Mark ryes exciting stories

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fred12

Registered Shopper
Ryes was flogging a walking stick last night with a strap to put around your wrist. Let me tell you what happened to my Mum he enthused. She went out with her stick and what happened she dropped it. What happened next she fell and broke her hip trying to pick it up. No. Luckily Ryes was with her and picked it up for her. Almost as exciting as his Dr Cringles story. Steven Speilburg could make it into a blockbuster. Dad wears looky likey Dr Cringles and Mum drops walking stick. Can't wait for the next instalment.

He dosen't really seem your typical 40ish year old guy does he?

Timothy Lumsden springs to mind.

Least with Mark his jokes are risqué but if children were watching they wouldn't necessarily get it unlike Peter Simon who is just crude.

PJ

It's standard practice on Bid to make up a bogus personal anecdote when flogging this sort of stuff.
When Peter Simon was flogging a shower stool he spun some nonsense about how 'Our Bet' slipped in the shower recently-a fake story about a person who doesn't exist.
They churn these stories out on a daily basis,often using the assistant as a stooge i.e 'You could have done with this when yer car broke down last week couldn't you Helen?'
'Oh I really could have done yeah!'

Far be it from me to defend Sit Up but I suspect presenters from all shopping channels are not averse to inventing stories to support the sale of a product.

However, I could be wrong but I honestly doubt there are many who would actually invent people and keep up the story for years. I know Larry Grayson had an array of 'friends' like Everard and Slack Alice but you were never under any illusion they were just part of his act and he was making them up.

But there's a certain someone who clearly copies his act, badly, but would genuinely have us believe his friends really do exist but not only that, they place orders. I would politely remind that person that Larry had almost totally retired that kind of act by the late 1980's with only occasional outings, no doubt to keep it's appeal.

A two bob, very ex-Children's TV presenter rehashing it week in, week out on the most downmarket shopping channel around is lazy, and a good few decades behind the times.

Larry was very funny, and had more charm and warmth in his stringed spectacles than Dirty Peter but he was definitely of his time. It's 2013, that seems lost on the 'star' of Sit Up but it does give a clue to the age of customer his 'performance' is aimed at.

Last edited:
I know he's irritating and his 'personal experience' stories are so false its a wonder his nose doesn't grow. But he's not the only one and not as crude as Dirty Peter.
I get the feeling, mind you I haven't seen him for some time, that he is a very lonely man

I know he's irritating and his 'personal experience' stories are so false its a wonder his nose doesn't grow. But he's not the only one and not as crude as Dirty Peter.
I get the feeling, mind you I haven't seen him for some time, that he is a very lonely man

i dont particularly like ryes as a presenter but we really have little idea about his personal life

Latest posts

Back