This weeks ASA rulings against Sit Up -17 April 2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just to add that assuming this complaint was made some time ago, and that the ASA must have made and informed Sit Up of their decision a while ago that material details should be included (i.e. weight of gold) I must say I am still seeing them fail to provide total gold weight details, in fairness maybe they don't have to adhere until a Ruling is published though.

It's obvious we need to keep a very close eye on their solid gold sales and if necessary contact the ASA again, and include details of this Upheld complaint for reference. Hopefully they will fully comply and be totally transparent with their future solid gold sales.

Last edited:
I just watched Frumplestiltskin sell a 9ct Gold Necklace and didn't once hear her mention gold weight, nor did the on screen caption detail it.

I wonder if the ruling merely means they should have mentioned it in that particular sale because the Presenter was making all sorts of claims about Pawnbrokers etc?

Last edited:
Steve Mc just sold a 9ct curb chain for £69.99 and no mention of the weight. He said 'you're getting a lot of gold for your money'

He hadn't got much time to spend on it though as he had to go to the gardening.

It was on the plasma but he did have it on a bust and you could actually see it, which is a bonus. Mind you, the bust was black.

The "solid gold" they sell is rarely shown live.
It is most often in the light box zoomed in on to make it look much, much bigger than it really is.
I'm sorry if anyone who reading this has bought "solid gold" from them recently but I bet you were extremely disappointed with your purchase.

How do they keep going with ASA rulings every week? It's getting a complete joke now.

The "solid gold" they sell is rarely shown live.
It is most often in the light box zoomed in on to make it look much, much bigger than it really is.
I'm sorry if anyone who reading this has bought "solid gold" from them recently but I bet you were extremely disappointed with your purchase.

How do they keep going with ASA rulings every week? It's getting a complete joke now.

I agree, they should be made to put the gram weight on the screen just like GemsTV does imo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back