimping twice a day or as reqd, over around 28 days, with little improvement - which was promised within the 30 day period by stated by the presenters. So they went back, as I note many people do by reading reviews on QVC for various products - and as is my legal right to do so under the MBG T&Cs.

I have to be honest I have seen shoes in Birchwood with basically no heal left on them due to wear .... and used clothes and other items on sale that are really only fit for the bin !!!!!!

Anyway, QVC have accepted they acted improperly and will be giving me a full refund, which is the objective I sought.

Thanks guys for all helpful comments made through the thread.

I'll keep you posted.

M x

Lemonsqueezy
29-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Well a rather interesting thing just happened...as I had a little moan on the FB page earlier about my missing order and I have just received a phone call from QVC customer services manager.
She said she had traced my name and account details from the FB page and wanted to offer sincere apologies for the difficulties I have had with CS.
She has checked that the item is still in stock and sent out a replacement asap.She is going to call me back tomorrow to see if I am happy and received a confirmation e mail!!!!

Maybe they don't want negativity on there haha!

netscat
29-03-2012, 08:06 PM
How can they prove you actually used 50% anyway? The bottle could have leaked on the way back to QVC?

dingledangle
29-03-2012, 09:21 PM
I find it extremely odd that a savvy selling organisation like QVC would 'jump' on anyone in this way. It just doesn't make sense. :confused3:

hounds-of-love
29-03-2012, 09:35 PM
I have to be honest I have seen shoes in Birchwood with basically no heal left on them due to wear .... and used clothes and other items on sale that are really only fit for the bin !!!!!!
M x

I don't think i realised that they sell off the returned items in the shop !! eek ! that's horrid.

boffy
29-03-2012, 09:54 PM
[QUOTE=Flamenco;553280]I've never had a single problem with Apple. In fact, if anything I have been very impressed with Apple's after sales service. About 18 months ago I dropped my iPhone 4 and cracked the screen. I had only had it a couple of weeks. I was going to make a claim in the contents insurance, so went into Apple for a replacement quote. The guy at the Genius Bar told me not to worry and just gave me a brand new one free. I originally got it from O2 so didn't even buy it direct from Apple. Their service is brilliant and what every other company should aspire too. I was also given a generous discount in-store when I purchased Apple Care for my daughter's MacBook. Apple have me as a customer for life. We have now switched all our tech stuff over to Apple as a result. 2 MacBook Pros, new iPad (awesome by the way!), 2 iPhones and an iPod Touch and no doubt the collection will grow.

glad that you had a positive response from apple. but my daughter did not even drop her i-pod and all they would do is sell anather one for 70 (not even letting us know that that one would be a reconditioned one) were arging that it was 3 months outside the warranty. was in there 2 hours siting the sale of goods act and that warranty does not supercede the sale of goods act and that electrical goods are guaranteed for 5 years.

your experience is what i would expect from an expensive high end brand but not having your experience i myself cannot reccommend them.
in our household we have 2 ipads,5 i-pods and a new imac

Flamenco
29-03-2012, 10:11 PM
glad that you had a positive response from apple. but my daughter did not even drop her i-pod and all they would do is sell anather one for 70 (not even letting us know that that one would be a reconditioned one) were arging that it was 3 months outside the warranty. was in there 2 hours siting the sale of goods act and that warranty does not supercede the sale of goods act and that electrical goods are guaranteed for 5 years.

I'm not sure in law electrical goods are guaranteed up to 5 years. I think the interpretation of the legislation is that its a matter of fact and degree about how long goods are reasonably expected to last. I would expect an iPod to last 15 months (although maybe not if its played continually and the battery dies) but I wouldn't expect it to last 5 years. An iMac is a different matter. I would expect that to last 5 years. It depends on many factors, and the legislation is construed in this way. You're right that the warranty doesn't supersede your statutory rights under the SOGA.

I tend to visit the Norwich Apple Store and I've done quite a few of the free workshops on offer there and have always been impressed at how courteous and helpful all of the staff are who work there. I have been to the Lakeside Apple Store but they weren't as friendly, I didn't stop for long there. Maybe it depends on the location of the store, although I've had exceptional service using the Apple customer line too. I'm sorry that's not been your experience.

rosey
29-03-2012, 10:27 PM
I go to the one at Cribbs Causeway and we have had nothing but amazing service there. The staff are always courteous and very helpful. When my youngest son's iPhone died after 18 months and it was out of warranty with no insurance they replaced it for a cost of 55. Which is a great price when a new one is over 400. My other son's iPod classic had a sound problem and it was 3 years old but they took it in part exchange for a new one at a cost of 90 rather than the cost of 180 for the full price.

Maybe it is a problem with different stores but every Apple shop we have been to has been great. So much so that we now ony by their products and have two MacBooks, 2 iPhone 4's, an iPad, two iPod classics, an iPod touch, two nanos and a shuffle in our household. Oh yes and apple tv. As you can tell we love their products and service.

RedT
29-03-2012, 11:24 PM
I've actually heard a presenter say once - when talking about the Elemis Bliss capsules - that you could use the whole pot which was 30 days worth, then send back the empty pot and end up not having to pay for them!! She then realised what she'd said and quickly back tracked but in fairness, if they're going to encourage people to slap on beauty products as much as they do (the more you use the more you have the re-purchase) then they shouldn't have this stupid 50% policy in place. Plus they are always flogging products as suitable for the whole family so shouldn't they reasonably expect more than one person to use a single product? ABC skinwash springs to mind, they're always saying how the whole family can use it, so do you have to monitor how much your husband/kids are using to make sure they don't go below 50%?? Ridiculous...

I'd be closing my account if I were the OP, saying that purchases will be limited from now on means purchases will still be made. The only way (I think, IMHO) to make a real point is trading standards, moan on FB so loads of people see it and close your account.

On another note, contacted CS to close my account the other week. I got a mail saying it would be closed and wishing me the best (which was nice)..yet I just managed to log on.....so now I'll have to mail them AGAIN.

amn
29-03-2012, 11:50 PM
Well a rather interesting thing just happened...as I had a little moan on the FB page earlier about my missing order and I have just received a phone call from QVC customer services manager.
She said she had traced my name and account details from the FB page and wanted to offer sincere apologies for the difficulties I have had with CS.
She has checked that the item is still in stock and sent out a replacement asap.She is going to call me back tomorrow to see if I am happy and received a confirmation e mail!!!!

Maybe they don't want negativity on there haha!

Is it just me that finds it a but disturbing that they can track your name and account details from your Facebook page???????

Tinkerbelle
30-03-2012, 07:25 AM
I was told by someone who worked for Elemis that QVC do not bear the cost of returns. The supplier does so I can't see why QVC has any issue with how much is returned unless the rules have changed.

Me personally, I would not try a beauty product and then return it under the 30 day money back guarantee. I don't know why but I wouldn't. I know I could.

I bought a Gatineau TSV and didn't think it was great but kept it anyway. I've also bought Decleor, Elemis, SBC and others. I left it unused until I forced myself to use up every scrap. Whilst perhaps I should have got my money back doing it this way has really made me realise that I've bought tut and I won't do it again. Since forcing myself to use every scrap of skincare I've ever bought ... good, bad and indifferent ... it's taught me not to buy these wonder kits and TSVs from QVC.

QVC should honour their 30 day money back guarantee and make this 50% policy clear at all times but in my case not "getting" my money back has saved me money and cost QVC sales in the long run.

Kat73
30-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Very admirable Tinkerbelle, I wish I could do what you have done and use every scrap. However if I dont like a product I send it back for a refund as that is my right under the MBG and I would not expect Q to re- sell the item either on QVC or in their outlet stores, (I was told by CS ages ago that this is what happens to their returns). I hope the items are sealed and unused before they go to outlet stores!

I only keep a beauty item if I am sure I will use it and enjoy using it, and fortunatlely my usual brands (l'Occitaine, Emma Hardie, Liz Earle, LG, smashbox, BE and BB) do not disappoint. I have been very disappointed in the past with Gatineau and Elemis, but I used the floracil and PCMC, gave some to my mum, gave some as gifts and flogged the rest on ebay so combined with being able to return for a refund I have still managed to get my moneys worth. The TSV's are sometimes such good value that if there are a couple of things you WONT use there is always someone willing to buy them on ebay. I learned that on here, so brill forum!

donna255
30-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Concerning reselling returned beauty products which have been opened. Look at TKMaxx. Most of their beauty products have been opened and fingers dabbed into pots. I know if buying I inspect packaging etc. Kits of Leighton Denny and Nails Inc with bottles missing out of kits being sold etc. I bought Elizabeth Grant Caviar Eye Cream for 6.99 and made sure the inner seal was intact on the pot. It was one you had to peel back and then the plastic inner cover as well.

iloveshopping
30-03-2012, 09:38 AM
yes i got caught out two weeks ago at TKM with eye gel. the pack said this seasons stock but when i took i out of its box it was half empty and the prod date was marked as sept 2008. manager was reluctant to take it back until i pointed out that i had spent quite alot and i was happy with the rest of the cosmetics.

stratobuddy
30-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Since joining this site, I have ordered far fewer items from QVC, and nothing since the Gtech sweeper TSV - THANKS ST.COM

jewelami
30-03-2012, 10:44 AM
I don't think i realised that they sell off the returned items in the shop !! eek ! that's horrid.

I would just like you to know that the Birchwood outlet store do not sell used cosmetics. I have bought loads of cosmetics over the years for friends & family.
They only sell BRAND NEW UNUSED & IN DATE COSMETIC'S. There policy on these items are non-refundable.
Clothes,shoes,ect are a different matter. Some items are brand new clearence stock & others may of been used.
I've had some great bargans over the years.:happy::happy:

lawrenson
30-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi,

I ordered a couple of bits from the Glow Company, yesterday at 13:26.

Theyve just arrived!

Thats service!

Cheers,
Karen

missymissfabulous
30-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Post has just been with no return label .... best be here tomorrow !!!!!!:headbang:

I have had a read on the FB page (at someones direction !) , where this matter has been raised (without my knowing !), and I certainly hope that the comments and backlash against QVC CS, do not affect their treatment of me at this time !!! (although I know the original poster was trying to help others in raising the issue for discussion)

By the way to the lady on FB who says she has "I've never been to that website but I've heard of some very 'unusual' 'claims' that have come from there!!! :-)!", .... inferring that there are half truths and fairy tails being broadcast ...... I can state to her that I may be many fabulous things, but a Liar isn't one of them .... on what planet would people make up stories and waste their time asking for advice ... quite ridiculous and sad if they do !! And that comments such as this would be best kept to yourself unless YOU actually know the WHOLE story fact by fact.

Will keep all updated

Missy

apple
30-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Since joining this site, I have ordered far fewer items from QVC, and nothing since the Gtech sweeper TSV - THANKS ST.COM

You nearly had a relapse with that airer thingy!.

Boris Bear
30-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Post has just been with no return label .... best be here tomorrow !!!!!!:headbang:

I have had a read on the FB page (at someones direction !) , where this matter has been raised (without my knowing !), and I certainly hope that the comments and backlash against QVC CS, do not affect their treatment of me at this time !!! (although I know the original poster was trying to help others in raising the issue for discussion)

By the way to the lady on FB who says she has "I've never been to that website but I've heard of some very 'unusual' 'claims' that have come from there!!! :-)!", .... inferring that there are half truths and fairy tails being broadcast ...... I can state to her that I may be many fabulous things, but a Liar isn't one of them .... on what planet would people make up stories and waste their time asking for advice ... quite ridiculous and sad if they do !! And that comments such as this would be best kept to yourself unless YOU actually know the WHOLE story fact by fact.

Will keep all updated

Missy

If the poster on FB finds the claims unusual then QVC either have to say that it's not true that they quibble over usage of things like skincare, in which case you should get your refund, or they admit to over 30,000 fans that they are liars about the no qibble money back guarantee. The fact the poster finds it hard to believe is no reflection on you as they don't know you. It's hard to understand why (attention seeking maybe) but some people do make up stories and ask for advice. I hope QVC sort this soon for you, if they don't then maybe you should post on their FB page and the thought of 30.000 customers reading it might make customer service pull their fingers out!

donna255
30-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Well it was on Facebook I first read about use too much and they won't take it back. The replies to that post very long indeed 99.9% outraged.

missymissfabulous
30-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Gosh ... I feel a bit nervous now about how much publicity this has generated .... I hope that they don't try and refuse again once I re-send them because I've exposed this for guidance and discussion !!

Yes I too have read the FB posts, and feel very comforted by the fact that most appear outraged, and also know nothing about this "clause", with some even contacting QVC for their official statement on returning items whereby a quantity woud be used in the MBG period - which would relate I suppose to skincare, make up, crafting, inks that come with printers, food and food kits such as yogurt and those fudge things, etc ... etc.. etc... etc.... the list goes on...!!!!

The advice I have been given is that they haven't a leg to stand on if they did refuse to refund, as such contractual terms of use (forming part of the contract between the customer & QVC), were not disclosed to the me prior to my entry into the contractual agreement (ie buying the item). Which they weren't and they didnt' - so they really had no where to go with this.

Having said that, its been really unpleasant, and I just want to get back to normal .... once I get this darned label and get the items back to them with my refund, I just want to draw a line under the whole horrid episode.

Will keep all updated, with thanks for your kind words of support an encouragement.

Missy x

unsure
30-03-2012, 08:39 PM
The trouble with FB is that real names are used so the people supporting you who are also here won't be revealing themselves here! (if u see what I mean)

rainbowdottie
30-03-2012, 09:41 PM
I always wonder if QVC work out who are on here.I'm the first to say I've bought so and so - it was smashed/broken so sent it back.

Or Had a rant to them on the phone about something or other.

I'd like to think that QVC have far too many customers and not enough time to sift their way through ST.com...............................but somewhere in the depths of mind,I do wonder if they've employed some little person to sit and make it their job to match the customers on ST.com.......and then put their username on their QVC account.

Maybe I have too much time on my hands :blush:

unsure
30-03-2012, 09:56 PM
It would break data protection rules if they looked at your customer data from clues gathered from here or FB. Imagine if they got it wrong!
Or if your Q account was in your OH's name and they called him or her and said 'we can see that you have said xyz...'

rainbowdottie
30-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Ok my mind is running away with me now.......................:drunk:

Akimbo
30-03-2012, 10:39 PM
No sure what scrangiefan disliked about my post; the adulteration of rejected face gunk suggestion or the advocating the use of credit cards?

QVC not good on the damage-limitation are they? "....for a ha'penneth of tar.." as the saying goes, or should that be a few quid's worth of Perricone face cream?

Jude xx

unsure
30-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Perhaps I should start sending empty pots of face cream back to them. I love a squabble with a big company too big for its boots!

minim
30-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Perhaps I should start sending empty pots of face cream back to them. I love a squabble with a big company too big for its boots!

No, don't do it lol

Welcome to the forum unsure :grin:

Rentochops
30-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Last year (or it might have been the previous year) I got some plants from QVC, they had come via Guernsey so not far to travel to me, and they were alsmost dead when they arrived, I managed to bring two back to life, they were about 10. I rang QVC who told me not to return them and they would refund, I waited and complained 3 or four times, I never got a refund. I know this is slightly different but basically they inferred that I'd killed the things. I gave up in the end and it was a small amount. Ok they were not returned but they told me not to return them! I have never bought plants from them again.

I hope it all gets sorted missy, I gave up as it as a small amount, but I'd be going mad too if I was you!

missymissfabulous
31-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Well .... the return label didn't arrive this morning .. 2 days now since it should have been despatched a short distance for delivery.

You can bet I was straight on that phone .. and was told that yes the PP label had been despached on Thurs, but that all the post goes by 2nd class mail ... I did state my shock as this was in connection with a serious complaint ... the operative apologised (after all isnt her fault), but that is their standard practice.

So, Monday its here ... if not I shall send by RM, and put in an invoice for the 2nd amount of postage Ive had to pay in resolution of the matter.

I'm hopping mad about the whole manner in which this has been handled ... absoutely disgraceful .. award winning customer svcs ... what a dubious claim !!

Again, I can't thank you all enough for the support and encouragement you have given me ... it really has helped keep me from total meltdown !!

Missy xxx

Akimbo
31-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I wonder whether, in place of a genuine apology, you'll get the mythology of the "thank you for highlighting this training issue" BS? Or most likely a refund and nothing?

Jude xx

missymissfabulous
31-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Time will tell .... I rather think the latter .... but hope to be surprised :smirk:!?

M x

Pinkpussycat
31-03-2012, 12:25 PM
CEO is Dermot Boyd dermot_boyd@qvc.com that always gets em jumping. :grin:

Lottie
31-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Good luck Missy! I have never heard of this 50% rule either and I've been watching QVC for donkey's years. I have though lost track of the number of times they have told us that you can use it for 30 days and empty the pot!

I seem to be in a minority - I've had nothing but exemplary Customer Service from QVC, but if ever I was called and told "on this occasion" I'd tell them to stuff their Occasions where the sun don't shine and I'd cancel my account forthwith.

Bluebell
31-03-2012, 06:24 PM
What would happen if you bought the pack with 60 elemis bliss capsules
where you use 2 each day for a month does that me you could only use it for 2 weeks
or else you would have used more than half of them?

hope you get a full refund soon MMF

dingledangle
31-03-2012, 06:33 PM
trial sizes, miniatures, try me, doll sizes? You would go through more than 50% of those itty-bitty, teensie-weenie tubes within the 30dmb, surely!
Hmmm.

Yes, but those are sample sizes and not worth 209. It is also the kind of size that salons give out for free, and people are frankly daft to pay for. I'm sure QVC and the beauty brands make 100% profit on 'try me' promotions.

minim
31-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Yes, but those are sample sizes and not worth 209. It is also the kind of size that salons give out for free, and people are frankly daft to pay for. I'm sure QVC and the beauty brands make 100% profit on 'try me' promotions.

Trial size/ full size; gallons/ tiny samples; expensive/ reasonable - is it all the same i.e. use more than 50% within the 30 days & you might not get a refund?
Q has to come clean about this.

dingledangle
31-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Trial size/ full size; gallons/ tiny samples; expensive/ reasonable - is it all the same i.e. use more than 50% within the 30 days & you might not get a refund?
Q has to come clean about this.

I'm sure it could be applied mathematically. 15ml is about a month's worth ... the best part of 50ml definitely isn't.

dingledangle
31-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Snarly ... when sizes differ in separate kits over the same trial period 50% can NEVER be 50%. Think of it like this - 15ml is 30 days, 30ml is 60 days etc. It would therefore be totally acceptable and fair to QVC if someone used up a 15ml sample within 30 days. A 50ml sample within the same period = not so much.

I do believe the presenters mention the ml sizes during broadcast.

dingledangle
31-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Ah yes, but at the same time this is surely where personal responsibility/common sense kicks in? I would NEVER invite a mate/family member/partner to join in a trial of a product. QVC initially sold the product to a single account holder, and it should therefore be treated as such. To have two people trying out a single product out for 'free' is just taking the p*ss.

Bluebell
31-03-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm sure it could be applied mathematically. 15ml is about a month's worth ... the best part of 50ml definitely isn't.

I wished my husband realised that he can use a 50ml of moisturiser in 3 weeks and he only uses it once a day after shaving :pizza:

Madaboutdogs
31-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Blinking heck starting to think I`m not up to being a QVC customer ..its too complicated forn a simple old codger like me!!

I ordered on waitlist for my sins a Kim&Co dress (it was stretchy had no zips or buttons that hurt old sore bones and muscles lol ) Anyway when I got the despatch email I checked online and it was still on wait list so I got on the phone and said if it was a return I didn`t want it I was told it would have been one that had been on hold that had been cancelled I said well when it comes if I think by its condition that its a return I would want to return it ..he then said they are only re sent out if the labels are still attached and unworn!!! I asked had he logged my concerns he said yes and told me to get back to them if I wasn`t satisfied...Anyway it arrived this morning ..labels still attached (thats easy to do with a swift attacher) but having a distinct odour, not new if you know what I mean as though it had been hanging where there was cooking going on ... and very creased..so I was on the phone double quick telling him I worked on Customer Services for 20 years in a dept store so there was nothing he could tell me about inspecting clothes for wear so they are sending me a return label Todays chap said they re sell returns in their outlet shops !!
What puzzles me is what difference does it make whether its 5% 25% or 75% used when you return something when they supposedly don`t do anything with them ..It just makes you think they do reuse them in some way ...afterall they accept tried on earrings don`t they? and I`m sure they don`t throw those away for hygiene purposes!! Personally I`ve never had any real problems with CS but my daughter has as I`ve said before her netbook about 2 weeks out of warranty stopped working properly and they just didn`t want to know!!
Good Luck Missy Hope you get everything that is due to you and more with what you have had to put up with!!

unsure
31-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Ah yes, but at the same time this is surely where personal responsibility/common sense kicks in? I would NEVER invite a mate/family member/partner to join in a trial of a product. QVC initially sold the product to a single account holder, and it should therefore be treated as such. To have two people trying out a single product out for 'free' is just taking the p*ss.

This isn't true for "family" sized stuff is it? Buy it and you will find your husband uses it... Or are they deadly serious when they say to hide it from your husband.

charlie
31-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Alison Young must have really tiny hands because bottles always look enourmous in her hands. A L'occy handwash is a chunky size but she makes it look like a breezeblock. The soaps too.

Bet her hubby appreciates this talent :O)

I know mine does :cheeky:

dingledangle
31-03-2012, 09:38 PM
This isn't true for "family" sized stuff is it? Buy it and you will find your husband uses it... Or are they deadly serious when they say to hide it from your husband.

Buy it and you'll find your husband/children/dog won't count when it comes to the amount used. After all, they didn't buy it , did they?:biggrin:

donna255
31-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Spotted this on Facebook.

QVC has spoken:

Thank you for your patience while we looked in to this.

We do offer a full 30-day money back guarantee on all items purchased and we understand that certain products, such as cosmetics, are consumable and have to be sampled. So for this reason we aim to provide at least 30 to 60 days normal usage. We use the 50% as guidance for our customers as to what is a reasonable amount. Thanks to our regular customer surveys we've found that this is more than adequate.

We do reference in our returns procedure in 9.2 of our T&C's that a product being returned within the 30 day money back guarantee is returned in a clean condition and in its original packaging. We don't stipulate any percentage or parameters specifically in our T&C's as each product is different. Therefore for a consumable product a reasonable amount needs to be returned. However, as mentioned earlier, 50% will offer you some guidance.

We hope that this has addressed your concerns.

Quite a few unhappy people stating QVC have moved the goalposts.

Some quoting old Lulu saying on air you could use a whole pot and just return the empty pot if unhappy!!!

bags
31-03-2012, 09:58 PM

What?

So how do I tell my hubby I'm trying out for free as you put it, the CE pans, NN bath mats, towels, double featherbed, duvet, pillows and bedding set myself.

Are you seriously telling me how we have to sleep, wash and cook.

:confused:

bags
31-03-2012, 10:02 PM
The presenters state their items are to be used by the family eg: L'occitaine shower gel & shampoo, other name-brand shampoo/conditioner, fake tan, Easi-Yo, UltraSun etc. DingleDangle, I shall bow out of this tete-a-tete now as it's Saturday night and uh, I'm off to wash my hair.

Just make sure you hide away your QVC products afterwards in case someone pinches some.:tongue:

dingledangle
31-03-2012, 10:15 PM
What?

So how do I tell my hubby I'm trying out for free as you put it, the CE pans, NN bath mats, towels, double featherbed, duvet, pillows and bedding set myself.

Are you seriously telling me how we have to sleep, wash and cook.

:confused:

How you tell him is your problem. Seriously. Technically speaking, YOU are trying out any item within 30 days of receiving it. Sorry if that comes as a shock. And no, I'm certainly not telling you how to sleep, wash and cook. I gather your husband does this kind of thing.

bags
31-03-2012, 10:23 PM
How you tell him is your problem. Seriously. Technically speaking, YOU are trying out any item within 30 days of receiving it. Sorry if that comes as a shock. And no, I'm certainly not telling you how to sleep, wash and cook. I gather your husband does this kind of thing.

Do you expect my hubby to pay for something he's not allowed to try?

RedT
31-03-2012, 10:23 PM
So wait, they don't put it in the terms & conditions because it differs for every product...but at the same time it's 50%, they just don't tell anyone?! And how exactly are we supposed to know this? We were ALL part of this all illuminating customer survey which determined that 50% of a product was more than enough to try it out?

What utter b*llocks...

dingledangle
31-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Do you expect my hubby to pay for something he's not allowed to try?

I certainly don't, bags! QVC does.

Gemma1
31-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Good post Bags regarding pans, bedding etc.Perhaps dingledangle would care to explain how to police sole usage of such items. Perhaps you should sleep alone and use pans to prepare meals solely for yourself during the 30 day trial period. What utter nonsense

Pinkpussycat
31-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Good post Bags regarding pans, bedding etc.Perhaps dingledangle would care to explain how to police sole usage of such items. Perhaps you should sleep alone and use pans to prepare meals solely for yourself during the 30 day trial period. What utter nonsense
DD is soooo determined to be RIGHT she's talking utter bollox.

bags
31-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I certainly don't, bags! QVC does.

Then all I can say is they don't sell packs of pillows, double, king and superking bedding, as well as cosmetic products in large sizes suitable for families.
When they have a presenter in bed with a bedding guest explaining how the items are for two persons in the bed, I'll ring to ask for the first month if I should limit usage to which one of us orders the product then?

:giggle:

StumpyBloke
31-03-2012, 10:32 PM
DD, genuine question...are you being serious?

dingledangle
31-03-2012, 10:32 PM

Dingledangle has absolutely no plans or compulsion to get involved with your personal worries regarding your dealings with QVC.

It's up to you to read the fine print.

Goodbye and good luck!

bags
31-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Then all I can say is they don't sell packs of pillows, double, king and superking bedding, as well as cosmetic products in large sizes suitable for families.
When they have a presenter in bed with a bedding guest explaining how the items are for two persons in the bed, I'll ring to ask for the first month if I should limit usage to which one of us orders the product then?

:giggle:

And while I'm on with it, not that we allow our lab upstairs.
But I'll question for others when they make comments regarding viewers pets such as cats sleeping on NN.
I will ask if pets as well as partners should be refused entry for the first month?

:wonder:

:yawn:

Gemma1
31-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Dingledangle has absolutely no plans or compulsion to get involved with your personal worries regarding your dealings with QVC.

It's up to you to read the fine print.

Goodbye and good luck!

Then why did you bother getting involved in the first place if that's your attitude? It's very immature of you to bow out when you can't or won't respond to a question. I think you posted on a very informative thread in order to make mischief but I'm afraid all you have achieved is to make yourself sound completely ridiculous. I'm sure I won't be alone in thinking this. Goodbye to you too.

stratobuddy
31-03-2012, 10:53 PM
This thread has become surreal, BUT there is still an hour to go until April Fool's day!

Akimbo
31-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Just throwing the Christmas gift scenario into the mix: If you buy, fr'instance, a skincare set for your mum though she's never tried the range before; you hand it over on Christmas morning saying, "don't worry Mum, if it doesn't suit your skin I can send it back...oh but don't use more than half of each pot, even the itty biity 5ml sample of serum (or whatever), and make sure Dad doesn't use that moringa balm willy nilly on his dry heels even though they said on air to use it all over" I'm not feeling a warm Christmassy glow from this kind of conditional gift-giving.

Jude xx

bags
31-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Well I made a huge cock up then by giving Hubby his QVC Clarks slippers for Christmas without me size 3-4 trying out the size 7 for a month before hand. :doh:

Pinkpussycat
31-03-2012, 10:58 PM
I think you posted on a very informative thread in order to make mischief but I'm afraid all you have achieved is to make yourself sound completely ridiculous.
I'd say more like a complete prat.

unsure
31-03-2012, 11:02 PM
It is all very illuminating, this thread and the various FB threads. Good to see Q finally answered today. I wonder if there are meetings at QT discussing how to deal with this.

Do you remember that political comedy with Rebecca front (forgot the name of show) in it!id live to see a QVC version

stratobuddy
31-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Hmmm, did we have a troll in our midst (Wiki =one who incites on a forum). Shame, as we are genuine in this issue that has come to light and sincere in supporting MMF. Well-spotted Donna for that QVC release. Anyone else hear the clanketyclank as goalposts are being moved, under cover of darkness and on a non-business day? Heavy-duty spanners needed, methinks.

I've just worked it out - - - - - could it be the new HC incognito ?????

dingledangle
31-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Then why did you bother getting involved in the first place if that's your attitude? It's very immature of you to bow out when you can't or won't respond to a question. I think you posted on a very informative thread in order to make mischief but I'm afraid all you have achieved is to make yourself sound completely ridiculous. I'm sure I won't be alone in thinking this. Goodbye to you too.

Sorry, Gemma1, but I'm not sure how I actually 'made mischief' on this thread. How on earth can I be held responsible for QVC selling policy? How am I responsible for questions which should in all fairness be put to the QVC team? The one and only thing I advocated in this thread is personal responsibility and common sense, which actually ties in nicely (and quite fairly) with QVC's overall terms and conditions.

unsure
31-03-2012, 11:08 PM
You don't mean do you Snarly? Or am I being too sensitive being new and your post being under my post?

bags
31-03-2012, 11:13 PM
The trouble is with cosmetics persons are so different aren't they?

You see I'd use a heck more of a body product than say Jill Franks.

Then I'd use a lot less shampoo than someone with very greasy hair washing daily.

For those at home will use a lot more handwash than those out at work all day.

Chances are you'll use a lot more of your product if your skin's dry, as you've bought it to get your skin back into good condition.

Pinkpussycat
31-03-2012, 11:15 PM
No it's definately not Hoodie. He may have been slightly off the wall at times but he definately wasn't stupid.

bags
31-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Sorry, Gemma1, but I'm not sure how I actually 'made mischief' on this thread. How on earth can I be held responsible for QVC selling policy? How am I responsible for questions which should in all fairness be put to the QVC team? The one and only thing I advocated in this thread is personal responsibility and common sense, which actually ties in nicely (and quite fairly) with QVC's overall terms and conditions.

I think it would be best that QVC CS state T&C.

bags
31-03-2012, 11:18 PM

Either that or that new woman you have had that postcard today from.:angel:

stratobuddy
31-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Can someone who watches IW please pop over to the IW forum (there's hardly anyone there) and answer my post, otherwise how will I be able to sleep tonight?

Toril
31-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Can someone who watches IW please pop over to the IW forum (there's hardly anyone there) and answer my post, otherwise how will I be able to sleep tonight?

I don't watch IW but I've just replied to your post on that forum. Not sure if it will help you sleep though. :wink:

stratobuddy
31-03-2012, 11:32 PM
I don't watch IW but I've just replied to your post on that forum. Not sure if it will help you sleep though. :wink:

Thanks, I replied over there.

stratobuddy
31-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Off to bed soon, will there be 10,000 views of this thread when I get up tomorrow, I wonder?

'night all, off to my NN feather topper on top of my water bed.

bags
31-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Off to bed soon, will there be 10,000 views of this thread when I get up tomorrow, I wonder?

'night all, off to my NN feather topper on top of my water bed.

Far be it from me to tell you how you try out your NN topper.:blush:
:wink:just wondering how I'm now going to tell hubby who's been up since 6am, I'm the only one allowed to try out the NN bedding tonight :grin:

Gemma1
31-03-2012, 11:55 PM

I'm not suggesting for one minute that you be held responsible for QVC selling policy or for questions which should be put to QVC. I was merely asking (as you seem to know more about this particular subject than any other posters on this thread) how there could possibly be a general blanket rule of thumb for such a wide range of products. Q need to make absolutely clear their T&C's for returned items and make sure the presenters make it crystal clear to viewers which has not been the case in the past. I have to say, though,that I found your responses to Bags' posts very patronising and it didn't do you any favours . Sorry if you don't like this,but that's my opinion.

minim
01-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Jeepers

I trot off to watch 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo' and all this happens.

I take it that the general consensus is Q should sort out their T&Cs quick smart.

Kat73
01-04-2012, 12:26 AM
This is basic stuff for me the legal bod even though this is not my field of practice. If they say on air that there is a 30 day money back guarantee, no matter what you buy, and that the sheets can be slept in/cream can be used/bag can be carried/shoes can be worn/food can be eaten...(i could carry on....) for 30 days and if for whatever reason you change your mind you can send ot back for a full refund, under their money back guarantee, AND they dont state their terms and conditions, apply and point out exclusions, then they must refund you. a) their presenters are acting as their agent and therefore bind the company. b) at the point of sale (when you speak to the CS person/click the mouse/tap the app/use qcut )NO terms and conditions or exclusions are mentioned. Therefore they cannot wriggle out when it suits. Further more, there are also the DSR regs that include P and P. Whilst I agree that QVC may wish to put a stop to certain refunds on excessive useage depending on the product concerned, or they may wish to exclude certain items such as food, flowers or some personal care items, if they intend to do so they MUST get their presenters to say so on air, and have a message online when checking out, the person in the call centre mentioning it and a pre recorded message on Q cut. Whilst they are at it they should ensure the customers are told BY THE PRESENTERS ON AIR that the MGB only applies if less than 50% of items ordered in a 12 month period are returned.

QVC that will be 750 plus VAT as I don't do a free half hour, and I dont do easy pay.

Getting lots of bad publicity on this can only be a good thing for customers as sadly unless something like this happens QVC knows that the matters are too small to litigate over and it is frankly too much bloomin hassle to have to take it on yourself. Companies know this and get away with it because people let them.

Gemma1
01-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Thank you for the explanation Kat. Very helpful. Perhaps we should all take a stand.!

StumpyBloke
01-04-2012, 01:38 AM
OT...awesome film!!!

BOT...

jacqualina
01-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Normally I have found Q's CS to be very good, barring one ring which broke after about nine months and I found out their jewellery guarantee is only six months and they wouldn't do a thing about it, but that was years ago.
However, I find this whole saga unbelievable. I have heard them say on many occasions that you can use up the product and send back the empty pot within the 30 day mbg (perhaps not recently though). The negative publicity this has caused them must be enormous and their FB answer just makes them sound dodgy imo.
It makes me wonder whether it was one very silly person in CS who decided to take a stance and send the stuff back to Missy, not having the imagination to foresee the furore it may cause.
Their presenters NEVER mention the conditions and sub-clauses of the mbg because, of course, that would make it sound a lot less attractive. Entice the buyers with all the good, ignore the not so good and go with the hard sell with the likes of Debbie F. Well Q, they say all publicity is good publicity, but I really don't think that applies to a retail emporium :wink: like yourselves and I hope your extremely dubious stance on your mbg has been worth it for you.
You've been made to look complete fools and distinctly dodgy imo!

P.S. I'm not on Twitter or FB, so would be grateful if we could be kept up to date on any developments there - thanks Donna so far.

Pinkpussycat
01-04-2012, 08:36 AM
I agree with you Jacqualina. The negative thread here is bad enough for Q but the FB postings will be particularly damaging. I hope this goes all the way to Watchdog http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/.

unsure
01-04-2012, 09:47 AM
I agree with you Jacqualina. The negative thread here is bad enough for Q but the FB postings will be particularly damaging. I hope this goes all the way to Watchdog http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/.

I'm not brave enough to be featured on TV so I won't be reporting to Watchdog. I hope one of you seasoned shoppingtelly people will do so though...

bags
01-04-2012, 09:48 AM
:tongue:

This is all very well but before I have the credit card taken off me.

I'm I still refusing to let hubby sleep in our bed for 30 days or not?

Only the older than 30 days, back magic and pilates machine have been red hot this morning.

:cheeky:

Pinkpussycat
01-04-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm not brave enough to be featured on TV so I won't be reporting to Watchdog. I hope one of you seasoned shoppingtelly people will do so though...
I meant it would have to be reported by MissyMissy, or somebody else who'd had this stunt pulled on them by Q.

bags
01-04-2012, 11:35 AM

Bags could be missing for sometime: :wink:

I'll be setting up a Yankee tealight burner in the shed and an electric one in the garage, so I ensure it's only myself that samples them under the 30day MBG.

:grin:

Kat73
01-04-2012, 01:08 PM
But heaven forbid, how will I be able ti stop my husband pinching my Liz Earle. LOL AS IF! My burly kiwi hubby wouldn't be seen dead with his mits in my beauty products, but to hear the presenters talk this is such a common problem...

Boris Bear
01-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Carmel has just said we can try the Judith Williams perfume and use AS MUCH AS WE WANT over 30 days!

Toril
01-04-2012, 01:26 PM
In the Judith Williams show that's on at the moment, Carmel has just said (about the EDP) "Where else could you buy a perfume and try it as much as you like for 30 days and then return it if it's not for you?"

They need to get their facts straight!!! Use it a lot (more than half the bottle) and fall foul of their hidden terms if you send it back if you decide you don't like it, presumably. But they didn't say what WOULD happen ... and it was the small phials she was talking about.

Snap, Boris Bear! (sorry, I posted before I spotted yours.)

Akimbo
01-04-2012, 02:05 PM
So if I order these Diet Chef shakes I can drink 169ml from each carton and return them with impunity? :angel: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.400105.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

Now which flavour...decisions...decisions? :tongue:

Jude xx

missymissfabulous
01-04-2012, 03:09 PM
There isn't any small print .... totally agree on the rest

stratobuddy
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM
..... will there be 10,000 views of this thread when I get up tomorrow, I wonder?

Yes, well over that number now

missymissfabulous
01-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I had no idea this would have generated so much interest and support, of which I continue to thank you all !!!

I do hope when QVC receive the item for processing, they do so swiftly and without further delay to the 4 weeks since it was originally returned

Toril
01-04-2012, 05:49 PM
I had no idea this would have generated so much interest and support, of which I continue to thank you all !!!

I do hope when QVC receive the item for processing, they do so swiftly and without further delay to the 4 weeks since it was originally returned

Let's hope that one of the 'powers that be' read this thread so that they know the concerns that we all have about the misleading information that's given out during some of the shows.

donna255
02-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Well people on the QVC Facebook page are still going at this like a dog with a bone. Now QVC are just saying to email them with anything concerning the T&Ps. Many are saying in fact QVC do not have a leg to stand on over this as it is not mentioned and never has been in their T&Cs.

bags
02-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Well people on the QVC Facebook page are still going at this like a dog with a bone. Now QVC are just saying to email them with anything concerning the T&Ps. Many are saying in fact QVC do not have a leg to stand on over this as it is not mentioned and never has been in their T&Cs.

Not until now!

Was accounts will be closed if you send more than 50% back always in their T&C?

amn
02-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Not until now!

Yep, think that's the one where you get 'The Letter', as in 50% of your orders get returned over the year.

bags
02-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Yep, think that's the one where you get 'The Letter', as in 50% of your orders get returned over the year.

So has The Letter You've Returned More Than 50% always been in the T&C?

amn
02-04-2012, 02:53 PM
So has The Letter You've Returned More Than 50% always been in the T&C?

Dunno about always, but for a good while that I know of, when I heard the letter being discussed on here I had a look and saw it.

Posy
05-04-2012, 11:06 AM
I've only read some of this thread so apologies if someone else has made this point. A number of beauty TSVs contain sample sizes of product which are only meant to last for a week do how do the powers that be at QVC factor this into their 50% so called 'rule' ! Also some bathing products would use well over 50% if you were to have a bath every day for a month.

missymissfabulous
05-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes, it does include samples going from a post on their FB page - of course this clause is all "un official" and under the counter so to speak ....

Boris Bear
05-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Not until now!

9.3 in their terms and conditions says that they will work with customers who return a lot of items and if the returns rate remains extremely high they reserve the right to close the account. They don't actually say this on air but it is in the terms and conditions on the website.

Cabe
02-04-2013, 05:33 PM
I actually believe this 'policy' is unlawful rubbish -
Even though they are a TV Channel, they are still just a mail order catalogue and you can't tell what the goods are like until you get them home. I have read on other forums that some people complain about those complaining about QVC and say things like - "oh, what do you expect? 30 days means that people will use up and abuse the products and use the company as a loans site' ... well, if that is how THEY behave that's up to them, but I certainly do not and endeavour to never wear my clothing and return it asap, and I thing the most common reasons why most people return stuff is that the different brand sizes are chaotic and not universal, like Kim&Co and Lenny whatsit, which are all over the place even within their own product range, stuff like the colours are totally different onscreen than in daylight and the quality of some of the things they sell is really, really Not that good! Plus so many times they have send me the wrong things - over and over, and quite often my orders are never placed or even lost and I have to chase them up about them and reorder - so they really should be geared for people returning stuff - BIG TIME !

They say *30 days money back guarantee with NO questions asked* - right? We all know this, yet I have received letters stating I am sending back too much stuff and they have threatened me with closing my account!

The first time this happened I just shrugged my shoulders, the second time I wasn't taking it laying down because they really pizzed me off with their arrogant attitude and I wrote back to them asking them to explain themselves? (they never did of course). - and now the third time and this, I might add is over a period of 14 years... they have suddenly mentioned an over 50% returns policy, which I'm afraid I don't know anything about because they have never advertised this when they are happily impressing you with their 'no questions asked' bit on TV - ...

This third time, I am not only going to write back to them giving them a proper 'barracking', but I am also going to write and complain to the Trading Standards Ombudsman because what they are doing is definitely unlawful!
Whether you buy in a shop or not you should be able to take all your purchases back for a refund whether there is anything wrong with them or not, and the seller by law, has an obligation to give you a refund. All this 'no questions asked' bit is a load of Pap - sorry, but it is and there is absolutely no other mail order service, that does this to their customers, some tiny mail order companies even have FREE returns !

Not only that - they charge you double and triple postage so they already make tons of money out of you whether you return 100 percent of your purchases or not - and on top of that, they have the cheek to set up a pre-postage returns scheme, so not only are you paying double/triple postage on your item, but you can also pre-pay extra return postage if you decide to return it..! ( and LOL - you won't get it back if you don't! )

If all everyone does is complain on Forums then they will keep doing what they are doing and you will be the loser. People must start complaing to them and also to outside bodies who will investigate this behaviour and nip it in the bud.. Otherwise stop shopping with them and paying out all your money to them. If you really can't get the shopping bug out of your system, then go to Ideal World, they have a 14 day money back guarantee but you save big time on the postage. :)

Tinkerbelle
02-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I've recently done battle with an insurance company through the Ombudsman and, hand on heart, I wish you luck. It took hours of my time and I felt it was hugely weighted on the side of the insurer. It took me nearly a year to get a conclusion and you have to be 110% committed. I didn't win in the end but I did get compensation.

You need to get your ducks in a row and in the right order. And you do need to separate the two issues here. The MBG isn't the same as the 50% returns rule. The never refuse to give you your money back because you've returned more than 50% of your items. I think if you go after them it has to be on the 50% rule.

Tiddlywinks
02-04-2013, 09:41 PM
If anyone does wish to make a formal complaint they'll need to remember the following:

The terms and conditions are on the website - it's only those without Internet access that will not have access to them.

DSR only covers goods returned unused and in original condition.

QVC can choose to end it's trading relationship with anyone - that's not an illegal practice... Just like Debenhams can refuse to serve someone.

Not trying to defend them, just highlighting some facts.

spartacus
02-04-2013, 09:43 PM
I do think qvc should stand by their terms and if that means no quibble return so be it. Having said that personally I'd never dream of returning a product id half used. I try something and pretty much know straight away if I like it or not.

Weathergirl
02-04-2013, 09:50 PM
trouble is guys it's not "no quibble returns". It's "no quibble money back". As far as I understand it Q will always give a refund if it is returned within 30 days.For as long as they let you have a qvc account, that is. If they think a customer is abusing it they can close the account and that's where the 50% comes in.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

boffy
02-04-2013, 09:59 PM
I think its best to just avoid buying stuff you may have to return. most qvc clothes are a disappointment anyway and shoes for me are a no no. i don't like most of the make up returned most of them so don't bother. its all too tempting to think that qvc are selling something new and unique by the presentaions but the fact is its more than likely not the case. save your time and money

DebraJane
03-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Are we celebrating the anniversary of this thread starting for a specific reason and is there a reason it's here and in the main QVC section?

Diamond Diva
03-04-2013, 10:06 AM
I thought it odd too DJ when I read it yesterday

Aranlady
03-05-2013, 02:34 PM
I've had craft items sent to me with half the contents before - and had to explain why I wanted to return them! Bloody cheek if you ask me. But, since Create & Craft opened their doors, I've spent very little (if anything) at QVC and in fact haven't ordered from them in over a year. Incidentally, re beauty items, I actually had to explain why I was allergic to Liz Earl cleanse & polish, and Gatineau as well. I ask you - do they require a doctors certificate as well?

Akimbo
03-05-2013, 08:00 PM
That constitutes quibbling in my opinion Aranlady!

Jude xx