Free postage

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mommabear

Registered Shopper
Mikeyboy had free post last night till 1.30am

I think this is the only deal worth bothering with. Forget the vouchers etc. and do more of this.

I wonder what sort of financial gain or loss this brings them. Looks like they were selling stuff for the same prices so to be £8 a pop down on each item must bash the old piggy bank. But then again, they must sell a lot more stuff.

I think this is the only deal worth bothering with. Forget the vouchers etc. and do more of this.

I wonder what sort of financial gain or loss this brings them. Looks like they were selling stuff for the same prices so to be £8 a pop down on each item must bash the old piggy bank. But then again, they must sell a lot more stuff.

Dirty Peter said he was doing free P+P the other night after 8.30pm too, I don't know what he had on sale though as I couldn't bring myself to tune in.

But I agree Momma that free P+P (if it's genuinely free) is the only type of promo i'd be interested in, not gimmicks like worthless vouchers.

I watched it for a little while Momma but Mikey boy was so bleddy arrogant and so far up his own arse (coz clearly the whole event was down to him single handedly!) that I turned him off.
I agree that free P&P is probably the only genuine saving that they offer. I don't know how it would impact on their sales figures but, to my mind, they were selling many more products per hour than they normally would so if they sold way more in volume surely that would recoup some of the P&P costs so the numbers might well have balanced themselves out over that shift?

Dirty Peter said he was doing free P+P the other night after 8.30pm too, I don't know what he had on sale though as I couldn't bring myself to tune in.

But I agree Momma that free P+P (if it's genuinely free) is the only type of promo i'd be interested in, not gimmicks like worthless vouchers.

Yes me too. They have tried Dibbing, vouchers, 2 for 1 and insulted out intelligence for years telling us what a 'good buy' things are when a simple internet search turns the goods up pounds cheaper, even without the postage and phone call.

They have talked down to us, patronized us and assured us that 'R Vera would love this or that' or 'I wish I was allowed to buy this'. They have told us with a straight face that this make-up, that handbag those shoes are top of the range or that we will absolutely' love' some perfume or snake oil.

And unforgivably, one salesman in particular looks into the camera and talks about his belief in prayer while he tries to shift a batch of lumps of glass called worry angels. A 'dirty' trick to end all dirty tricks, , preying on the older and vulnerable while pretending to be genuine and concerned.

If all this went on in a high street shop they would be closed down under the sale of goods act and if it was done in a street market they would be arrested.

Yes me too. They have tried Dibbing, vouchers, 2 for 1 and insulted out intelligence for years telling us what a 'good buy' things are when a simple internet search turns the goods up pounds cheaper, even without the postage and phone call.

They have talked down to us, patronized us and assured us that 'R Vera would love this or that' or 'I wish I was allowed to buy this'. They have told us with a straight face that this make-up, that handbag those shoes are top of the range or that we will absolutely' love' some perfume or snake oil.

And unforgivably, one salesman in particular looks into the camera and talks about his belief in prayer while he tries to shift a batch of lumps of glass called worry angels. A 'dirty' trick to end all dirty tricks, , preying on the older and vulnerable while pretending to be genuine and concerned.

If all this went on in a high street shop they would be closed down under the sale of goods act and if it was done in a street market they would be arrested.

Hillary have you noticed on Bid Plus they are now selling a new line of skin potions in identical looking bottles to Skin Pharmacy that are called Skin Chemists? My goodness there's a difference in price though, Skin Chemists Snake Serum is £55.99 and Skin Pharmacy Snake Serum is £24.98, both 30ml bottles :confused2:

Very odd don't you think?

skin chemist.jpg skin pharmacy.jpg

http://bidplus.tv/Skin-Pharmacy-Snake-Serum--30ml-/US131533/ProductDetail.raction

http://bidplus.tv/Skin-Chemists-Snake-Serum-30ml/US143521/ProductDetail.raction

And you won't be surprised to know that both brands seem to have exactly the same contact address, in fact they have exactly the same telephone number too!!!!

Last edited:
Hillary have you noticed on Bid Plus they are now selling a new line of skin potions in identical looking bottles to Skin Pharmacy that are called Skin Chemists? My goodness there's a difference in price though, Skin Chemists Snake Serum is £55.99 and Skin Pharmacy Snake Serum is £24.98, both 30ml bottles :confused2:

View attachment 9129 View attachment 9130

http://bidplus.tv/Skin-Pharmacy-Snake-Serum--30ml-/US131533/ProductDetail.raction

And you won't be surprised to know that both brands seem to have exactly the same contact address, in fact they have exactly the same telephone number too!!!!

Well, well well. Can we get 'em on this? ASA? Where's Benny, he'll know

Well, well well. Can we get 'em on this? ASA? Where's Benny, he'll know

I think they can price products how they like Hillary, especially when it's an own brand. Not that i'm suggesting they are own brand of course.

Agree 100 % with this. Maybe Bid have finally realised that we are in the depths of a recession, most people are cutting their budgets accordingly and that it might make sense to cut their margins a little too. It was also good to see relatively little tat during MM's stint last night and they seemed to do quite well selling higher-priced items that people might actually be interested in buying.

View attachment 9129 View attachment 9130

They're doing the same/similar trick as pharmaceutical companies and/or shops are doing with over-the-counter medicines, as mentioned on a BBC Watchdog report yesterday evening:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/features/pain-killers

Of course this sort of thing has happened for years in respect of items like pain killers (for example) and isn't necessarily illegal in itself, which is rather surprising in some respects, therefore I strongly suspect that a complaint to the ASA will fall on deaf ears, more's the pity. So my advice is don't bother with submitting a complaint to the ASA about this; there are/will be better things to complain about.

They're doing the same/similar trick as pharmaceutical companies and/or shops are doing with over-the-counter medicines, as mentioned on a BBC Watchdog report yesterday evening:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/features/pain-killers

Of course this sort of thing has happened for years in respect of items like pain killers (for example) and isn't necessarily illegal in itself, which is rather surprising in some respects, therefore I strongly suspect that a complaint to the ASA will fall on deaf ears, more's the pity. So my advice is don't bother with submitting a complaint to the ASA about this; there are/will be better things to complain about.

Indeed PP, no grounds to complain as far as I can see but it's a timely reminder of how they operate.

But if the post saves someone £30 i'm happy :wink:

Indeed PP, no grounds to complain as far as I can see but it's a timely reminder of how they operate.

But if the post saves someone £30 i'm happy :wink:

True thank you for the post as my Mother often likes to try new skin care products. If I can I usually stop her buying impulse buys off Bid/pd until I've had chance to have a look on google reviews first.

I really dislike it when shopping channels do that kind of thing, when you compare some shopping channels on customer treatment the difference (imo) is like night and day. Take GemsTV for example they are amazing at giving every slight bit of information they can and offering superb prices... its like they bend over backwards to help.
I feel sorry for some shopping channels as most seem to get tared with the same brush, an example is at work I was showing the receptionist the fire opal necklace I've bought (for my better half's birthday) and she was saying she'd never buy off a shopping channel again after how'd she been treated by two channels and she'd rather pay a fair bit more for a product in the high street. It goes to show how the actions of one channel can effect how another is perceived.

Last edited:
True thank you for the post as my Mother often likes to try new skin care products. If I can I usually stop her buying impulse buys off Bid/pd until I've had chance to have a look on google reviews first.

I really dislike it when shopping channels do that kind of thing, when you compare some shopping channels on customer treatment the difference (imo) is like night and day. Take GemsTV for example they are amazing at giving every slight bit of information they can and offering superb prices... its like they bend over backwards to help.
I feel sorry for some shopping channels as most seem to get tared with the same brush, an example is at work I was showing the receptionist the fire opal necklace I've bought (for my better half's birthday) and she was saying she'd never buy off a shopping channel again after how'd she been treated by two channels and she'd rather pay a fair bit more for a product in the high street. It goes to show how the actions of one channel can effect how another is perceived.

You are quite right Mr M, not all shopping channels are the same.

But in my opinion there's one group of channels that seem to adhere to an entirely different set of values to any of the others that I watch.

Latest posts

Back