My reason for being upset at phone only £1 celebrations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mirabelle

Registered Shopper
My reason for being upset at phone only £1 celebrations

:28: My reason for being upset at the phone only £1 celebrations....

"Don't get me too wrong I love Gemstv, and would take this opportunity to wish them a very Happy 4th Birthday, I've loved every minute.:35:

But I'm a trifle upset at this yet again,I cannot use a phone!... I am disabled and have a voice problem which prevents my use of phones as I cannot speak... hence why I am a web buyer in the first place....so it would appear yet again that I cannot play on the web and join in these celebrations...

"So I for one do not call this fair play to all"!!! as the advert clearly states this time phone buyers only.
What about those with no voice then Gems!!!!?, any solutions to that?:28:

A very upset Mirabelle:17:

Just playing devils advocate here Mirabelle, my Mum and Dad are regular buyers, but don't have internet access, so if it were available on the web, they'd stand absolutely no chance whatsoever of ever grabbing a £1 bargain either!

Don't know what the solution is to this one, bit of a conundrum!

:doggie:

Good grief i had no idea,that must be difficult to cope with Mirrabelle big hugs xxxx

Good grief i had no idea,that must be difficult to cope with Mirrabelle big hugs xxxx

:1: I do get by ok Snoopy, but this is why I'm sooo glad I have the internet
to communicate!.

"Thank you for the big hugs" feeling a little better for that!! lol :1:

Mirabelle xxxx

My solution would be this....

Just playing devils advocate here Mirabelle, my Mum and Dad are regular buyers, but don't have internet access, so if it were available on the web, they'd stand absolutely no chance whatsoever of ever grabbing a £1 bargain either!

Don't know what the solution is to this one, bit of a conundrum!

:doggie:

:1:Hi M4G...many thanks for your post.. yes it is a bit of a conundrum isn't it!?

My only solution to this would be if.......
Gems played some £1 telephone games and some £1 web only games...
at least that way we can safely say "They are being fair to all"

I for one cannot see any reason why they won't do that!! it's fairer all round.

Mirabelle xxxx :40:

Hi Mirabelle,

As you know, I too am disabled, so I do see your point very well even though I can use the phone as I have a headset and the phone hooks onto my clothing. However, I would prefer to use the internet as it is more comfortable. On bad days I can only make calls in the morning after my carer comes to hook me up, then she has to unhook me before she leaves.

However, having said that, I can see Gems's problem as well. If they do separate games for internet and phone they would have to give warning, albeit brief, and that would mess up the game somewhat. I did also notice last time they did this, that by the second day, absolutely everything was going in a flash. We webbers can be our own worst enemies at times, I suspect a lot of people were just putting everything into their baskets and then tossing them out if they didn't go for £1.

I think for them to be totally inclusive, they would have to come up with an entirely different game/competition.

Let's hope our guardian angel, DEREK, is watching over and could chat with "them upstairs" about it.

Luv
Argey

:1:Hi M4G...many thanks for your post.. yes it is a bit of a conundrum isn't it!?

My only solution to this would be if.......
Gems played some £1 telephone games and some £1 web only games...
at least that way we can safely say "They are being fair to all"

I for one cannot see any reason why they won't do that!! it's fairer all round.

Mirabelle xxxx :40:

Absolutely Mira - am totally with you on this one.

Thanks for your post Argey

Hi Mirabelle,

As you know, I too am disabled, so I do see your point very well even though I can use the phone as I have a headset and the phone hooks onto my clothing. However, I would prefer to use the internet as it is more comfortable. On bad days I can only make calls in the morning after my carer comes to hook me up, then she has to unhook me before she leaves.

However, having said that, I can see Gems's problem as well. If they do separate games for internet and phone they would have to give warning, albeit brief, and that would mess up the game somewhat. I did also notice last time they did this, that by the second day, absolutely everything was going in a flash. We webbers can be our own worst enemies at times, I suspect a lot of people were just putting everything into their baskets and then tossing them out if they didn't go for £1.

I think for them to be totally inclusive, they would have to come up with an entirely different game/competition.

Let's hope our guardian angel, DEREK, is watching over and could chat with "them upstairs" about it.

Luv
Argey

:1: Thanks for your post Argey...I do see where you are coming from..:1:

But I still think they could do it Argey at a push if they really wanted to..by splitting the days £1 items between phone/web buyers....
i.e split the jewelery and the days up, they must know in advance how many £1 items are going to be played, and after all they are on air from 8am-2am next day...and they are doing these games for a full week!.
So plenty of opportunities for them to do both...thus keeping everyone happy!!

Much luv to you Argey,

Mirabelle xxxx:40:

Last edited:
Mirabelle (hug)

Gems as a company are not supposed to differentiate between web and telephone bidders, if they follow Equality & Diversity practices (as should every company in the country) they should know that you cannot treat anyone who is not as able any differently to anyone who is 100% able.
I can see Mrs Mads point as well and think your idea of for every telephone £1 thingy there should be a web only one too and the problem would be sorted.

I'm sorry, I had no idea either, thank god for the internet eh? xxx

Hi Mirabelle, have you written to them about this? Maybe they could take your ideas into consideration for the next time they do something like this. But we do know they read this forum, so fingers crossed.

Hugs
grouphug2.gif

thanks everyone

:1: I would like to say a big thanks to you all for your posts and support!
You are a great bunch of people!!!!!!!!!.

I wouldn't really have started this thread, only I just felt I had to air my view somehow, and get other people's thoughts on the matter!

Best wishes to you all.

Mirabelle xxxx:40:

Hi Mirabelle,hun:10:

It is unfair that your situation makes it impossible to join these special games.

I have not watched GTV much recently,so did not know about this £1 thingy.After the last similar event debacle(people having things removed from baskets etc) I am sure that is why they have stated phone only bidding.

The truth of the matter is though.......Gems are not doing this to say thanks to customers on their birthday,it is a way to get more people watching and buying the higher priced stuff and to rid themselves of old stock that isn't selling on the web.

Am I a cynic!!

More than likely!

Fair to all.............no Gems it isn't:54:

And are these games gonna make me watch and buy from you again?

Sorry but no........you have changed fundamentally and not in a good way!!

Don't think they would care!!

Hi Mirabelle, have you written to them about this? Maybe they could take your ideas into consideration for the next time they do something like this. But we do know they read this forum, so fingers crossed.

Hugs
grouphug2.gif

:1:Hi Marion..many thanks for your points of view...
But I don't think even writing in to them would make the slightest difference!.

I feel that I possibly am not alone, there must be other customers or potential customers out there, who like me and have no voice, or possibly maybe even deaf and cannot use a phone...:33:

So I feel that Gems are being discriminate..."Phone buyers only"!!!!.........
Where is the fairness in this!? :58:

Rant over....I cannot be bothered anymore!

Thanks again Marion..
Best wishes,

Mirabelle xx :40:

Hi All

I agree with Mirabelle, I don't have phone access - landline but too expensive on my mobile.

I do most of my buying on web.

Gems should do £1 games for phone and web buyers. Although they would have to redesign basket format as people do put items in basket & then dump them when price doesn't go to £1.

I am surprised that not only is Gems doing £1 drops again but for a whole week so it must work on some level for them.

To change subject for a moment, there's been no further comment on recycling unwanted/ excess jewelry boxes and that Gems & customers could benefit from this green policy?

Lin:63:

Hi Everyone,

It wouldn't hurt for them to take a leaf out of Rocks's book, who very quickly re-organised their competition to make it accessible, as soon as they realised they had disabled customers.

Something very similar happened last year. I cannot recall what the game was, but once again webbers were locked out. I wrote to them at that time actually quoting the DDA at them but I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply. Hmm that sounds familiar. Then there was the time when one of their rings ripped a silk blouse I was wearing. The prongs hadn't all been pushed down. I made it quite clear that I was not looking for compensation as it was an old blouse, guess what - not so much as an apology, never mind the question of refunded postage.

So sad that what had been such a friendly and fun channel, has turned into just another hard sell site. Individuals on the front line are charming and helpful, but the roots are going rotten.

I'm hooked up this morning, and will be hopefully for most of the week, so if I can get a couple of pieces, that'll be one each for you and me Mira.

Lots of luv to everyone
Argey

Hugs to both Mirabelle and Argey, and anyone else being discriminated against - so unfair.
I don't buy by phone either - because I don't have a landline! However, I'm so bored by what's on offer most of the time I can't say I'm bothered.

So sorry to hear about this Mirabelle and Argey. It shouldn't be beyond Gems to organise something to suit everybody. Would either of you like me to phone up and ask to speak to a supervisor to put your points across for you? Just let me know and I'll give it a try.

Aww Thanks Argey!!

Hi Everyone,

It wouldn't hurt for them to take a leaf out of Rocks's book, who very quickly re-organised their competition to make it accessible, as soon as they realised they had disabled customers.

Something very similar happened last year. I cannot recall what the game was, but once again webbers were locked out. I wrote to them at that time actually quoting the DDA at them but I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply. Hmm that sounds familiar. Then there was the time when one of their rings ripped a silk blouse I was wearing. The prongs hadn't all been pushed down. I made it quite clear that I was not looking for compensation as it was an old blouse, guess what - not so much as an apology, never mind the question of refunded postage.

So sad that what had been such a friendly and fun channel, has turned into just another hard sell site. Individuals on the front line are charming and helpful, but the roots are going rotten.

I'm hooked up this morning, and will be hopefully for most of the week, so if I can get a couple of pieces, that'll be one each for you and me Mira.

Lots of luv to everyone
Argey

"Aww what a lovely gesture Argey!!!... thank you for being so kind! :1:
but do they really deserve our custom anymore though?

Luv to all,

Mirabelle xxx:40:

Latest posts

Back