Will they keep going until Christmas?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
I think they will, but the new year will see even more rubbish being sold and possibly recorded shows. Maybe a bit like the JML channels? I think they are called infomercials.

I think they will, but the new year will see even more rubbish being sold and possibly recorded shows. Maybe a bit like the JML channels? I think they are called infomercials.

I think they will carry on, but with drastically reduced revenues.

A purge of presenters will surely be on the cards at some point. It's pretty evident there's more dead wood than in a timber yard.

I can't see them lasting unless a massive overhaul takes place which would involve culling at least one of the channels altogether, and sourcing some decent goods, oh and whilst they're there they need to get rid of pointless gimmicks and anything, or anyone that's past their use by date!

I can't see Price Drop lasting much longer. They seem to be down to a one-camera-man setup, and the quantities of products they're selling at the moment seems to be incredibly low.

I guess everyone who wants a set of egg boilers has got them by now...

I can't see Price Drop lasting much longer. They seem to be down to a one-camera-man setup, and the quantities of products they're selling at the moment seems to be incredibly low.

I guess everyone who wants a set of egg boilers has got them by now...

I don't think the presenters on Price Drop help much. Watching Chris Birkett or Justin Hazell for 3 and a half hours is enough to finish off even the most die hard Telly Shopper.

And Steve McDonald's shifts have become utterly ridiculous, they're like watching a 1980's Saturday Morning Kids Show*. All they need is some custard pie throwing, the 'Yolisa is lazy' gag has long since ceased to be amusing.

*the type that was cancelled decades ago.

If they want to continue successfully, then maybe they ought to consider combining all the channels so there is just one. I don't buy much from them now, but it's very frustrating to buy something off Bid to then find it's sold on Pricedrop at a reduced rate, or vice vesa.) On another thread someone mentioned that they could factor in the P&P, which could also work, because I'm sure people forget to add it on and so think they've got a real bargain.

I'm discerning about what I buy from them but will add that I've had no issue with the quality of the things that I have bought.

If they want to continue successfully, then maybe they ought to consider combining all the channels so there is just one. I don't buy much from them now, but it's very frustrating to buy something off Bid to then find it's sold on Pricedrop at a reduced rate, or vice vesa.) On another thread someone mentioned that they could factor in the P&P, which could also work, because I'm sure people forget to add it on and so think they've got a real bargain.

I'm discerning about what I buy from them but will add that I've had no issue with the quality of the things that I have bought.

Toril, I doubt they would ever include the P+P in the selling price as it would have to be included in a refund.

A big part of their business appears to be selling sub £10 muck but with £10 of additional, non refundable costs knowing full well a customer is unlikely to return them as quite often they'd actually be out of pocket.

It's such a simple way to sell complete tatt for seemingly low prices and still make money on the ludicrous associated charges. I mean honestly, £10.52 just to order and receive a set of plastic microwave egg makers, of which £1 is refundable despite their repeated claims of 'if you're not happy send it back'.

Sure, and get £1 back?

Last edited:
They just sold 2 pillows on price drop for £1.99 + extras and ended up only selling 22! Price Drop certainly is turning into the speed auction

Price Drop feels like Speed feels like with regards to quality of broadcast.

Indeed PJ, it's the place where talent and quality has long since left the building.

That's if it ever got there in the first place.

Possibly..... unsure... but things are in a state of gradual decline at Bid. I'll stick to my guns though with what I said last year that they may last a couple more years...

Recession isn't helping and ASA complaints might be the final nail in the coffin.

Kat Baker and Marie J will no doubt be at the funeral. :drunk: (Marie J taking notes for her new position at a London newspaper).

Possibly..... unsure... but things are in a state of gradual decline at Bid. I'll stick to my guns though with what I said last year that they may last a couple more years...

Recession isn't helping and ASA complaints might be the final nail in the coffin.

Kat Baker and Marie J will no doubt be at the funeral. :drunk: (Marie J taking notes for her new position at a London newspaper).

"I love Bid" and Moet & Muffins will be there too!

McDonald is showcasing another desperate new method of flogging exactly the same old shat tonight.

They have put price cards up so you know the price, how novel. Isn't that kind of the way all the other shopping channels have operated since day one?

Oh, and every high street retailer? Genius!

McDonald is showcasing another desperate new method of flogging exactly the same old shat tonight.

They have put price cards up so you know the price, how novel. Isn't that kind of the way all the other shopping channels have operated since day one?
I don't know why they are doing it like that - they will have lost over 25 minutes of sales, but that isn't much lost with the way sales have been recently !

I don't know why they are doing it like that - they will have lost over 25 minutes of sales, but that isn't much lost with the way sales have been recently !

Maybe they haven't got enough stock to stretch 3 and a half hours!

I cannot believe they think that telling the punter what the price is up front is special. It tells us how far removed from the norm this shambles really are.

The sheer desperation is palpable.

They keep having these clearouts with the same old stock

'When they're gone, they're gone'

They keep coming back!!!!

He's selling the plastic Meerkats Momma. You know, the ones that look like they have a spring stuck up their............

How long before he tells a joke about Yolisa being late or lazy? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

He's selling the plastic Meerkats Momma. You know, the ones that look like they have a spring stuck up their............

How long before he tells a joke about Yolisa being late or lazy? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I thought they went for a quid. He's got a £2.99 label on by the looks. Maybe he'll tear it up like he did with the nail varnishes.

He's had over a hundred people miss out on the paint thing!!

I don't believe them when they say about the people who miss out. Bod was saying there was thirty people on the lines for a fan last night early in the sale and he barely sold 30 more before the actual end of the sale. I think it's just to give the impression loads of people are watching.

And of course the phones are locked adding a bit more pressure.

Latest posts

Back