The tat awards!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Back in the day, you could once liken these channels to TK Maxx, sadly as we all know it's struggling to keep on par with the likes of Poundstretcher and Homebargains.

I know the Worry Angels are the biggest load of toot ever, and by default have won. I don't think I could name a high street store that would stock something so awful tbh, perhaps one of those "pop up" xmas shops that appear in disused units might, but have you ever seen anything like that on sale in a proper shop?

To me, the worst stuff is the "battery operated" electrical items...pack of three stick on light bulbs completely made of plastic and take 4 aa batteries each! and you can bet your life the light they emit is akin to a cheap hand torch!

That effing awful duster, I've now seen a battery operated foot scraper that looks like it'll fall to bits the minute you look at it!

My winner (worry angels aside) are those egg boilers, both types...no shopping channel should carry rubbish like that, oh and enamel cushion ring.....the sort of thing that you see balanced on top of the pennies on a fairground arcade game, not something you'd buy in a shop!

What's yours?

I think you are being a bit unfair here Merry. Poundstretchers, don't pretend to be doing you a favour when they sell you tat. Nor do you have to suffer Dirty Peter and his antics:puke:! Go and sit on the naughty step at once

I think you are being a bit unfair here Merry. Poundstretchers, don't pretend to be doing you a favour when they sell you tat. Nor do you have to suffer Dirty Peter and his antics:puke:! Go and sit on the naughty step at once

This is very true, I was probably being over generous when I said Poundstretcher, I should have said Poundland!

Two recent items spring to mind but neither were battery operated. The first was a set of ornaments depicting London landmarks (House of Commons etc). The second was set of 3 candle holders in the shape of flowers.

The quality of both items was akin to something a 7 year old might create with a bit of clay and some paint, they were truly dreadful.

What has happened to the London Treasures bracelets? They were a prize piece of tat, I can't believe they were selling them this time last year for £30 plus p&p and call. Can get them for £1.50 delivered.

Two recent items spring to mind but neither were battery operated. The first was a set of ornaments depicting London landmarks (House of Commons etc). The second was set of 3 candle holders in the shape of flowers.

The quality of both items was akin to something a 7 year old might create with a bit of clay and some paint, they were truly dreadful.

:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

The **** that gets sold on these channels are unbelievable. Yet the British consumer are too gullible/uneducated to seek better quality goods and products.

One of the biggest lumps of tat on there to my eyes is that mattress protector that they sell for a quid. They've sold mountains of them.

They normally show them with a duvet on top and one corner is folded back to reveal an illfitting, thin, thread pulled thing that is of no use whatsoever. It looks that thin that it'd protect absolutely nothing. If a small gust were to escape from your backside as you turned over, I guess it would rip right through it.

If the mattress could talk it would tell it to sod off!

Mind you, I could be wrong :wonder:

Latest posts

Back