deal of the day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

deedee

Mike Monroe/Marilyn Mason
what a complete waste of time

I've watched a few launches of the DOTD now and I can't work out what the point is
new product? the products don't seem to be anything different, new or exciting
price? I don't think the product is that much cheaper than normal
quantity? not sure about this one as they don't always show this
selling the product at several points throughout the day? they do that anyway
incentives? nope, the P&P and phone call charges still apply

so, is it just so that 30 minutes can be spent on one product? that's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back! :headbang: :dull:
or am I completely missing the point here? :taphead:

The past few launches I've seen have flown out and they clearly could have sold a bigger quantity.

Bit of a swiz the other night though - a pink quilt cover and 2 pillow cases for £1, but then a second Deal of the Day was the matching fitting sheet and another 2 pillow cases for £1 - so all costs added up that's around £18 for the full set. They've done bedding sets with 4 pillows much cheaper than this in the past.

The past few launches I've seen have flown out and they clearly could have sold a bigger quantity.

Bit of a swiz the other night though - a pink quilt cover and 2 pillow cases for £1, but then a second Deal of the Day was the matching fitting sheet and another 2 pillow cases for £1 - so all costs added up that's around £18 for the full set. They've done bedding sets with 4 pillows much cheaper than this in the past.

Crafty!!!! What gets me most is the special deals they have on the website monthly. April deals or whatever. Again there is nothing new and the prices are EXACTLY the same as they have always sold them, so what's the deal there I wonder? I don't suppose they get many takers. I suppose if they were asked they would say that because they are web deals then you're saving £1.53....wow!

Far on Price Drop this morning was selling the same bed set WITH the fitted sheet but only 2 pillowcases for £5.99 but obviously with just one set of P+P.

Deal of The Day my ar*£ :headbang:

Last edited:
Far on Price Drop this morning was selling the same bed set WITH the fitted sheet but only 2 pillowcases for £5.99 but obviously with just one set of P+P.

Deal of The Day my ar*£ :headbang:

He was selling the massage seat and holding his finger to his earpiece. It was one of those phonecall episodes again, which are getting a bit tiresome. This time it was the Producer phoning the BOSS to see if they could take the price lower.

Guess what?

The BOSS said no!!!!!!!!!

As if! The go ahead was given and the price shot down by another fiver. Hey ho, they still didn't all sell.

Deal of rubbish I'm afraid dreadful channels, with dreadful presenters like mike mason, Peter Simon etc...

It's all so very predictable, and patronising.

Stinks of desperation too.

I totally agree with you Wirral, these techniques have become boring and predictable and yes I suppose it is patronising if they think we actually believe the stuff they tell us - got to ask permission - got to ring the boss - we weren't allowed to go this low etc. etc.
However, we don't buy it for a second so we know it's all part of the act
As for desperation, I agree there too, and for me it's been noticeable how some presenters are giving it the aggressive hard sell lately with a panic and desperation in their eyes as they struggle to flog even shoddier tat than usual!
I hope they know where their nearest job centre is because they might have to do an honest days work before too much longer! :grin::smirk::mysmilie_483:

I totally agree with you Wirral, these techniques have become boring and predictable and yes I suppose it is patronising if they think we actually believe the stuff they tell us - got to ask permission - got to ring the boss - we weren't allowed to go this low etc. etc.
However, we don't buy it for a second so we know it's all part of the act
As for desperation, I agree there too, and for me it's been noticeable how some presenters are giving it the aggressive hard sell lately with a panic and desperation in their eyes as they struggle to flog even shoddier tat than usual!
I hope they know where their nearest job centre is because they might have to do an honest days work before too much longer! :grin::smirk::mysmilie_483:

Indeed deedee, there's an even bigger air of despair around many of the presenters now. They have even given up the ghost on the scandalous voucher nonsense.

I wonder why? :wink:

Last edited:
At least during the early evening on Price-drop they sometimes promote the so-called "Power Hour" at frequent intervals; Steve Macdonald seemed to be mentioning it every two minutes at one point despite one of the featured products having earlier been on-air with virtually no buying interest whatsoever.

There are only so many ways you can rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic...

At least during the early evening on Price-drop they sometimes promote the so-called "Power Hour" at frequent intervals; Steve Macdonald seemed to be mentioning it every two minutes at one point despite one of the featured products having earlier been on-air with virtually no buying interest whatsoever.

There are only so many ways you can rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic...

Brilliant PP, what a perfect way of summing them up ha ha. It's a bit like the condemned man being given a choice of poisoning or being shot!

When I was getting ready this morning Belgian Guy was (just for a change) selling Gollum's Dongle. I actually had some sympathy with him as what on earth is left to be said about them? Speaking of the Dongle, McDonald has it coming up soon :headbang:

Last edited:
When I was getting ready this morning Belgian Guy was (just for a change) selling Gollum's Dongle. I actually had some sympathy with him as what on earth is left to be said about them? Speaking of the Dongle, McDonald has it coming up soon :headbang:
This evening on Price-drop, the Power Hour was promoted inbetween each item so if you fancy an overpriced basic mobile phone, a basic-looking bracelet or fairy lights for a tree (probably the same set I've seen in a pound shop) plus that TV/radio dongle (yet again) you know when to watch :giggle:

However, items were selling pretty quickly this evening, with the majority of items selling out before the clock reached 0:00, but the quantities were low and the prices were averagely extortionate as opposed to daylight robbery standard. For some of the time anyway :wink:

This evening on Price-drop, the Power Hour was promoted inbetween each item so if you fancy an overpriced basic mobile phone, a basic-looking bracelet or fairy lights for a tree (probably the same set I've seen in a pound shop) plus that TV/radio dongle (yet again) you know when to watch :giggle:

However, items were selling pretty quickly this evening, with the majority of items selling out before the clock reached 0:00, but the quantities were low and the prices were averagely extortionate as opposed to daylight robbery standard. For some of the time anyway :wink:

Did you hear him banging on about the £250k of stock they are selling this weekend. They 'don't care what they paid for them or what they sell them for', they just have to go?

Yeah right.

Did you hear him banging on about the £250k of stock they are selling this weekend. They 'don't care what they paid for them or what they sell them for', they just have to go?

Yeah right.
Having lots of items unsold after each auction (which now happens for most of the time) isn't exactly encouraging for that assertion :wink:

Also of course they've stopped giving away <strike>unicorn poo</strike> those £10 'vouchers' which were valid on days of the week that didn't have the letter 'y' in them. Or something.</strike>

Having lots of items unsold after each auction (which now happens for most of the time) isn't exactly encouraging for that assertion :wink:

Also of course they've stopped giving away <strike>unicorn poo</strike> those £10 'vouchers' which were valid on days of the week that didn't have the letter 'y' in them. Or something.</strike>

I noticed on the plasma on Bid last night that you get £10 credit for three items purchased

3rd May 2013: Buy any 3 get £10 voucher promotion – BID TV ONLY – Terms and Conditions

When you make any 3 valid purchases from the bid TV shopping channel or bid TV auction deals on www.bid.tv during the "3 for £10" event between the following promotional hours on 03/05/13 22:00 – 05/05/13 01:30 (inclusive) you will receive a £10 credit on your account.
Credit will be applied to qualifying accounts by 07:45 15/05/13 and will expire at 01:30 31/05/13.
The initial purchase and the credit redemption must be made using the same Bidder ID.
Any items which are ordered and then returned or cancelled will not be eligible for the £10 credit.
The credit cannot be combined and used together nor can it be used in conjunction with any other credits or vouchers.
One £10 credit per customer will be given with no additional credits for more purchases.
The credit is valid for any purchases from bid TV shopping channel.
Credit cannot be redeemed on any of the bid shopping websites.
Credit can only be redeemed on purchases greater than £10 before the addition of P&P.
The credit cannot be exchanged for cash nor will any change be given.
You must not use “No Call Back” if you wish to redeem your credit.
The credit cannot be used on any other promotions or payments schemes such as Easy Buy.

Latest posts

Back