my Grandma wants a new Undercounter Fridge with Freezer Section

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is one area where looking in store before buying online is a good idea. Also many store prices are better. When I was looking for an under counter fridge freezer a few years ago I found the height, depth and width measurements really did vary so it is very important to measure the height of the worktop carefully and leave some room to get the fridge in and out! The width is also important.

I have a zanussi under counter fridge freezer my current kitchen was virtually built round it. It must be twenty plus years old, of course, neither zanussi not anyone else make them anymore! typical! Together they are only about 92cm wide even the most narrow fridges and freezers put side by side are too wide. I really don't understand why they stopped making them! Good luck finding the right thing! Keep us informed!

As already mentioned SCW, you need to be accurate with your measurements due to the positioning and it would be useful to check out local stores first. You could also browse places like Amazon, Tesco Direct and Sainsburys to compare prices. Best of luck with your search!

This is one area where looking in store before buying online is a good idea. Also many store prices are better. When I was looking for an under counter fridge freezer a few years ago I found the height, depth and width measurements really did vary so it is very important to measure the height of the worktop carefully and leave some room to get the fridge in and out! The width is also important.

she cant move hers as she said they are a standard size so il have to go back and try and measure it which aint easy

As already mentioned SCW, you need to be accurate with your measurements due to the positioning and it would be useful to check out local stores first. You could also browse places like Amazon, Tesco Direct and Sainsburys to compare prices. Best of luck with your search!

i only have a currys or john lewis around here that would have any but they aint very big stores so i doubt they would have any in so im really stuck thast why i thought id ask for advise

My advice is to measure your space not the fridge. Then go to John Lewis and examine all the models and look at which of those would fit the space and leave a little room for manouver. A few years ago they switched from British to European standard sizing so there really are variations. Once you identify which makes and models will actually fit, ask her which ones she likes the best then buy the best online price you can find- taking into account delivery charge of course.

My advice is to measure your space not the fridge. Then go to John Lewis and examine all the models and look at which of those would fit the space and leave a little room for manouver. A few years ago they switched from British to European standard sizing so there really are variations. Once you identify which makes and models will actually fit, ask her which ones she likes the best then buy the best online price you can find- taking into account delivery charge of course.

its hard to go lookin in a store when my 2 local possible ones are tiny and dont know if they have them but i will try

Most online stores give the dimensions of the appliances, so once you know the width, depth and height of the gap into which it's going you can take it from there. Dimensions aren't always standard as I discovered when I bought a new fridge and a new freezer.

Just worth saying, (without trying to be blindingly obvious!), that if the only problem with the old fridge is the light not working you can get replacement bulbs for fridge lights.

Its also worth a trip to any large Supermarket superstores you may have near to you. Our local Tescos superstore has a massive electrical department and you can take your measurements with you, look at them in the flesh, play with them, see what its like inside, check the number of shelves and whether they`re moveable shelves or fixed, check which side the door opens ( left or right opening ) and they also tend to have a weekly special offer which is a really good price, this week it was a tumble dryer but a few weeks ago it was a fridge.

Why? It would be cheaper with a lot less hassle.

that is what she wants and whatever she wants she gets basically shes had a few issues with it before but didnt bother so she thinks its better to replace it and that is her choice, shes not too good right now so im just making it as easy as possible

Its also worth a trip to any large Supermarket superstores you may have near to you. Our local Tescos superstore has a massive electrical department and you can take your measurements with you, look at them in the flesh, play with them, see what its like inside, check the number of shelves and whether they`re moveable shelves or fixed, check which side the door opens ( left or right opening ) and they also tend to have a weekly special offer which is a really good price, this week it was a tumble dryer but a few weeks ago it was a fridge.

none of my local supermarkets sell anything like this the only stores possible are currys and maybe john lewis if they have anything like this

OK, if the appliance has other issues then maybe it's time to replace it but surely it would be worth checking your local John Lewis and Currys stores. I'm sure they could advise you even if they don't stock the particular product.

If I was you I'd put a new bulb in which takes the pressure off the hunt for a new fridge. She will have to pay for the removal of the old fridge too which is around £20 (I think)

hi. definitely worth changing the bulb which is really easy rather than buying your mum a new fridge. but if the fridge is still quite new it may worth seeing if you still have a warranty so they can look at anything else that isn't working properly.

grandma has told me she dont want to have a new light put in it and thats her choice but going to currys tomorrow (not one that i can get to easy) and then to john lewis but i got a feeling JL wont have any as ive never seen any in there before

My local Wilkinsons have a good range too, my oven light has gone a couple of times and I got a replacement and just screwed it in.

Changed the bulb for my fridge just the other week, Got a pack of two from Morrisons for around £3.

The larger Argos stores have started stocking fridges and washing machines in store now so u can ask to view the item before buying it.

Latest posts

Back