ASA not upheld complaint but misleading

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bennyxp

Registered Shopper
A while ago bid were selling the razorpit and the presenter said "These are £30 online... if you go online you will pay £30 for this" (no web check or anything) How do you interpret that? Well, I couldn't find it online for £30, so I asked the ASA to look into it.

Well, I got a letter through from the ASA saying that Bid TV responded saying "...we were referring to our website...."

The ASA did say it was misleading, but they decided that they wouldn't uphold it, as bid tv have assured the ASA that it won't happen again!

now I know why they didn't do a web check against it!

So they could put a Christin Lars watch on their website for a million pounds and then claim that they saw it for that price? Crazy, they should have been in trouble for that one.

PJ

Absolutely crazy! Blatant spiv tactics and yet not upheld. Who do we report the ASA to? They are not fit for purpose and at the end of the day, are funded by the very businesses they are regulating. Impartial? I don't think so.

They need to be given a hefty fine for their misdemeanors not just a "don't do that again okay?" Cause as fast as they're being told not to do something, they've got another crafty trick waiting in the wings. Eventually I guess they'll run out of ideas, but it seems to be a bottomless pit at the moment!

On the bright side though I'm just so glad they've been made to make a feature of the extra charges, that used to annoy me so much. I remember Andrea saying something along the lines of "We're practically paying you to shop with us, how good's that?"She was suggesting that we multi buy 5 packs of Tommy and Kate socks, I think it would have worked out costing nearly fifty quid..... I wanted to put my hand in the set and give her a good slap! So glad those days have gone, though I've seen them trying to let slip, but I think they know the score on that one.

Biggest bugbear now? Watching people fall for the hype of buying on screen...Sen skincare set with Lisa Brash, went for £24.99 plus all the extras, to be fair to her, she gave a decent presentation, but a couple of days later the same set was on pricedrop's website for just £6.99!

The average pensioner watching Bid have more teeth than the ASA!

I've still got all mine... and no, I don't put them in a glass of water at night

My Dad is nearly 73 and he has a great, full set of natural gnashers.

I'm afraid I lost the totally natural claim many years ago, i'm regularly having to get mine tweaked!

Latest posts

Back