Do you think they are looking around?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
Not just in front of the camera, but the folk behind the scenes must be wondering how long these channels can limp along. If they wait for them to close, there will be quite a few looking for new jobs in TV and let's face it, shopping channel experience on your CV isn't exactly going to have them fighting a path to your door is it? Likewise the entertainment industry is focused more on young dynamic people and the fact on your CV that you once worked on a cruise ship, isn't going to impress them a bit if you are over 25! And they certainly don't want failed actors/comics/singers etc

I hope some are secretly getting their CV's out there now. I watched a bit of the channels this afternoon while I was prepping
some lace bobbins and they are dire... cooking and gardening selling stuff anyone interested in cooking or gardening wouldn't touch with a barge pole. And anyone just starting out could get the stuff cheaper on the high street or through things like play.com which offer free postage.

The situps are really looking jaded, cheap, tacky, tired and desperate. Its sad when you remember how good they were just a few years ago

Not just in front of the camera, but the folk behind the scenes must be wondering how long these channels can limp along. If they wait for them to close, there will be quite a few looking for new jobs in TV and let's face it, shopping channel experience on your CV isn't exactly going to have them fighting a path to your door is it? Likewise the entertainment industry is focused more on young dynamic people and the fact on your CV that you once worked on a cruise ship, isn't going to impress them a bit if you are over 25! And they certainly don't want failed actors/comics/singers etc

I hope some are secretly getting their CV's out there now. I watched a bit of the channels this afternoon while I was prepping
some lace bobbins and they are dire... cooking and gardening selling stuff anyone interested in cooking or gardening wouldn't touch with a barge pole. And anyone just starting out could get the stuff cheaper on the high street or through things like play.com which offer free postage.

The situps are really looking jaded, cheap, tacky, tired and desperate. Its sad when you remember how good they were just a few years ago

Indeed Hillary, I think the quite astonishing collapse in standards on these miserable channels can possibly be traced back to when they were sold by Virgin Media in 2009 to Aurelius.

Unless I was Dirty Peter or Guy Kean (who are probably ready for the compost heap anyway) I think if I was an on air presenter I would certainly be looking for alternative employment before their reputation is irrevocably damaged. Paul Becque may well have played the fool on air but I think he's made a very shrewd move getting out while his good name is still intact.

Then again some of the presenters are very lucky to be on TV, even on this dreadful network. I have been watching Mark Ryes this afternoon and to say it is a chore to watch him is being polite. And as for Chris Birkett over on Price Drop, I don't know how to describe him other than he does at least exceed my expectations, which are nil.

Who is that girl on PD now? She's just shown a 'gorgeous' bag and said 'oh it's the other one' and went to a bigger 'gorgeous' bag

Neither of them were

Things just get worse

You just beat me to it Momma.

I think she might have appeared on Bid Plus but i'm not totally sure. Did you hear her informative description of the saw? Something like 'we have this amazing, brilliant saw, it's brilliant'.

I'd rather watch her than Birkett and Bod though, she couldn't possibly be worse (well, certainly not as dull anyway). However, if she thinks those Boxies are sexy she must have led a very sheltered life, I doubt Marina Berry wouldn't describe them like that :grin:

Last edited:
You just beat me to it Momma.

I think she might have appeared on Bid Plus but i'm not totally sure. Did you hear her informative description of the saw? Something like 'we have this amazing, brilliant saw, it's brilliant'.

I'd rather watch her than Birkett and Bod though, she couldn't possibly be worse (well, certainly not as dull anyway).

She's all over the shop lol

She's all over the shop lol

She's nicked the Jolly Green Giant's outfit!

Jolly.jpg

Has pocket sized Mark Ryes gone for a tea break?

I lost count how many times he said pocket size this afternoon, does he think it makes him appear cute and likable?

When he was selling pillows he was going on about being single again. He said he sleeps alone in a double bed and it's nice to change to the other pillow as it's cool but that it's one of the few advantages of being single.

He dosen't exactly sell himself does he? I think he and Guy Kean would make a nice couple. I can just picture their family christmas cards :giggle:

Last edited:
I lost count how many times he said pocket size this afternoon, does he think it makes him appear cute and likable?

When he was selling pillows he was going on about being single again. He said he sleeps alone in a double bed and it's nice to change to the other pillow as it's cool but that it's one of the few advantages of being single.

He dosen't exactly sell himself does he? I think he and Guy Kean would make a nice couple. I can just picture their family christmas cards :giggle:

Yes I saw him lol

I doubt his status is going to change any time soon if he keeps harping on about being pocket sized

What is he 4 foot?

Yes I saw him lol

I doubt his status is going to change any time soon if he keeps harping on about being pocket sized

What is he 4 foot?

Aye Momma, and 4 foot 1 when he jumps.

Rarely have I came across a more annoying little goblin, and boy does he have an attitude.

He's full of himself, you can see the disdain on the assistants faces when they're on with him. I bet he's not the most popular person with his colleagues.

Eh up, she's gone to the same school as the others

'Is that price correct?'

At least Rezzy has come to help her out

Oh I know, dreadful.

Did you see her selling those terrible plastic loafers? 'are you a size 10 because if so these shoes are for you'. The merchandise is particularly bad this evening, shocking.

Oh I know, dreadful.

Did you see her selling those terrible plastic loafers? 'are you a size 10 because if so these shoes are for you'. The merchandise is particularly bad this evening, shocking.

Does she realise she's not on the radio and we can see her trying to squash a plastic shoe, saying how soft it is? It just aint happening dear.

Does she realise she's not on the radio and we can see her trying to squash a plastic shoe, saying how soft it is? It just aint happening dear.

I can only assume she's an intern, that's the only explanation for her performance.

Do you remember 'Dave' who did an hour or two a few weeks ago? Whatever happened to him ha ha.

Latest posts

Back