An angry cold caller

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone.

I've just had one of our regular cold-calls - I'm afraid it seemed to be from somewhere around 5000 miles east of my house! The bloke said they had information that someone on our phone number had had a car accident - a regular scam, I believe. I asked who had had the accident. He repeated that it was someone at our phone number.

Once more, I asked him who and he said "What is it with this "who"? B*****d!!

I started to laugh which obviously upset him further as he then called me a twelve letter word starting with an M and ending with an R - and I don't mean "mollycoddler"! He then rang off.

Maybe he's had a bad day!!

I think someone posted on here a while ago about a scam where they said someone was in an accident sorry I cant recall who it was now though, I'd like to think that the scammer was having a bad day seeing as they inflict there constant phone calls to us and all the dodgey scams they try to pull its good you did'nt fall for it as I'm sure a few people probably do .

I always tell them I hope someone plants a bullet in their little brains! They don't like it but it makes me feel better...oh and I mean it too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I receive calls from a number I don't recognise I don't answer it. People of importance have my mob. no. I got a call once from double glazing firm and said " If I wanted double glazing do you think I would be sitting here waiting for you to give me a ring or do you think I would make enquiries myself?" He was not impressed. Another call said I won a holiday. I said "Whooppeeeee, what did I do to win it?". Got some guff back about sending personal details to claim and I repeated my question. I then said "Well if I have won a holiday you must have my details already and if not then you must think I came down in the last meteor shower if you think I am handing over my very, very personal details in exchange for a non existent holiday I am not and never will fall for. Good bye!". Well done Mike, the scammers are low life.

I have had a few from Indian call centres this week, you get the silence for about 30 seconds before someone speaks that is how I know. The last one was silent then click hang up.

I keep repeating "Pogue My Thon" (spelling), it means kiss my ass. As well as sounding like a you cannot speak english, it freaks them out.

Or the simple, I will hunt you down and disembowel you. For the accident ones, they may hopefully think you are a would be serial killer and block your number forever.

I NEVER buy anything from a cold call.

I've reached the stage where, with these callers, I try to wind them up. The one I haven't done yet is, if they ask for me or someone else in our household, you ask them to hold and leave them there wasting their money hanging on. After ten minutes, pop back and see if they've given up.

By the way, I'd almost promise to vote for anyone who bans the facility where you can withhold your number. It might not help with foreign calllers but for UK, it would surely reduce them.

When I registered with the TPS some years ago I thought great, no more cold calls...doh, get just as many. The latest one here is solar panels - but they're not selling them, oh no..I just say I don't want any they're ugly, and hang up. I'm afraid I get ruder as I get older - life's too ****** short to argue with these people!

I don't answer them but (at my mums house when she was at home before Christmas) she had quite a few and I mean quite a few cold callers that actually had the cheek to call back immediately when she said "no thank you" and hung up......they got very upset and wanted to know why she didn't want what they were selling and why she hung up.

One caller from Euroseal windows (I answered at mums house) called back and threatened me!!! ****** cheek...........I stayed with mum that night.

If they leave a number and they are threatening or are calling back or a nuisance then you can put in complaints even though they are overseas. Most of them have UK numbers even though they are overseas, if not, just try and remember or get their company name!

I don't answer them but (at my mums house when she was at home before Christmas) she had quite a few and I mean quite a few cold callers that actually had the cheek to call back immediately when she said "no thank you" and hung up......they got very upset and wanted to know why she didn't want what they were selling and why she hung up.

One caller from Euroseal windows (I answered at mums house) called back and threatened me!!! ****** cheek...........I

stayed with mum that night.

If they leave a number and they are threatening or are calling back or a nuisance then you can put in complaints even though they are overseas. Most of them have UK numbers even though they are overseas, if not, just try and remember or get their company name!

If you don't recognise the number or they are persistent, answer with, "Good Afternoon, you are through to Battersea Dogs Home, your call may be used for training purposes, how may I help you?" Hopefully, they will sod off for good!

I'm getting ruder in my old age too...chap from Indian call centre rang yesterday to tell me that he was from microsoft and that there's something wrong with my computer...I simply said...F**k off you lying little sh*t!....it seemed to do the trick!

I'm getting ruder in my old age too...chap from Indian call centre rang yesterday to tell me that he was from microsoft and that there's something wrong with my computer...I simply said...F**k off you lying little sh*t!....it seemed to do the trick!

Awesome! As far as I am concerned these pieces of **** deserve everything they get...and more!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I dont seem to get any I am not sure why. I think we are registered with TPS, we are Ex Directory and we NEVER put our landline number on any forms asking for it. I only use a mobile number for that which must be more expensive to call for these companies as I rarely get any. I also never answer a number I don't recognise. I never give any personal details about me over the phone -once my own bank phoned me and then asked me to go through security. I refused on the basis that they had called me.

I NEVER answer calls from ANY number I don't know. I have an answer phone and they can always leave me a message and I will call them back
I have had a "private caller" ring me up to 10 times a day for the last week yesterday I thought d@m it I will answer it just to tell them to s@d off but there was no one there.
So I will just keep on letting it ring out
They have just called again at 13.49 on a Sunday my DS answered but guess what there was no one there.

I keep getting a call from tns, they are market research. If they are market research, they don't have to subscribe to TPS, annoying that eh? I have emailed them as they ring quite early on Sundays and Bank Holidays, so early that they have woken me up and you don't want to do that I can tell you! Especially as I am a very poor sleeper. So if I've actually managed to get off I treasure it greatly and the last thing I need is to be dragged kicking and screaming to wakefulness heart pounding mouth dry in case someone in my family or circle of friends really needs me ....

Ha Ha I had them on today Fed up with them. She kept on saying its about your computer and I kept on asking her what computer She kept on saying your computer .I kept on say What computer is that then. In the end she gave up . Hope she doesn't ring back.

If you got some time have a read at this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=741653

Sunshine - I have only read one page of it so far, but the money saving link is hilarious!

That was one of the funniest things I have ever read. Then I read the eBay thread! The OP has an amazing imagination! Well done him!

Latest posts

Back