Someone needs to take Peter aside for a quiet word...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodluckifyageddit

Registered Shopper
Had PS on tonight burbling away in the background while I was working...first time in a while I've watched the show all the way through...jeez, the atmosphere in that studio is funereal to say the least. I was watching Peter bigging up the moissonite jewellry, coming out with the usual BS - while that footage of the the stars and planets played onscreen. It was like watching a cult recruitment video...Peter droning away and the images onscreen. I almost nodded off !

Peter is no longer the man for these Friday/Saturday late nighters. These shows should be lively and fun to attract the potentially big non-football loving audience. I don't know if he thinks he's untouchable, or if he's unapproachable but someone should be telling him it's time to move to another slot at least. Stumbling through a few ancient jokes at the start and then droning on for three hours does not make good telly.

What is the point of having an assistant on there (apart from being a disembodied hand modelling a ring or bracelet). If I were working with him I'd feel offended. Does he have such an ego that he wants it to be a one-person show? Or do the assistants not like interacting with him. He seems a lot livelier on his Monday afternoon slot - same BS, but at least there's some banter with the co-host.

He used to be entertaining on this channel...now it seems like he's trying to do a one-man salvage act for the channel with the constant hard sell.

Last edited:
Had PS on tonight burbling away in the background while I was working...first time in a while I've watched the show all the way through...jeez, the atmosphere in that studio is funereal to say the least. I was watching Peter bigging up the moissonite jewellry, coming out with the usual BS - while that footage of the the stars and planets played onscreen. It was like watching a cult recruitment video...Peter droning away and the images onscreen. I almost nodded off !

Peter is no longer the man for these Friday/Saturday late nighters. These shows should be lively and fun to attract the potentially big non-football loving audience. I don't know if he thinks he's untouchable, or if he's unapproachable but someone should be telling him it's time to move to another slot at least. Stumbling through a few ancient jokes at the start and then droning on for three hours does not make good telly.

What is the point of having an assistant on there (apart from being a disembodied hand modelling a ring or bracelet). If I were working with him I'd feel offended. Does he have such an ego that he wants it to be a one-person show? Or do the assistants not like interacting with him. He seems a lot livelier on his Monday afternoon slot - same BS, but at least there's some banter with the co-host.

He used to be entertaining on this channel...now it seems like he's trying to do a one-man salvage act for the channel with the constant hard sell.

Excellent post, I completely agree with what you say.

Two words sum up this terminally ill group of channels, and what is wrong with them. Peter Simon.

He's encapsulates all their problems. Uncontemporary, stale, predictable, inaccurate and incompetent.

Last edited:
He's not funny and the act he has lifted from Larry Grayson is a poor imitation. Get rid of him. The channel says that those of us 'no longer in the first flush of youth' find him endearing. No we don't! His presentation is appalling, his jokes are feeble and his innuendo give the impression that he's a dirty old man. He is in no way typical of we pensioners.

I agree. I used to enjoy watching him but he really is a shadow of his former self willing to spout any old bullsgit to gain sales from vulnerable and elderly people. He's the television equivalent of a cowboy trader. Nasty piece of work in a nasty tv network.

I agree with everyone, get rid of him. Funny he is not, a good salesman, he is not, well that's if you don't count the amount of products he mis-sells everytime he goes on air, appropriate he is not, and what's more, he gives me the creeps!

Do you know what? I can see him presenting some kind of psuedo religious programme, like Jess Yates in the 70's with Stars on Sunday - Worry Angels on Wednesday.

I agree. I used to enjoy watching him but he really is a shadow of his former self willing to spout any old bullsgit to gain sales from vulnerable and elderly people. He's the television equivalent of a cowboy trader. Nasty piece of work in a nasty tv network.

This is the best description of him I have ever heard

I do get that when selling something that is more and unusual you would need to adopt a more formal presentation but the trouble is after his opening gambit most of his stuff is the same serious sleep inducing style even when selling carpet cleaner. Ditch the opening monologue and work on some clean jokes which you can intersperse throughout the evening. Just because he is post watershed it doesn't mean it is the right show for smut.

For all his faults Mike Mason does have charisma and keeps me watching. I notice Peter copied Mike in thanking the crew at the end. No just copy done other best bits of Mike and will be like PS off old.

PJ.

For all his faults Mike Mason does have charisma and keeps me watching. I notice Peter copied Mike in thanking the crew at the end. No just copy done other best bits of Mike and will be like PS off old.

PJ.

Hasn't Peter always done this? Especially on Friday/ Saturday nights for close down

said something a few weeks ago

even he is bored to death of these friday and saturday night shows

at least on a monday afternoon he makes a bit of an effort

I think Peter Simon would make a great evangelist or maybe he should start his own cult. Could be a money spinner if Sit Up do indeed go under.

What a brilliant thread; just the thought of taking PS aside for a quiet word makes me smile..........I don't think he'd listen as I believe his ego is so big it can be seen standing on another planet!
Everything everyone says I agree with. The bumbling elderly person routine doesn't work, he just looks ridiculous; the Larry Grayson smutty innuendo routine doesn't work, he just looks like a dirty old perv and the 'I'm really serious about this product' routine (you know, spotlight, pedestal, violins etc.) doesn't work either, he just ends up looking like a bent evangelical preacher with constipation!
I know SitUp are under the impression that he's popular with the more mature viewer because of his endearing ways but I suggest they've never actually asked anyone for their thoughts and feelings in the way of an opinion poll..................hmmmm, a SitUp channels customer/viewer survey,what a great idea!!
I might forward that idea to the CEO, I'll even design the questionnaire for them!!

I'm not making this up,these are actually the names of the buyers who were revolving at the bottom of the screen a few moments ago ..Doris..Minnie...Gwen..Iris....Gladys..Rose...!!!!!!!!!
They were buying a Skin Pharmacy product from the contemptible Peter Simon.What a way to make a living,baffling old ladies with a stream of bull then shaking out their purses.

Last edited:
I get the impression Peter is becoming more and more desperate as the weeks go by. While it's no excuse for the constant 'errors' he makes I must give him credit for displaying more energy and enthusiasm than presenters half his age but I distinctly feel he must know Sit Up are on the ropes and he is fighting for his job.

Let's face it, I doubt he'll have many other presenting options if they cease trading. You can see the despair in his eyes.

I have mixed feelings towards Peter. He used to be brilliant in the days of Bid-up.tv, and now when he's having a good week he's still very good. I'd still rather watch him than most of the presenters on Shopping TV.

However, I do feel like he needs to reign it in a bit - his opening monologues now are just bizarre, bordering on the surreal. He's just saying a list of words. Likewise, I have concern over his selling tactics.

But it remains the fact that he's by far the most talked about presenter (for both good and bad reasons) and probably has more genuine 'fans' than any other presenter on the channel. His sales figures are also consistently high.

I would still say I enjoy watching him - but it's becoming increasingly difficult.

I have mixed feelings towards Peter. He used to be brilliant in the days of Bid-up.tv, and now when he's having a good week he's still very good. I'd still rather watch him than most of the presenters on Shopping TV.

However, I do feel like he needs to reign it in a bit - his opening monologues now are just bizarre, bordering on the surreal. He's just saying a list of words. Likewise, I have concern over his selling tactics.

But it remains the fact that he's by far the most talked about presenter (for both good and bad reasons) and probably has more genuine 'fans' than any other presenter on the channel. His sales figures are also consistently high.

I would still say I enjoy watching him - but it's becoming increasingly difficult.

Peter Simon encapsulates everything that is wrong with Sit Up Television.

They're both well past their sell by dates, they seem stuck in the last century.

He was selling sandals the other night that would be ideal for walking. As apposed to what else?

Latest posts

Back