Do you care?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Because I really don't care who has been directing, producing, floor managing, working on cameras, who was the TC, assistant producer etc etc.

What's with presenters constantly thanking them at the end of their shift as if they helped them win an Oscar?

:taphead:

As a sound engineer I am always touched when the band give me a mention but just a simple "thanks to the crew" would suffice :)

PJ

At times you wonder if there's even a director there at all. I was watching Andy the other evening and it was blatently obvious that he wanted a close-up of the product to be shown. It look about 20 seconds for them to come up with the shot. Andy's quite easy going when mistakes like this occur, but it just makes the channel look even shoddier than it already is these days.

Because I really don't care who has been directing, producing, floor managing, working on cameras, who was the TC, assistant producer etc etc.

What's with presenters constantly thanking them at the end of their shift as if they helped them win an Oscar?

:taphead:

It gives the impression they have a siege mentality, almost an 'us against the world' attitude.

It's understandable, given their dreadful collective reputation.

Well, I suppose it is good manners really. It's nice to feel appreciated. My own experience from working in an operating theatre before I retired, is that patients, on discharge, thank the ward staff but always forget us. Some of those neuro operations meant standing at table for blinking hours. My sister in law developed varicose veins from standing so long in theatre!

Well, I suppose it is good manners really. It's nice to feel appreciated. My own experience from working in an operating theatre before I retired, is that patients, on discharge, thank the ward staff but always forget us. Some of those neuro operations meant standing at table for blinking hours. My sister in law developed varicose veins from standing so long in theatre!

Indeed it's good manners. It's just a shame they often don't afford the viewer the same respect as the afford themselves.

As a sound engineer I am always touched when the band give me a mention but just a simple "thanks to the crew" would suffice :)

PJ

Do you know great sound? If you want to be the best in your field I would suggest you get in touch with Mikey Mason :thinking:

Do you know great sound? If you want to be the best in your field I would suggest you get in touch with Mikey Mason :thinking:

I have my texts books from my course and you won't be surprised to know the first thing they teach us before we knew our xlr from our 3.5mm jacks is if you want to know anything about sound, see Mike Mason. Just one word of warning, don't talk about the ring he used to own he is still touchy about that :p

PJ

probably the least offensive thing to happen on these channels

polite and the background staff appreciate it i suspect

PJ

Would you be so pleased to be associated with a company like Bid though? l know l wouldn't like my name mentioned :whew:

Hey, P.J. have you got a bass reflex test sheet, have ya, have ya??????? I gotta know!!!

Latest posts

Back