Tonight with Peter...one high spot in a very poor show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodluckifyageddit

Registered Shopper
Peter got his pinny on tonight and actually attempted some cooking. I use the word "cooking" in its loosest sense. He was flogging the multi-meal cooker pan thingy and made the worst omelette ever. At one stage he asked the crew if they liked tomato ketchup and then proceeded to squirt a huge dollop of it into the pan before the omelette had even finished cooking. He was obviously well out of his comfort zone...but it was fun to watch and he was joking away with the crew and assistant, just like the old Peter. There was steam everywhere...at one stage it looked as though they might have to bring in Andy Hodgson's fire blanket...but it was fun...and around 200 flew out in next to no time !

Then it was time for the tat jewellry...back to the 2013 solemn Peter, him just standing there in near pitch-blackness (are they trying to save on the electric?) in front of the jumbo TV screen, trying to give the impression that the rubbish he was selling was the equivalent of the Second Coming...no interaction with the assistant...just him droning on relentlessly for half-an-hour...and the result?...lots going back to the warehouse.

The rest of the show was very poor fare indeed...a wallet, some limp looking solar-powered daisies...those awful watch straps. I've also noticed that staple products like the leather bags seem to be appearing less and less on the channel...I wonder if they can't even afford Tommy and Kate anymore? Dire times for Bid indeed.

What a lovely early evening monologue. He found some Egg Nog in his cupboard and managed to fit in:

Go on put it to your lips, something warm inside you
But I managed to dribble
His cat drank and it got drunk, it's legs were in the air which is reminiscent of him 30 years ago

Dirty old git.

I've noticed he's not very nice at all to Liana. After he shouted at her with a face like thunder for going the wrong way round the studio, I've been watching him when he's on with her.

He said he could smell something on her the other night, she said it was some perfume and he turned away to the crew and screwed his face up. I can't remember exactly what he said but it was something like it smelt like some stuff they sell. It wasn't anything perfume wise, it was car or carpet stuff. She looked hurt and asked if she smelt like an old car or something. He thought it was very funny and of course, Liana, sweet as she is, laughed it off too.

He then said 'we have something coming up don't we Liana?'. This threw her a bit but she mentioned some items that were coming up. 'There's something else though isn't there?'........erm........so he left her there, rolled his eyes and minced over to the delicious 'DOTD'.

It seems she can't do much right when she's with him. I think he makes her nervous.

I've noticed he's not very nice at all to Liana. After he shouted at her with a face like thunder for going the wrong way round the studio, I've been watching him when he's on with her.

He said he could smell something on her the other night, she said it was some perfume and he turned away to the crew and screwed his face up. I can't remember exactly what he said but it was something like it smelt like some stuff they sell. It wasn't anything perfume wise, it was car or carpet stuff. She looked hurt and asked if she smelt like an old car or something. He thought it was very funny and of course, Liana, sweet as she is, laughed it off too.

He then said 'we have something coming up don't we Liana?'. This threw her a bit but she mentioned some items that were coming up. 'There's something else though isn't there?'........erm........so he left her there, rolled his eyes and minced over to the delicious 'DOTD'.

It seems she can't do much right when she's with him. I think he makes her nervous.

He was snotty with her earlier about saying 'penny or pound' in tandem.

Filthy man. Have you heard the utter bullshit he and Lisa Brass is coming out with about Sen? I'm glad Brass can see the benefits of Sen, I bet she wouldn't see as may benefits as she would from Botox though :wink:

And why Lisa needs to constantly pretend that he is trying to bed her is beyond me, utterly laughable. She said something to him and he said 'you didn't say that when we were in bed'.

They are beyond the pale, I doubt they could be any more inappropriate if they tried.

Last edited:

Filthy man. Have you heard the utter bullshit he and Lisa Brass is coming out with about Sen? I'm glad Brass can see the benefits of Sen, I bet she wouldn't see as may benefits as she would from Botox though :wink:

And why Lisa needs to constantly pretend that he is trying to bed her is beyond me, utterly laughable. She said something to him and he said 'you didn't say that when we were in bed'.

They are beyond the pale, I doubt they could be any more inappropriate if they tried.

She was on last night but I really can't watch her Wirral. She does seem to be more his cup of tea.

Liana is too classy and mannerly to tell him to feck off.

carry on bid

Wirral70.... dont know if you noticed when they were selling the Sen set stuff they had covered up the middle of the boxes with sticky tape, i wondered
what they were trying to hide... so a quick ''google picture search' revealed the words WEIGHT CONTROL.... so why did they have it covered?

christ almighty he has just apologised for calling a strap leather on a watch

and boy he was not happy at having to do it

a lot of people say i have a bit of black african in me

this could be the final straw tonight completely gone

Wirral70.... dont know if you noticed when they were selling the Sen set stuff they had covered up the middle of the boxes with sticky tape, i wondered
what they were trying to hide... so a quick ''google picture search' revealed the words WEIGHT CONTROL.... so why did they have it covered?
Most likely that they cannot conclusively prove that the product provides a weight control solution, namely that there's no independently verifiable clinical evidence to support such a claim. It's <strike>Dr</strike> Cringles all over again...

I could swear he just said that they (Bid) "rarely" get handbag brands such as Balenciaga and Gucci... but we must forget about them anyway because tonight we have Fiorelli!

Fiorelli's a good brand (I've bought items from department stores in the past and they're decent quality, though not necessarily to my taste design-wise) but seriously, it's utterly absurd to compare it to genuinely high end designer brands.

Last edited:
What Peter said about a Golddigga watch tonight: "It's everything you could ever want in a watch":mysmilie_483:

I must just be biased as a Peter Simon fan but I don't see the nasty Peter it just looks like everyone is having fun taking the Micky out of each other, he's been like it for neigh on 10 years that I've been watching, Anyone can pull a face and pretend to be annoyed isn't it just all part of the act to make it more fun to watch?

I certainly wouldn't like to work with him. I would imagine he can be quite a bad-tempered old sod off camera. A man who's lived for decades off the reputation of a not particularly startling career at the BBC. Trouble is, a lot of Bid's audience are too young to remember those days now. Certainly a lot of the staff at Bid are. Just witness the deathly silence in the studios every Friday and Saturday night as Peter cranks out his sub-par Larry Grayson routine that was old hat even 40 years ago. Some of those Youth Opportunity Programme girls that work on cameras (and you know you're getting old when Bid staff start looking young) must be thinking "What on earth is he on about?" and "Is this supposed to be funny?" I wonder if anyone will ever be brave enough to tell him "Sorry, mate, you're just not getting the figures we want"

I didn't notice that earwig. However, they also cover up the wording on Coryse Salome products as well.

It dosen't inspire confidence does it?

I could swear he just said that they (Bid) "rarely" get handbag brands such as Balenciaga and Gucci... but we must forget about them anyway because tonight we have Fiorelli!

Fiorelli's a good brand (I've bought items from department stores in the past and they're decent quality, though not necessarily to my taste design-wise) but seriously, it's utterly absurd to compare it to genuinely high end designer brands.

When I heard that introduction I was honestly expecting a Mulberry, or something like that to appear. And then we were presented with Fiorelli. Becca, you are absolutely correct, absurd.

And he was using the disgraceful 'it's not a ..............' nonsense again with shitty cheap bedding too. I didn't recognise the brand name he used but it was no doubt one that costs a fortune.

This is a man who is desperate to hang onto his top billing on a equally desperate channel. To coin a well used Sit Up phrase I don't think we are yet to see how low he will go but I must give him credit for sheer determination, and bare faced shamelessness.

The only comfort I take is when this shower goes belly up (and surely it will) we will almost certainly never see this guy on our screens again. There's a good reason why we don't see many of the 1980's TV personalities on air today.

Peter Simon is conclusive proof of that.

Last edited:
And he was using the disgraceful 'it's not a ..............' nonsense again with shitty cheap bedding too. I didn't recognise the brand name he used but it was no doubt one that costs a fortune .

I was watching that. He was talking about Cath Kidston, Wirral.

I must just be biased as a Peter Simon fan but I don't see the nasty Peter it just looks like everyone is having fun taking the Micky out of each other, he's been like it for neigh on 10 years that I've been watching, Anyone can pull a face and pretend to be annoyed isn't it just all part of the act to make it more fun to watch?

I saw the nasty Peter a few weeks ago and I was truely shocked by him. The anger in his face and his arm gesture, you would think someone had tried to rob him. All Liana did was try to help him out by mentioning a product he had forgotten and in doing so she had to walk slightly to him when she should have walked away from him to the right of the studio. He thought she was messing up their rehearsed walks I suppose but honestly, there was no need for that.

Liana seems like a genuinely lovely person and way too classy for Bid TV. Hopefully she'll escape there and graduate to a decent channel soon. As a side note, it's interesting that La Simon seems to get on better with slightly, shall we say, brassier women from up North (like Helen and Lisa Brash). As a Northerner myself, I reckon I'm all right to say that!

Liana seems like a genuinely lovely person and way too classy for Bid TV. Hopefully she'll escape there and graduate to a decent channel soon. As a side note, it's interesting that La Simon seems to get on better with slightly, shall we say, brassier women from up North (like Helen and Lisa Brash). As a Northerner myself, I reckon I'm all right to say that!

I agree with all that :wink:

Liana will do just fine for herself I'm sure

Latest posts

Back