Right I need ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I once saw a watch with a bottle opener built into it, it was for sale in a Alabama gift shop. The watch also had other things on it too, it was basically a cross between a swiss army knife & a watch lol.

Did anyone hear Dirty Peter during the first sale of these watches? He kept saying they had a Seiko movement, I cannot find any mention of that on their own website.

Did anyone hear Dirty Peter during the first sale of these watches? He kept saying they had a Seiko movement, I cannot find any mention of that on their own website.

Shouty Sally said the same thing more than once. Why can't they be honest with these sales? I would say something like "Want to have ma watch that looks like it could be designer but is a fraction of the cost? This may not have the best movement or have a big brand name but it is a watch that works well and for the price even if it doesn't last 20 years pound for pound you are getting far more value then the price implies." Simples.

PJ

It may well have a movement manufactured by Seiko, they do so for lots of well known and indeed generic brands.

However, even Avalanche make no mention of this on their own website so it's likely just as aspect Sit Up have picked up on to enhance the credentials of yet another unknown brand. I'm sure Avalanche want to promote their own brand, not Seiko but grubby Sit Up will know people will notice if 'Seiko' is mentioned.

I remember a while back they were selling Pulsar watches (which are owned by Seiko) but Sit Up insisted on describing them as Seiko Pulsar which is a bit like calling a Mini a BMW Mini.

Last edited:
Another strange combo was the Pierre Cardin tat jewellry they were selling the other night for a quid which came with a huge biro that you would get as a novelty on a fairground stall (mind you it was being shown in the super-magnifying lightbox, so it probably was the size of one of those pens you get in Argos) To quote Mike Mason "All this great jewellry for just a pound, an' you get a massive great pen an' all" Classy.

Last edited:
Mark Stewart has just had some of these Avalanche watches on for £5.99

He likes the saying "go out in the big wide world and have a look"

I just have and I must say, £5.99 is a bargain here

I don't understand why the display case is full of water. I note they don't actually say they are water resistant. Wouldn't be trying to con us would you Bid?

There's actually a Thomas Earnshaw watch for sale in the Daily Express today for 100.00 plus 3.99 p&p. First time I've ever seen them anywhere else but Bid.Don't know how it compares with the ones they sell.

There's actually a Thomas Earnshaw watch for sale in the Daily Express today for 100.00 plus 3.99 p&p. First time I've ever seen them anywhere else but Bid.Don't know how it compares with the ones they sell.

It was the Express itself although the address was a box number. Can also be bought on their website.

Andy Hodgson is just selling the Avalance watch with bottle opener, he said of the bottle opener 'you get this orange triangle, I don't know what you do with it so good luck with that'! I just love his laid back irreverent style, it couldn't be further removed from the selling techniques of other presenters!
He also said 'I think there's only about 2 people watching this afternoon' gotta love his openness!

Latest posts

Back