Yet More £10 Credit

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
Yet another £10 credit promotion has started.

I am beginning to wonder if they really are struggling. Then again could they be offering different credit's with different validity periods just to confuse people?

Who knows but it has all the signs of a company that is in trouble. I think a far simpler way of getting sales is to actually get some products in that are compelling, must have items.

The product line is cheap and stale and I think that is being generous. Just yesterday even Birkett openly said that he always has the same products on sale. I think some new on air talent would help too, there are way too many very average, one trick ponies that are simply not versatile enough to mix things up to engage an audience.

I'd love to see some of the assistants/models like Rezzy and Jenny given a chance. There's so much dead wood that are devastatingly dull and predictable, many are not even particularly likeable either. It looks to me like a recipe for disaster.

A purge of products and presenters is desperately needed, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Yeh, I agree. They need new products that are not just cheap tacky jewellery or endless gardening crap or just crap own branded stuff.

Get some decent brands with genuine bargain prices. Surely their buying department should have a bit more clout with well-known suppliers.

The network is indeed stale and is on it's way out.

Yeh, I agree. They need new products that are not just cheap tacky jewellery or endless gardening crap or just crap own branded stuff.

Get some decent brands with genuine bargain prices. Surely their buying department should have a bit more clout with well-known suppliers.

The network is indeed stale and is on it's way out.

I totally agree Greg, it is dire to watch now. As much as I criticise certain presenters it must be utterly soul destroying selling endless crap so in that respect I do have a little bit of sympathy for them. My goodness, the other week Birkett had to sell plastic Food Bags, how on earth can you big that up?

And I am sick to death of cheap, unheard of fragrances and Peter Shylock treating us like ****** morons with his shocked look at the prices. Most of them are probably not even worth the delivery charge, in fact several (the Yacht Man range) are sold on the high street for £3 less than just the P+P.

He never did answer the questions about Laurelle did he? Mind you, he dosen't need to. We found out the stink comes from a shitty Essex Industrial Estate.

207 Regent Street my arse!

Agreed! Instead of trying to lure customers back with misleading offers and worthless vouchers, what about some decent products and decent prices? and an email address to write to. I can only imagine that they're in such a mess now that more shoddy tactics and more crap products is the only viable way forward for them. The product ranges are plucked from the lowest end of the high street....Poundstretcher, Savers, Home Bargains, all great shops that we all undoubtedly use from time to time, but imagine they added £6 to all of their prices - We'd soon stop shopping there wouldn't we? (I didn't add the whole cost of the extras, as to be fair the goods are delivered to you).

I think, sort of sadly, 'cause they give us a lot to talk about and the "occasional" good deal, the only way is "under". Plastic egg boilers, food bags, packets of seeds - not the sort of thing you'd expect to buy from a shopping channel, also available in the poundshop. I've also noticed that if they are going to sell a geniunely "high end" product, then they'll sell if for a high end price. I think the glue that's holding them together at the moment is the spending addicts, and I hate to say it, the elderly and vulnerable. More mainstream shoppers are leaving in their droves, as tactics get shadier, and the product range gets crappier.

PS...207 Regent street may have been true, probably an empty shop with a pvc facia, a pile of boxes and a geezer with a microphone! I actually saw that in Oxford street about a year ago!

I did actually buy some laurelle perfumes, I bought the chocolate/sweetie ones, and the quality's really good, and they have staying power. I don't know about the rest of the range, but if it's anything like this, then they're worth getting, the bottles they come in are fab - They need to sell them for what they are, unknown, but good cheapy fragrances!

Last edited:
Agreed! Instead of trying to lure customers back with misleading offers and worthless vouchers, what about some decent products and decent prices? and an email address to write to. I can only imagine that they're in such a mess now that more shoddy tactics and more crap products is the only viable way forward for them. The product ranges are plucked from the lowest end of the high street....Poundstretcher, Savers, Home Bargains, all great shops that we all undoubtedly use from time to time, but imagine they added £6 to all of their prices - We'd soon stop shopping there wouldn't we? (I didn't add the whole cost of the extras, as to be fair the goods are delivered to you).

I think, sort of sadly, 'cause they give us a lot to talk about and the "occasional" good deal, the only way is "under". Plastic egg boilers, food bags, packets of seeds - not the sort of thing you'd expect to buy from a shopping channel, also available in the poundshop. I've also noticed that if they are going to sell a geniunely "high end" product, then they'll sell if for a high end price. I think the glue that's holding them together at the moment is the spending addicts, and I hate to say it, the elderly and vulnerable. More mainstream shoppers are leaving in their droves, as tactics get shadier, and the product range gets crappier.

PS...207 Regent street may have been true, probably an empty shop with a pvc facia, a pile of boxes and a geezer with a microphone! I actually saw that in Oxford street about a year ago!

I did actually buy some laurelle perfumes, I bought the chocolate/sweetie ones, and the quality's really good, and they have staying power. I don't know about the rest of the range, but if it's anything like this, then they're worth getting, the bottles they come in are fab - They need to sell them for what they are, unknown, but good cheapy fragrances!

Merry, 207 Regent Street is a 'Virtual Address' used by loads and loads of companies to give them some gravitas, it's a common trick.

Nothing illegal about it though, just a bit shady that's all.

http://www.hold-everything.com/contact/

Blimey! that's ridiculous, and seems pointless until you realise that they're acting on the basis of people taking everything they read and hear at face value, and many people do. Did see Laurelle being sold on Oxford st though, it was such a "low end" production it would be better described as "no end", and there's seemingly no end to the dodgy tactics with these channels and their associates!

Totally agree. I love to cook and also love gardening. There is nothing they sell in these lines that is worth buying. The clothes they sell look cheap & tacky and are so badly shown off, that I can't imagine anyone seriously buying them. The perfume can be bought cheaper, even with postage, at cheapsmells and play.com knocks them into oblivion on music CD's and DVD's.

Sally was on last night with a new range of clothing, PAGO PAGO

IW used to sell it a couple of years ago

It was selling very quickly and not cheap either. £14.99 on average, plus all the extras. IMO it's vile but each to their own. Sally and Jenny were in raptures over it.

For me it's an inferior take off of Kim & Co. on QVC

Sally was on last night with a new range of clothing, PAGO PAGO

IW used to sell it a couple of years ago

It was selling very quickly and not cheap either. £14.99 on average, plus all the extras. IMO it's vile but each to their own. Sally and Jenny were in raptures over it.

For me it's an inferior take off of Kim & Co. on QVC

Sally and Jenny are paid to be in raptures over it! It's obvious neither of them would be seen dead in it outside of work, though I suppose the millions (ha ha) of viewers know they've been made to wear the stuff! I would love to hear a conversation between them before, or after the show, and you can betcha life that words like fantastic, stylish, and chic weren't being bandied around. At least Helen was able to get away with just saying "Ooooh Pago Pago, me mum loves this brand" - I doubt whether it's true for one minute, but at least slightly more feasible! Can you imagine the three of them strutting around Manchester's trendiest venues wearing trousers with lacky waistbands and orthopaedic style shoes? Perhaps they should get Frumplestiltskin to demo all the frumpy stuff, It might give the shows a bit more credibility!

Going back to Pago Pago....I agree Momma it's heinous!

When will the promotion end? It seems to be offered continuously. Its still not tempting me much.

Agree with you all. Bid seem to be really struggling - and this whole voucher thing just seems absolutely desperate.

It's like they just don't get that people want to see decent products, at acceptable prices, and to be entertained by the presenters in the mean time. At the moment, they have a set of egg boilers for £7.99 postage and a £1.50 phone call....it's like they WANT the channel to close.

It's all so very dull, depressing and devastatingly predictable.

Egg Makers, Solar Lights, Compost. Plant Bulbs, Industrial Estate Stinks.

I'm convinced Sit Up have got in a shed load of products that even the most moronic presenters will find hard to mis-sell. I'm at the point i'd welcome a return to some crap gold plated Tanzo or a few Triplet Shitlets just to add some variety.

Last edited:
The gardening on Bid with that woman bores me rigid so I switched to Price Drop. They have had the Scrubbing Pads (again), that ****** awful Polyester Poppy Bed Spread (again) then the plastic Picture Frames (again). I thought it couldn't get any more predictable but then they also moved onto gardening, a Peach Tree.

Apparently the Dongle is coming up soon.

Latest posts

Back