Andy Hodgson Fire Blanket scare tactics are back.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steveh31

Registered Shopper
He frightened viewers all over the country last year with his over the top scare tactics of using fire blankets now he's doing it again this man has no shame he will say anything to sell these things.

Absolutely bizarre if you see this because he is saying 388 people did not wake up because of a fire, right fair enough but how in the name of chuff would a fire blanket have stopped them dying would it have screamed out FIRE!!! get out, would it have gone into the bedroom and carried the person to safety or maybe it can call the fire brigade.

So come on Andy how would a fire blanket have stopped 388 people dying in their sleep because of a fire.

He frightened viewers all over the country last year with his over the top scare tactics of using fire blankets now he's doing it again this man has no shame he will say anything to sell these things.

Absolutely bizarre if you see this because he is saying 388 people did not wake up because of a fire, right fair enough but how in the name of chuff would a fire blanket have stopped them dying would it have screamed out FIRE!!! get out, would it have gone into the bedroom and carried the person to safety or maybe it can call the fire brigade.

So come on Andy how would a fire blanket have stopped 388 people dying in their sleep because of a fire.

I do like Andy but must say I don't like the way he sells the Fire Blankets on Bid Plus. Then again it isn't a sexy product, I guess scare tactics are the only real way to catch the casual viewers attention. It's not nice to watch though.

Talking about Bid Plus I notice they now use Item Numbers and have a '20p Per Minute' 0911 Phone Number.

I guess scare tactics are the only real way to catch the casual viewers attention. It's not nice to watch though.
This is almost on a par with a salesman shouting "FIRE!" through someone's letterbox. It's morally reprehensible to use such tactics in order to sell fire blankets, and highly dangerous to suggest that they can stop ALL fires; they are only useful for specific categories of fire under certain (limited) circumstances. I didn't see this sales pitch take place but if it's anything like the last time then it certainly would be irresponsible.

Having seen that particular presentation both live and pre-recorded, I can safely say that it's not as bad as you're making out. He does use that statistic, but he only uses it to say how serious fires can be. It's you making the connection that fire blankets could have saved those people - he never claims that. If you want to criticise bid, there are much easier and obvious targets than Andy Hodgson.

Normally I like Andy, but I have to agree that he is expert at frightening the impressionable.

Having seen that particular presentation both live and pre-recorded, I can safely say that it's not as bad as you're making out. He does use that statistic, but he only uses it to say how serious fires can be. It's you making the connection that fire blankets could have saved those people - he never claims that. If you want to criticise bid, there are much easier and obvious targets than Andy Hodgson.

Bull he was flogging these last year and there is a thread on it the tactics used are a disgrace and he should be warned. Sitting there with a backdrop of a fire telling people to tackle fires rather than get out of their house claiming fire brigade say you should tackle a fire when the official guidance is to get out of the house and call the fire brigade to make out elderly people should be trying to fight a fire is a disgrace and he should not be defended.

would agree this is not andys best piece of work

however the person stating the 388 quote really should watch it again as it is nowhere near as bad as that

then why does he mention it at all?

Hodgson is generally one of the good guys let down by this one presentation where he talks complete bolox. It's just a ****** fire blanket... I don't know why they don't go the whole hog and dress him up as Welephant.

Latest posts

Back