Remedy for dry itchy Scalp please.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bettyboo

Registered Shopper
My scalp is dry and itchy so can anyone please reccommend an off the shelf product. I do colour my hair but I do use Argan oil Shampoo and Conditioner I also use the Argan Oil after I've dried my hair. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.....

Boots used to do a special dry scalp shampoo and conditioner that you massage into the scalp. It was brilliant and cured the problem I had a few years ago. I don't know if they still do it- you could always find it next to the shampoo for swimmers that gets rid of chlorine.

The other thing that helped me was to just wash the hair without conditiiner and use no hair product for a while to get rid of any product build up (sometimes this is responsible for flakes)

On QVC the Phillip Kingsley scalp application also worked well for me. I now use Ojon and L'Occitane and no longer have a dry scalp.

Boots used to do a special dry scalp shampoo and conditioner that you massage into the scalp. It was brilliant and cured the problem I had a few years ago. I don't know if they still do it- you could always find it next to the shampoo for swimmers that gets rid of chlorine.

The other thing that helped me was to just wash the hair without conditiiner and use no hair product for a while to get rid of any product build up (sometimes this is responsible for flakes)

On QVC the Phillip Kingsley scalp application also worked well for me. I now use Ojon and L'Occitane and no longer have a dry scalp.

Wg i think i used the same shampoo as u from boots, looks like they have changed the formula now thou as many of the reviews state it isnt as gd anymore :( heres the link anyway

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Expert-dry-itchy-sensitive-shampoo-200ml_1162496/

T-Gel is good Bettyboo but mostly I use my ABC Skinwash for hair too, or add a pump to a regular shampoo.

Maybe its the argan oil making it itchy, it doesnt do for everybody and neither do some hair dyes. My daughter in law recently had to change her brand of hair dye for this same reason. T gel is good as someone has already mentioned and diluted tea tree oil in a final rinse helps too, just a few drops in a large jug of warm water. When something irritates me and i`m not sure which product it is, I zero right back to absolute basics such as Simple shampoo and then reintroduce other products one at a time, use it for a few days to check it isn`t that product causing irritation and eventually I suss which one it is causing the aggro.

Latest posts

Back