Phone buyers only again.. £1 Birthday deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mirabelle

Registered Shopper
Phone buyers only again.. £1 Birthday deals

:17:It's just not fair...Phone buyers only again......
£1 deals over the Birthday celebrations!!!!!!!!!

"Why can't they do a few games of each..some for phone users and some for us web buyers...
Come on Gems play fair!!...you'll have no need for any £1 games soon if you carry on alienating all your web customers.:58:

A very upset web customer...I can soon become an upset ex customer!

I've just see the promo for that mirabelle and they said to 'make it fair' phone buyers only - don't understand how that's making it fair by excluding web buyers again from any of these £1 promo's if they wanted to be fair games to be open to all there customers. Not a very happy web buyer here gemstv :(
I for one won't be phoning in for any of these games!

I have to say disappointed again by the £1 being only phone bidders have purchased quite a bit over the yrs however only ever purchased over the phone once during a live aution and a couple of time through personal shopper. Why do Gems feel that it only fair for phone bidders maybe someone there will have a bit of savvy and include web games too. :17:

:rolleyes: It's supposedley because we web buyers are quicker at clicking on the mouse than they are at dialling on the phone.....

"So i still say make it fair Gems!!..... and do some games for each of us....
Phone/web buyers alike...we can but hope and :51: someone takes notice of us this time.

Mirabelle :40:

GTV were initially happy to encourage web buyers. They are now alienating them. They haven't listened to the dislike of the new website. In fact, they appear to listen to nothing.

They discourage loyal buyers by unfair acts. (Cleopatra & Mummy Bear.)

This, despite the fact they have a fearsome new competitor in Rocks - where some of their best presenters have gone.

Sorry GTV, I think you're a yesterday channel.

Before January 2008, I spent a considerable amount with GTV. I now spend nothing. I believe I'm not alone in this.

Meggie

Why is it unfair to buy on the web?? There is no way that they can say it's quicker on the web when it's apparent that people are sitting with the phone in their hands and instead of clicking once they are pressing one button to confirm! Clicking once or pressing once - which is quicker?? I'd say they are both around the same. Maybe I'm missing something here but no doubt someone will tell me soon enough if I am!

And isn't there a 'press option 3' button now,when you phone.......to make it quicker by not speaking to a call centre rep?

I understand that you can hang on this line too to snatch the next game and the next etc etc.....to make things QUICKER!!

But oh no Gems......it's those nasty, trigger happy, mouse pressing customers that have to be excluded to make it fair in your esteemed opinion!

Bah!!!

Can you tell it's my PMT week!!!!:54:

pressing the No.3 it's a voice recognition option

And isn't there a 'press option 3' button now,when you phone.......to make it quicker by not speaking to a call centre rep?

I understand that you can hang on this line too to snatch the next game and the next etc etc.....to make things QUICKER!!

But oh no Gems......it's those nasty, trigger happy, mouse pressing customers that have to be excluded to make it fair in your esteemed opinion!

Bah!!!

Can you tell it's my PMT week!!!!:54:

Hi Sweetpea :1:

Yes pressing the no.3 is a voice recognition option... you stil have to speak..oops another bright idea :45: from Gems.
as for trigger happy mouse snatchers... I only have a squeak for a voice lol!

So "How would anyone do that one with no voice"!!?.. I ask in amazement!!!!
this just gets more frustrating by the minute,
if it wasn't so funny:18:..I'd :17: ha ha lol!!!!!!!...

"See you tonight Sweetpea at the Rockaholics ballroom"

Mirabelle xxx :40:

Last edited:
they should have a Qcut arrangement like QVC do so you can press the buttons on your phone instead of speaking and enter the payment details if not to be put on your previous card.

evidently web buyers are not as welcome as they were. perhaps we're too fickle for them!

badly described automated system...not a bright Idea

they should have a Qcut arrangement like QVC do so you can press the buttons on your phone instead of speaking and enter the payment details if not to be put on your previous card.

evidently web buyers are not as welcome as they were. perhaps we're too fickle for them!

Hiya Sammi,:1:
Gems do have a new automated system called voice recognition....
(Bad choice of description) by pressing option 3 you can either say your details or use the keypad to enter any details i.e house no. and or last 4 digits of the last card used.

No-one at Gems has said on air that you can do the keypad thing...
instead of speaking,all they do is just repeat press option 3 for the voice recognition "gets you through quicker" blarney! meaning you must speak in my point of view.

A lovely lady called Glinda on here, and our very own Argey have found this out yesterday...by pressing this option 3 as an experiment....and can you snatch the £1 items lol...if your "speedy gonzales" maybe:54:

So why hasn't this facility been properly explained on air.:6:

Good Idea of yours though Sammi GCut...like Qcut..

Luv, Mirabelle :40:

Why is it unfair to buy on the web?? There is no way that they can say it's quicker on the web when it's apparent that people are sitting with the phone in their hands and instead of clicking once they are pressing one button to confirm! Clicking once or pressing once - which is quicker?? I'd say they are both around the same. Maybe I'm missing something here but no doubt someone will tell me soon enough if I am!

Playing devil's advocate again here, if your computer is on, and you're watching via the web and/or tv, it is quicker to press the BUY NOW button than to wait for the number to dial and get the automated message, unless you phone up for every single game in anticipation of a £1 game - but I can't believe people have the time or the inclination to do that.

I know this isn't a popular move on GTV's part, but I can't believe my Mum and Dad are the only people who watch on Freeview and don't have internet access, thereby making it virtually impossible for them or the countless others in the same boat to even stand a remote chance of getting a £1 bargain if internet buyers are allowed.

I've tried the Press 3 option, and using the keypad only, found it simple to use, although doubt it would be quick enough in the case of the £1 items.

Yet again, it seems that the 'system' is still allocating £1 items to buyers when there is insufficient stock!!! The disappointment to buyers who think they've got a bargain only to find they haven't, must be undoing any potential positive advertising of this 'giveaway' campaign - total madness!!!

:doggie:

Latest posts

Back