Tight Presenters!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now I know every penny counts, but looking at Joanne's donation page for her marathon run today:

http://www.justgiving.com/Gogomommyjojo

I was surprised to see the low donation amounts from her fellow Ideal World presenters - some viewers and guests donated a lot more...

Martin Parker - £10

Howard, Dave, Hayley, Dennice & Nigel - £20 each

It's very kind of them and all to donate, but I think we can all work out they are on hefty salaries (maybe not Hayley) and it just feels a little tight in my opinion!

Gd on Loen, janice and leonie who sponsored £50. i dont think its been updated thou as shes almost raised £4000 .

Now I know every penny counts, but looking at Joanne's donation page for her marathon run today:

I was surprised to see the low donation amounts from her fellow Ideal World presenters - some viewers and guests donated a lot more...

Martin Parker - £10

It's very kind of them and all to donate, but I think we can all work out they are on hefty salaries (maybe not Hayley) and it just feels a little tight in my opinion!

How much did you give?

I'm surprised she hasn't made more, I mean they have been showing it everyday on Ideal World for a few months

The thread title made me LOL, I thought one or more of the IW presenters were found to be under the influence of something stronger than tea....but then again would anyone be able to tell the difference:mysmilie_61: ....... Well done Joanne!

I think that this total is JUST on her just giving page they won't have added in the amount given by viewers who donated using the item number given on air as they are a different thing.
I have lots of respect for her I couldn't have run a marathon at any time in my life, let alone months after having had a baby.

Can't stand her myself, so she had no chance.

But I usually donate between £25 and £50 on these kind of things and I must earn a quarter, or third at most, of what a typical IW presenter does.

:emo:

Come on then, what do you think IW presenters earn?

At work, we're often asked to sponsor each other, and as there are over 30 of us there, we tend to give each other around £5-£10 a go, so I don't think the presenters are being tight at all. After all, if you count everyone at Ideal Word (not just the presenters), there must be quite a lot of employees and if they're anything like my place of work, people will ask for sponsorship every week or so, or have raffles to sell etc etc.

Martin Parker - £10

To be honest I think your opinion on this is rather judgemental. You have no idea whether they're supporting other charities in other ways or sponsering others in the same race. Equally you will not know if some people will give more than others simply to be seen as generous above others or because they feel intimidated that people will see what they've given and comment negatively.

It would be better in my view if people donated anonymously or the amount wasn't stated.

Well done Joanne, very proud of you:clapping::mysmilie_851: By the way, your baby (I think she is called Eleanor Grace if my memory is right:thinking:)is simply gorgeous :heart:
I saw you both on the screen when you dropped in on one fashion day:happy: They all kept calling her "baby", don't they know her name:wonder:

Latest posts

Back