"Up to 50% off cost price" with Mike Mason last night

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodluckifyageddit

Registered Shopper
Don't know what was more amusing last night, Mike Mason's patronising explanation to a dwindling audience of what "cost price" means ("It's the price that companies pay for an item before they sell it to you" - really, Mike !?!?) or the look on his face when half the stock of those dire triplet opal pendants had to be sent back to the warehouse after two and a half hours of promising an "unmissable event"

Last edited:
Don't know what was more amusing last night, Mike Mason's patronising explanation to a dwindling audience of what "cost price" means ("It's the price that companies pay for an item before they sell it to you - really, Mike !?!?) or the look on his face when half the stock of those dire triplet opal pendants had to be sent back to the warehouse.

Thanks to the good work of knowledgeable people on here (I have certainly learned a lot from them) the Triplet 'Opals' don't quite have the cachet they once did.

They are basically tatt.

Don't know what was more amusing last night, Mike Mason's patronising explanation to a dwindling audience of what "cost price" means ("It's the price that companies pay for an item before they sell it to you" - really, Mike !?!?) or the look on his face when half the stock of those dire triplet opal pendants had to be sent back to the warehouse after two and a half hours of promising an "unmissable event"

Well, its understandable Goodluckifyageddit. It must have taken a very long time for somebody to explain it to him in the first place, using words of no more than 2 syllables. Naturally he was very proud of learning something new and was showing off a bit.

Thanks to the good work of knowledgeable people on here (I have certainly learned a lot from them) the Triplet 'Opals' don't quite have the cachet they once did.

They are basically tatt.

When I was in the states I went to New York and visited a store that sold hundreds of different bits of opal, the sales people would explain in detail about each type of opal and I too learn't a vast amount. I loved the Black opals & the boulder opal's where very nice too (and cheap). The boulder opal was pretty much black or very dark brown on one side but beautiful radiant colours on the other, thats why its perfect for jewelry of everyday wear. In a little basket near the door was some bookmarks and they had big bits of opal on the top and a glass covering over them, that was the first time I saw a triplet opal and the shop was practically giving them away (about $2).

When I was in the states I went to New York and visited a store that sold hundreds of different bits of opal, the sales people would explain in detail about each type of opal and I too learn't a vast amount. I loved the Black opals & the boulder opal's where very nice too (and cheap). The boulder opal was pretty much black or very dark brown on one side but beautiful radiant colours on the other, thats why its perfect for jewelry of everyday wear. In a little basket near the door was some bookmarks and they had big bits of opal on the top and a glass covering over them, that was the first time I saw a triplet opal and the shop was practically giving them away (about $2).

Indeed Mr M, the way these Triplet Opals used to be described was quite scandalous but thankfully intervention ensured they cannot do that anymore which has no doubt contributed to the drop in sales.

Of course viewers should buy one if they like the look but other than that they are practically valueless, then again it's a bit of a clue when they're set in Gold Plate. Hmmm, now which other stone that Sit Up regularly sells does that remind me of?

I've just been watching it as I recorded it :blush:

I wonder how many people he was teaching his 'cost price' lesson to at that time on a Tuesday night? Honestly, it's bad enough even when you can whizz through the recording to get to the 'good bits'

He's a pro though. As you sit mesmerised by a blown up image of a gold plated, A grade opal, on the plasma, you'd never know he was reading off a laminate. His cost price teachings, sliding into a little about Lightening Ridge and then him disappearing with his laminate is seamless and in no way boring :sleepy:

If he keeps this up and James stays away much longer.........hmmm......

What's 'cost price' again? :smirk:

Our Mike likes to teach us simpletons things. I have lost count of the times he says "now what do I mean by that" surprised he doesn't say no what do I mean by what do I mean by.

PJ.

Our Mike likes to teach us simpletons things. I have lost count of the times he says "now what do I mean by that" surprised he doesn't say no what do I mean by what do I mean by.

PJ.

He is SO patronising. He always pauses and says "Now, What do I mean by that?" or "Please, Mike, explain this to me more. It would be my pleasure". Does he think he's broadcasting to 5 year olds??

I genuinely think the issue may be that he's obviously not very bright himself...so he presumes the viewer is as dim as him.

He is SO patronising. He always pauses and says "Now, What do I mean by that?" or "Please, Mike, explain this to me more. It would be my pleasure". Does he think he's broadcasting to 5 year olds??

I genuinely think the issue may be that he's obviously not very bright himself...so he presumes the viewer is as dim as him.

It gives him time to think what his next load of bullshit is going to be. Politicans do it all the time, 'that's a very good question, i'm glad you asked me it' is a favoured line.

He's also aiming his pitch at those viewers who have a lower than average IQ, because they would be impressed at Mikey's attention to detail and the fact that he's bothering to explain things to them, hence they may be more likely to buy whatever junk he happens to be selling at the time.

Utterly manipulative and cynical.

Latest posts

Back