Did anyone here buy the own-brand soup-maker?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodluckifyageddit

Registered Shopper
Not a lot tempts me on this channel, but during the cold weather the soup maker looked not a bad buy when it was introduced at £24.99. When I saw it later on the other channel it had mysteriously risen to an eye-watering £42.99, so I passed. Did anyone here give it a go - did it live up to expectations?

This is the model I have & enjoy:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morphy-Ri...=UK_HGKitchen_SmallApp_RL&hash=item3a80ae3556

I've seen it go for around the £25 mark on ebay lots of times and the Prolectrix one at roughly the same price so I think about £25-£30 is about right for a decent branded one.

I notice that the one in the link is a refurb not a brand new item.

I have bought refurbished stuff - the Vax window vac for example but I had problems with it (couldn't switch it off after it had been used a few times except by holding the on/off switch down for about 2 seconds) but they sent me another one and that is okay except that water sometimes sprays out of the motor vents.

I used to like the idea of getting a soup maker, until I saw one in the flesh, they're chuffin' enormous and ugly. Then I thought about damn easy soup is to make using a knife a saucepan and blender, that's if you even want to blend it of course, and I figured any amount spent on it would be a waste! Just do it the old fashioned way, it's usually ready in less than half an hour!

Ah, The Soup Maker. It brings back good memories of Chef Wayne and his classic Tomato Soup recipe. 2 tins of cheap tomatoes, mixed herbs, oregano.

Scrumptious.

Ah how I miss him :wink:

Me too. I know Dirty Peter often makes mistakes but it just appears staged, and unfunny.

Momma do you remember Chef Wayne's delicious Mushroom Soup? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

And that steak he served up Wiggy ha ha.

..........and his lovely thick, crisp, chips........now I'm getting hungry :wonder:

They were more like roasties!

I wonder what Our Sally will serve up tonight? I cant wait to play spot the Sit Up products in her house :grin:

Joking aside, you can actually make a tomato and basil soup with a tin of tomatoes, however you do need to add a few other DECENT ingredients. Fresh onion,fresh garlic, fresh basil, salt, pepper and a small amount of sugar, that'll take away the "tinniness". Doing it Wayne's way...well you couldn't exactly call it soup, that would be ,er..tinned tomatoes with herbs!

Me too. I know Dirty Peter often makes mistakes but it just appears staged, and unfunny.

Momma do you remember Chef Wayne's delicious Mushroom Soup? mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

And that steak he served up Wiggy ha ha.

Would that be the one he was still seen to be chewing 10 minutes into the presentation?

Joking aside, you can actually make a tomato and basil soup with a tin of tomatoes, however you do need to add a few other DECENT ingredients. Fresh onion,fresh garlic, fresh basil, salt, pepper and a small amount of sugar, that'll take away the "tinniness". Doing it Wayne's way...well you couldn't exactly call it soup, that would be ,er..tinned tomatoes with herbs!

As I recall he also said use the cheapest tinned tomatoes you can buy, I think he said 20p a can!

It looked like what it was, tinned tomatoes with a few herbs!

Let's hope Sally is a bit more imaginative tonight :grin:

Latest posts

Back